feeling frustrated...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MichelleLynn
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By Erin80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Veteran
It is 2:26 in the morning. My son has been up since 1 where he let out a cry like no other for food. I changed him and fed him. Whenever I move or put him down he wakes up. I am sweating bullets. He slept maybe 3 hours last night so to say I am exhausted is an understatement. I am literally in tears because my boyfriend has work in a few hours so he is sleeping. My mother in law to hovers over me during the day certaintly does not even think to maybe give a slight hand during the night. And everybody pulled the "I'm tired" card yesterday when I am running off of 5 hours of sleep im 2 days. I seriously need this child to sleep already. I love him to death but I feel like I am going crazy right now... oh...btw...he has literally been on the breast on and off since .... pray that it holds him at least a few hours.....
June 24th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Super Mommy
Try to rock baby for a while and don't put him down as soon as he falls asleep. I find that when I leave mine in my arms for like 5-10 minutes, he continues to sleep after I out down.

Good luck !
June 24th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Super Mommy
It's coming. Your little one is only 4 weeks, right? Mine didn't start sleeping for more than one hour at a time till he was about 5 and a half weeks. Then he gradually worked up from there. Now here we are at 9 weeks and he's been asleep for 6 and a half hours! The only reason I'm awake at 3:30 am is because I'm so used to NOT getting sleep!

I'm sorry you are exhausted- hang in there. It can only get BETTER each week.

And btw- if MIL wants to peck over your shoulder each day- the next time she puts in her two cents- you should suggest she take a night.

And seriously- you should work out a schedule with your boyfriend where he takes a night while you get at least one full night's sleep a week. It made ALLLL the difference for me once I got over my pride of feeling like I had to do it all.

And none of these words will help because you are too exhausted. I get it. I'm sorry
June 24th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Veteran
So sorry to hear you getting so little sleep. My son actually sleeps quite well but still feeling exhausted so really feel for you with so little sleep. I totally understand how you feel... I love him more than anything but there are times when I am so tired and just want him to sleep so badly that I feel like I'm losing my mind. You are not alone and what you are feeling is so normal. Good luck... mine is 6 weeks tomorrow and I promise it gets easier every day!
June 24th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I know how hard it is. It SUCKS and it's awful to be that tired. Lilah JUST started going back to sleep after her night time feedings. Up until a few nights ago, she would stay up for hours, literally, after each middle of the night feed. If she woke at 2am to eat, she's be up until 4 or 4:30......and FUSSY....not happy. Then I'd have to get up to pump at 5:50am before DH got up for work. I was so insanely tired every day. Only a couple nights ago did she start going back to sleep after a feeding. I keep waiting for the night where she'll stay up again, but she hasn't so far. She turns 5 weeks today, so she'd been doing that middle of the night staying up stuff for 5 weeks!

I hope he starts sleeping better for you. With my first daughter, I found that after a feeding I had to rock her for 20-30 min (my arm was KILLING me) before I could put her down, she had to be in a deep sleep. Even with Lilah, she has to sleep on our chest (either myself or DH) after her middle of the night bottle for about 30 min before we can move her into her bassinet.

Oh man, I know how hard it is. It SUCKS and it's awful to be that tired. Lilah JUST started going back to sleep after her night time feedings. Up until a few nights ago, she would stay up for hours, literally, after each middle of the night feed. If she woke at 2am to eat, she's be up until 4 or 4:30......and FUSSY....not happy. Then I'd have to get up to pump at 5:50am before DH got up for work. I was so insanely tired every day. Only a couple nights ago did she start going back to sleep after a feeding. I keep waiting for the night where she'll stay up again, but she hasn't so far. She turns 5 weeks today, so she'd been doing that middle of the night staying up stuff for 5 weeks!

I hope he starts sleeping better for you. With my first daughter, I found that after a feeding I had to rock her for 20-30 min (my arm was KILLING me) before I could put her down, she had to be in a deep sleep. Even with Lilah, she has to sleep on our chest (either myself or DH) after her middle of the night bottle for about 30 min before we can move her into her bassinet.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 24th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Veteran
Thanks for the support ladies. Little man let me get another 3 hours so I do feel better. I always wait until he is asleep for at least 5 minutes before getting him down, but if I wait too long I end up falling asleep as well. Lol I know it is only temporary...at those odd hours, it certaintly does not feel it though.
June 24th, 2013, 09:47 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry it's been so bad for sleep for you. I have had times like that with Kody and it sure does mess with your head when you're super sleep deprived. Heck, that's why it's used as a method of torture! I hope you get some better sleep tonight!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 24th, 2013, 10:05 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Oh, do I feel your pain. The last couple of nights, Claire has been wide awake after her night feedings. Last night, she was awake--and super fussy--from 2:30 to 5:30. The only thing that worked to stop the crying was bouncing on the yoga ball with her. So I bounced. For. Three. Hours. After she went back to sleep, she only slept till 7...so needless to say, I'm freaking exhausted today.

We just got back from a car ride to try to get her to sleep, because she's been wide awake and PI$$ED since 7 this morning, and I needed to pump. She's still in her car seat fidgeting around because my boobs were about to explode, so I'm pumping.

I'm probably a terrible mother for letting her sleep in her car seat, but I'm finding it very difficult to care at the moment.
June 24th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Veteran
You are NOT a terrible Mom for letting her sleep in the car seat. She is safe and resting! I have done that too. ♥
LabLover13 likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 11:22 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, not a terrible mom. If a fussy baby is sleeping, let them sleep! Be it in the car seat, on your bed, or in their swing...wherever! So long as they're not in danger of falling or suffocating, you're good to go!
LabLover13 likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 24th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
"I'm probably a terrible mother for letting her sleep in her car seat, but I'm finding it very difficult to care at the moment."

LOL....I have SO been there!
EverydayJoy and LabLover13 like this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search