How often do you bathe your newborn?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 2 Post By kurly
  • 2 Post By markswife
  • 2 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 12:02 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Just curious what everyone's bathing schedule is for your newborns. So far, I have only been able to bathe Lexi once a week. I've been wanting to do twice a week, but it is just is so exhausting with a high needs toddler that often times I let bath slip by.
June 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bathe Avery almost every night. The only time I skip it is if I'm running behind and just too tired to do it. She LOVES baths and playing in the water though so it really relaxes her and helps her sleep. If she didn't enjoy it so much I wouldn't bother doing it more than 2-3 times a week.
June 20th, 2013, 12:31 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
About 1-2 times a week. I would do it more often, but her skin seems sensitive and I notice she is less dry and less acne-ish when she gets fewer baths. I do wipe her face, neck, and upper arms nightly though, because she pukes so much!
rheaimedved likes this.
June 20th, 2013, 01:01 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Generally once or twice a week. I'd like to do it more often, but I don't always feel like it's very high on my priority list with having Ethan to take care of too. Heck, even Ethan only gets a bath once or twice a week...should be more often for a 3 year old but I do what I can! Kody needs a bath but I've been tired. Need to do one today I think.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 20th, 2013, 01:16 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I hear you, Joy! My 3 year old son gets a bath every other night. He goes to a summer camp and has been outside a lot and wearing sunscreen. Plus my hubby is home every night and usually does his bath, which helps tremendously.
June 20th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Expecting a boy in May!
My 3-year-old goes to the park everyday and swims most days too so she gets a bath at least once a day, sometimes twice with all the sand and 3-year-old dirt everywhere. The baby gets a bath at least once a week...more if he's stinky. But he gets wiped down on his neck and back of his ears at least once a day.
June 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Super Mommy
I bathe Wyatt every single night before bed. It's part of his "routine". I'm kinda a germ freak so I LOVE a clean baby. And it just makes him smell sooooo good!

After bath he gets a lotion massage, so no dry skin here.
EverydayJoy and MichelleLynn like this.
June 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Twice a week. I bathed DS1 too often when he was this little and it would reallu agitate his dry skin.

June 20th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bathe Arthur as often as I can. but only use soap every other or 3rd bath. he LOVES his bath, and it is super relaxing, he'll go down for 5+ hours post bath and I love it!

June 20th, 2013, 06:27 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I shoot for twice a week but don't usually reach that. It only takes five minutes so I don't know why I don't do it more often. I'm just focused on other stuff apparently. She smells so awesome afterwards so I should do it more.
rheaimedved and Mrsbowbin like this.
June 20th, 2013, 08:50 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
We've only done a couple baths (her stump just fell off a week ago). I really hate to bathe her, because she detests them and freaks out like we're torturing her when we do it. I try to avoid anything that increases the screaming
June 20th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Brock's minion
We do twice a week, I use oil when he's damp then lotion on top. He loves playing in the water and we do that separate from bathing.

Michelle
June 20th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For those of you with babies who hate the bath, have you played around with water temp? Arthur was super unimpressed with his first few baths, but come to find out, he just LOVES them HOT HOT HOT... I'm talking so hot I was scared I was going to burn him. He screams going into the bath every time, but quickly calms down when I put the wash cloth over his torso and dump water over his head! I am so grateful to have figured this out when I did, because it relaxes him right before bed!
LabLover13 and rheaimedved like this.

June 20th, 2013, 10:32 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I realized Kody likes it a little warmer, too! I was previously aiming for about body temperature, but I ended up going a little closer to a comfortable bathing temp for me, and he fussed over it a little at first but then didn't cry for washing his hair, which he normally screams for. I think he got used to the temp and preferred it for the bath.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 21st, 2013, 12:15 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Usually once or twice a week. Her skin can get pretty dry even when I use lotion, and she has eczema, so I don't want to irritate it any more than I have to. She hated baths at first, but now she seems to like them. She cries going in and out of the bath, but sits there happily during.

June 21st, 2013, 07:30 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Twice, sometimes 3 times a week. My husband and I joke that after a few days the top of his head smells like potato...lol. his belly button is still not that great though so I don't want to over due it with the baths. I think I have to bring him back to the dr. to have the silver nitrate put on it a second time. he is my only child that hates having a bath.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we give him baths every couple of days or so, and i wipe down his face and neck fat and between his fingers (with a q-tip) pretty much daily.
SunnyBunnyMama likes this.
June 22nd, 2013, 07:12 PM
Veteran
Same as Rhea. I would do it more often if his older and super jealous sister would allow me ( she on the other hand gets them every night before bed)
rheaimedved likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search