Newborn Hair

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 2 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By LolaBadola

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 02:02 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody's starting to lose his newborn hair, which I figured he would. Makes me sad though, he has the worst receding hairline you ever saw, lol! It works ok if I do a "comb over" though, lol. I did take a snip of hair from the nape of his neck to save in case his hair color changes when it comes back in, like it did with Ethan.

Just curious, do ALL newborns lose their hair? Or do some get to keep it? It's always kinda sad when they go from a nice head of hair to bald.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi is starting to lose her hair too! I looked back at earlier pictures and it's obvious! It makes me sad, too! I didn't snip my son's hair the first time around bc I was afraid of it looking uneven in the back. I will not snip Lexi's either. But I kind of want to.
June 20th, 2013, 02:35 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery's hair is actually getting longer and thicker. It's still skimpy on top though. My mom says I was bald until I was 2 so I don't look for hers to grow on top any time soon.
June 20th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Super Mommy
My guy has kept all his and it's starting to grow in on his "old man bald spots" on the top sides

His color has changed from brown to blonde though!
June 20th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some of my boys kept theirs. I think Cadence is beginning to lose hers, too.
June 21st, 2013, 08:22 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Some babies keep it. Just depends on genetics. If the hair is "real hair" or newborn hair. Jo is actually growing more. She was born completely bald on top, but a full head in the back and on the crown. Lol. And she is growing some more on the top. Still terribly uneven though!

Both my boys were mostly bald, lost what they had, and it grew back around 15 months. We will see if she follows suit.
June 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didnt know they lost hwir.
It seems Mason is growing more. He still has thin hair but its getting longer.
June 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caroline is getting her baby bald spot on the back of her head. Her receding hair line cracks me up. I figure I have to laugh or I would cry. It's so thin on the top and so thick on the back of her head. My older daughter lost most of her hair before it started growing back in.
rheaimedved likes this.
June 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grady was born with a full head of hair and he's getting more. Hoping to avoid losing it!

June 21st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Roman has tons of hair and its very long. His seems to be staying in place thankfully. DS1 lost it like Kody tho--looked like a receding hairline. It was about a month of ugly until it started to grow back in lol.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

June 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Some of Lilah's is growing, and some is falling out. She has a bald line on the back of her head from sleeping on her back at night (during the day she's mostly napping in the Ergo - she's carried a lot ). On top, it's still very sparse. It starts getting long right around the crown of her head, and where it isn't bald on the back, there is quite a bit. I get a lot of comments on how much hair she has, but really she's quite bald compared to how much hair Julianna had - SHE was hairy!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 21st, 2013, 07:48 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin80 View Post
She has a bald line on the back of her head from sleeping on her back at night (during the day she's mostly napping in the Ergo - she's carried a lot
Off topic, but how do you carry her in the Ergo? We have one (with the newborn insert), but I feel like she's either pushed forward against my chest--where I'm worried she's going to smother on my HUGE boobs--or her head is flopped back and I'm afraid she's going to strain her neck. I must be wearing her wrong??
June 22nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Chloe is losing hair on her side's. She still has hair in the back and a little up top, but her sides are going.

June 22nd, 2013, 09:56 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Kody's starting to lose his newborn hair, which I figured he would. Makes me sad though, he has the worst receding hairline you ever saw, lol! It works ok if I do a "comb over" though, lol. I did take a snip of hair from the nape of his neck to save in case his hair color changes when it comes back in, like it did with Ethan.

Just curious, do ALL newborns lose their hair? Or do some get to keep it? It's always kinda sad when they go from a nice head of hair to bald.
Joy - the same thing happened to Owen. He had total George Costanza hair going on! And I swear he lost it all in one day. DH finally trimmed all of it in the back so now he's totally bald, but at least it's growing back more evenly. He was born with black hair and it's all coming in super white blonde!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search