Weight loss check in

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By LolaBadola
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 07:03 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Take a moment and post how much you gained during pregnancy and how much you have lost so far.

I gained a total of 27 lbs. At my 6 week check up, I had only 9 more lbs to lose. But I feel like my weight loss has stagnated at this point. I do not own a scale so I have no clue where I am at now (almost 8 weeks out).
June 23rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 45 during pregnancy, 55 total since TTC. I've only lost the 7 lbs I lost with Avery's birth. Apparently there are women who can't lose while breastfeeding, my LLL leader said she was one of them and it didn't matter what she did. Naturally I would be one of them too. Avery gets her shots Thursday and I'm going to start bringing her to the gym daycare after that so I can try exercising and see if it helps. I really feel horrible. All that work to lose 67 lbs before pregnancy and it's just as big of a battle to get it back off.
June 23rd, 2013, 07:57 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I gained 33 lbs. during pregnancy and have somewhere between 8-10 lbs. to lose. That's just from breastfeeding. I haven't really started exercising yet, but I'd like to get more toned soon. It's just hard to find the time!

June 23rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
I didn't even look at the scale at the end, but I'm pretty sure I gained 50 pounds. So far I've lost 26 of it, which leaves me with 24 to go. The scale isn't budging for me either, and I am breastfeeding, calorie counting, and working out 4 days a week. I remember with DD I plateaued for quite a while - at least a month or more before the weight finally started coming off. I think I'd lost it all by about 6 or 7 months, but it took a whole year to look and feel myself again. I'm 37 so I'm sure my metabolism is super sluggish.

Are you counting calories? You can hit a plateau if you aren't eating enough, which most days is my problem. I am so preoccupied that I forget to eat--very unlike me!

P.S. I am usually a size 6 but just had to buy size 12 clothes to wear until I can lose this weight. Talk about depressing. Oh, and I totally worked out and watched what I ate while I was preg. Just one of those lucky gals who gains weight effortlessly.

Last edited by LolaBadola; June 23rd, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
June 23rd, 2013, 09:56 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I gained about 32 lbs with the pregnancy, and have lost about 22. I have 10 left to go. If I were going to be my ideal weight, I'd lose another 10, but we'll see. I've stagnated too.
SunnyBunnyMama likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 23rd, 2013, 10:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I gained 27 and I have 5 left. I've had those 5 left since she was about a week old, and I'm pretty sure it's my own fault I haven't lost it yet. But I'm trying to just be thankful I have so little to lose because after some of my others I had to lose 25-30 lbs and I'm so glad I don't have to go through that again!
June 23rd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Veteran
I put on 44 pounds and have about 6 left to go. My stomach is really squishy though, would love it to feel firm again!
June 23rd, 2013, 11:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gained 60 lbs, lost about 33 doing nothing and have plateaued. I haven't started working out yet, so we'll see what happens when that starts. Although, I'm not feeling too optimistic right now, because since the beginning of January I worked out 5 days a week and ate well and still gained a massive amount of weight. At least my belly button is a normal color again =/
ashj_1218 and SunnyBunnyMama like this.
June 23rd, 2013, 11:51 PM
Super Mommy
Hmm.. You ladies are lucky. I gained 67 lbs this time. Went from 143 lbs to 210. Yikes. First week pp, I lost 20 lbs. A month later, I am still 190 lbs. And I have been eating much better, I don't crave or eat the junk food that I craved whie pregnant but still... No change. But I am determined to lose it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
Gained 60 lbs, lost about 33 doing nothing and have plateaued. I haven't started working out yet, so we'll see what happens when that starts. Although, I'm not feeling too optimistic right now, because since the beginning of January I worked out 5 days a week and ate well and still gained a massive amount of weight. At least my belly button is a normal color again =/
Lucky. How did you manage to lose half of it so fast?
June 24th, 2013, 04:37 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 8 kg (doc weighed in kg, I didn't care to know my weight in pounds) and when I weighed myself a month or so ago I had lost 10 kg. I have no clue where I am now but I need to start exercising.

June 24th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I gained 35lbs and have lost about 25... I'm not at all concerned about losing the rest of the weight just yet. I have given myself a break on worrying about it in any capacity until August. BF is helping my take it off a little at a time. I intend on doing the 30 day shred and watching my diet more closely at that time.

June 24th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was doing great until the bedrest. I ended up gaining close to 50 lbs. and have lost 26 lbs. so far. I obviously have a ways to go. I know that I could shake the extra 22 lbs. within 3 months if I really worked hard but I'm struggling staying on track with breastfeeding, which is making me sooo hungry!

Last edited by Memi; June 24th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
June 24th, 2013, 07:59 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 40 and I've lost 34. No exercise yet.

Nichole
June 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
I gained 43 pounds, and have lost 23. So far, the other 20 is sticking around but I love it. I was under weight to start with. Now, to tone up!
June 24th, 2013, 09:19 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
At my highest point of pregnancy weight gain (36 weeks) I had put on a whopping (for me) 49 pounds.

I lost 8 of that the week before I delivered, because of being so sick from the internal bleeding. So that took it down to 41lbs gained from start.

Since birth I have lost 24 pounds. That leaves me with 17 to get to pre-pregnancy weight at 6 weeks post-partum.

But I have totally stagnated, not losing anything at all in about 3 weeks. I am trying not to get worked up about it. This is my third kid in three years, so my body is prolly a bit shell-shocked. I know I'll manage to get it off.

Last edited by ashj_1218; June 24th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
June 24th, 2013, 09:19 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 30 and I've lost 25. I've been holding on to that last 5 since he was a couple weeks old. I probably don't eat enough during the day to keep up with breastfeeding. When is there time to eat?!

June 24th, 2013, 11:13 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Or shower!
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got up to just about 160 pounds (+30) and am down to 145 so I have another 15 to go. I'm wearing a size 8, which is ok, but I'd rather be down to a 4 or 6...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search