Guesses on eye color?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Erin80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 08:33 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Now that they are here and had a bit of time to get some light into those eyes...what color are you thinking they are? Anyone seeing brown pop up?

I heard that brown eyes are usually able to be seen by 2-months, but green can take years to come out. Brighter shades of blue will be present by 6 months.

Jo's are blue, fairly bright blue. No grey at all. I am sure they won't be brown. But green is yet to be seen. I would love if they stayed blue, since that would give me one of each But we won't know for a while, Liam's didn't change til 10 months...but before that his were more of a grey-blue than bright blue.
June 21st, 2013, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe
How sweet to have a blue eyed baby..

Mason will have brown eyes. Its showing already. Now its if it will stay dark like his dads or light almost hazel like mine.
June 21st, 2013, 09:22 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caroline's are still hovering in the green range. Some days they look darker than others so I suspect they will end up brown. Her older sister had brown eyes pretty much from day one. There was never any doubt that she would be a brown eyed girl.
June 21st, 2013, 09:36 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery's look dark blue one day and grey the next back and forth. DH has green eyes and DSD has blue so I'm figuring they'll stay blue. I'm so jealous too, I always wanted blue eyes.
June 21st, 2013, 09:59 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody's are looking a denim-y blue right now. They were more steely gray when he was born, so I'm thinking he's going to blue like his brother and Daddy. I was hoping for brown or hazel. I thought the blue gene was recessive, but I guess not in this case!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our entire family is blue eyed and Cadence's have looked blue-grey since birth so I'm thinking she'll stay blue. The grey tint is interesting and I wonder if it will hang around.
June 21st, 2013, 12:41 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's looking like Grady will stay blue. They are getting lighter. I love them !

June 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Claire is looking blue-gray right now, which I'm loving. I seriously hope they stay that way (I have blue eyes, DH has hazel) because every other single part of her is her father, and I want proof that she's at least PART me (other than the stretch marks and floppy gut, that is).
June 21st, 2013, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
haha joy, recessive doesn't mean it won't happen and the genetics of eye color is actually really complicated (it used to be--even when i was taking university biology classes 10 years ago--thought to be a simple "blue is recessive" type deal). when dealing with blue and brown it's fairly easy to predict but since there's such a wide range of colors, it gets more complicated when you're dealing with green/hazel/combinations of colors.

Also, this is sort of interesting, "Observing the iris of an infant from the side using only transmitted light with no reflection from the back of the iris, it is possible to detect the presence or absence of low levels of melanin. An iris that appears blue under this method of observation is more likely to remain blue as the infant ages. An iris that appears golden contains some melanin even at this early age and is likely to turn green or brown as the infant ages." (from wiki) so based on that, you could try to guess what the eye color will be if you're unsure

baby dictator is gonna have blue eyes. both hubby and i have dark blue eyes (maybe with a little gray?).
ashj_1218 likes this.
June 21st, 2013, 02:25 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Romans are a dark grey blue. DS1's were the same and they are now blue but I would guess Romans will end up turning brown.

June 21st, 2013, 02:35 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rhea the only reason I say dominant in this case is because DH's dad had blue, mom is brown, and all their kids have blue eyes. AND most of their kids' kids have blue too. Despite me being hazel it didn't throw off the trend! I was hoping for at least one kid that kinda looked like me a little
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 21st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Greyish brown here now - I'm 100% sure they will be brown....just not sure if they'll be chocolate brown like her dads, or hazel like mine. I'm hoping for hazel since Lexy has dark brown eyes, Julianna has blue eyes.....and if Lilah had hazel, that would be very cool! Julianna got the random blue eyed gene that we both carry - so crazy random, I never expected to have a blue eyed child!
rheaimedved likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 21st, 2013, 05:22 PM
Brock's minion
Very interesting I was wondering. Brocky has blue grey at different times they are bright blue. I have green eyes my hubs has brown but really are hoping for blue eyes. Lots of people in our family's have blue eyes including both our dads.

Michelle
June 21st, 2013, 08:06 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Remy has a steel gray now. pretty much the same since he was born, maybe a little lighter now. I am SOOOOO hoping they stay. My husband and both my other boys have brown eyes. I have green. He really looks like me too. My other two boys are exactly like my husband. So it would be so cool to have one look like me!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 23rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
his eyes are blue and will stay blue, but they will lighten a lot as he gets older. all of my kids started off with dark blue and lightened up. we all have blue eyes.

June 23rd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Kaeldra's eyes are blue. They're still pretty dark on the outside, but they have a light grey ring around the pupils. My husband has bright blue eyes and I have grey-blue eyes. Our families all have blue eyes except my mom, who has green eyes. I'm sure Kaeldra's will stay blue, but I'm curious to see if they'll be more blue or grey.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search