3 Questions

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 05:19 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
How long does it take those that pump to pump/how much do u get?

it takes me about 1o minutes and lately I have been getting 6 oz. (3 oz. each). im trying to build up a little stock for when I go back to work in sept. Booooo!

what developmental milestones has baby reached?

Remy has been smiling like crazy. especially in the mornings when he gets up. he is also cooing like crazy! hes not 2 months yet. my last son took way longer to smile an coo. he didn't smile until he was about 5 months! he also didn't talk until he was 3! I thought he was autistic.

how long is baby sleeping at night before waking up?

when he first goes down he will give me 4 hours!!!! yay! this just started happening and it only happens at night. then after that hes up every 2. but its a start!

ok...that was really 4 questions.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 24th, 2013, 06:00 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I haven't pumped yet...kind of liberating! I think I'm rebelling from last time when I was going crazy with breastfeeding and pumping. I just felt so overwhelmed.

Lexi has been smiling from about 10 days old, I kid you not. My son was like that, too. She just started cooing too, and I swear I almost got a real laugh from her the other day! On tummy time, she can lift her head and swing it from side to side multiple times.

She has been consistently going to bed between 7-8 pm and usually stays asleep for 5-6 hours before needed her first nighttime feeding. Then it's every 3 hours until she wakes up for the day, which is around 8:30 am. During the day, she's still anywhere from 90 min to 3 hrs between feedings. But usually 2 hrs.
jcperez and rheaimedved like this.
June 24th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy

I inconsistently pump every couple of days for maybe 20-30 min at most and get about 4-5 oz I have been more hesitant to pump until I get this over supply issue resolved

Arthur will lift and turn his head frequently, he's been tracking with his eyes since birth, but now turns his whole head to follow our movements and voices. No social smiles just yet, but he LOVES making 'happy' faces at the ceiling fan... (his mama is chopped liver when the fan is on!)

He sleeps at night in 4 hour and then roughly 3 hour stretches and has since leaving the hospital.
jcperez likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 06:59 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long does it take those that pump to pump/how much do you get?
I try to pump 20-30 minutes, but it all depends on if somebody is there to help with Avery or not. I'm only getting 2-3 oz combined these days which really sucks. I used to get 4-5 oz from just one side with no sweat.

Avery can lift her head from side to side, push up on her legs to head butt my chin, smiles constantly, and rolled over from tummy to back once last week.

She goes down between 730-830 usually and will sleep 4-6 hours the first stretch. After that she's up every 2-3 hours to nurse.
June 24th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long does it take those that pump to pump/how much do u get? I pump for about 10-15 minutes and usually get 6 oz. If it's first thing in the morning or it's been a while since baby's ate I will get more. I'm trying to build up a stash to (I have a small one going) but just can't find the time to pump regularly.

what developmental milestones has baby reached? He's starting to smile and coo a lot lately which we are loving!

how long is baby sleeping at night before waking up? He usually sleeps 4 hours spurts at night, so only wakes up twice a night to feed.
jcperez likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Brock's minion
Pumping?
Brock is formula fed, 5 ounces every 3-4 hours

Milestones?
He is 8 weeks tomorrow and last week he started laughing. We thought the smiling was the greatest thing ever but when he laughs its like he's talking to us :-) he is also starting to mimic, and that makes him crack up.

Sleep?
I'm not complaining but it went from 6 hours to about 5 for the first stretch.
jcperez likes this.

Michelle
June 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!

I don't pump yet. But I'll get plenty and tons. I have always been a super-producer. Usually about 8-10 oz in 10 minutes on one side..

She is really good with her head and with tracking things across her field of vision. Although it still cracks me up when she goes crossed-eyed over something that comes too close to her face. Poor baby. She has always had great eye contact, but it's getting better, like she seeks out eyes to look at. And she is just starting to bat at objects close to her. Still that slightly uncontrolled swing, but she tries to get them and can knock them pretty well. She is smiling sometimes, more and more everyday. But not cooing or laughing quite yet (except in her dreams).

She used to be a little scheduled, but has sort of stopped that recently. She will give anywhere from 2 to 5 on a normal night, with the occasional 6 hours on a random night. But it's hit or miss when she goes down or for how long. More how I expected it to be than before, when she seemed to have a schedule.
jcperez likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pumping...same as you. About 10 minutes and I get 5-6 oz. My left always produces more! Usually 3-4 on the left and 2-3 oz from the right.

Milestones-cooing and smiling. He's such a smiley boy. I'm a little worried because he hates tummy time. We still try it but he screams right away. So I do other exercises to help develop his head strength.

Usually his sleep schedule is 8pm-1am. 1-4. 4-6, 6-7:30.
jcperez likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 09:10 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow I'm jealous of all the 4, 5 and 6 hour stretches you ladies are getting!

Yesterday I got 3 oz in about 5 minutes of pumping. Either I'm getting better at it or my boobs are! lol. I don't pump every day but just when Kody doesn't want to nurse and takes a bottle instead. I just use a manual pump so it's nice when it goes fast.

As for milestones...Kody is smiling and cooing at me. It's so fun and sweet to watch him. He does it for Daddy too. I love hearing him "talk" to me. He can also hold his head up for a few minutes at a time during tummy time. He also has rolled over from his tummy to his back a couple times!

Sleeping...Kody sometimes will sleep for a couple of 2 hour stretches at the beginning of the night, otherwise it's every hour. He is usually awake from 5:30 to 6:30 am. Then back to sleep in hour stretches after that till 8 or so.
jcperez and rheaimedved like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Last edited by EverydayJoy; June 24th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
June 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I can only stand pumping for about 10 minutes and I've only been doing it once a day or so. I usually get about 3 ounces after a feeding.

Caroline's smile lights up the room. She loves batting at the toys on the playmat and then shrieks at them. Cracks me up.

she usually goes to bed around 10 and wakes up anywhere between 2 and 3 and then again between 5 and 6.
jcperez likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It takes me 15-20 min to pump every 3 hrs, and I get 2-4oz per boob.

Developmental milestones......she smiles off and on, and coos, and holds her head up

She sleeps a 5 hr stretch at night, then another 3 hr stretch after that.
jcperez likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 24th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't pump so that one doesn't apply.

Milestones... Cadence is smiling and DH almost got a laugh out of her. She's pretty good with her head.

She usually sleeps 4-5 hours at night, sometimes 5.5.
jcperez likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Pumping: I don't pump very often anymore, and when I do, it's usually after I've already breastfed. I usually pump 10 minutes on each side and get a varying amount. I set a timer, though, so I could probably get more if I pumped longer. I rarely get more than 2 ounces total, unless I haven't breastfed first.

Milestones: She has been smiling a lot and is cooing more. She was even mimicking my facial expressions the other night! I didn't believe my husband at first because it was mostly just smiling, until I started doing some other stuff like sticking out my tongue and making other silly faces, and she copied those, too! It's only happened that one night so far, though. She can pick her head up some, but she doesn't like tummy time very much. She's also started to track items like toys with her eyes instead of just tracking my eyes.

Sleeping: She'll usually go 4 hours at first, then sometimes another 3, but a couple of times she has gone 6 for the first clump! That's usually after a night of only 2, though. It's a good thing I'm a night owl, because I can't get her to fall asleep before 2 a.m. She'll usually go down around 2 a.m., wake up around 6 a.m., then again around 9 a.m. There have been nights (like last night) that she doesn't sleep till closer to 4 a.m., though. :/
jcperez likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1) i pump 30+ oz a day (with a hand pump. shoot me.) in addition to some breastfeeding (maybe 50-50), in hugely varying amounts of time

2) he's 6 weeks and 3 days now-- he's been lifting his head for weeks, just started smiling a little in the last two days, kind of coos. we don't do tummy time either (he HATES it), but we put him on our stomachs and he's ok with that (and he can practice lifting his head and looking around), but it makes the rolling over milestone difficult to test. he turns his head to sounds and stuff but is still a little iffy when it comes to tracking things with his eyes.

3) he doesn't sleep more than about 2.5 hours at a time.
jcperez likes this.
June 26th, 2013, 06:45 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I pump for about 10 minutes and get about 10 oz each time. I have only been pumping once a day, and I've noticed my weight loss has plateaued, so I'll be doing it at least twice a day now. I have two shelves in our garage freezer full of milk.

He's 4 weeks old and smiling each day! He also started cooing a lot these past few days.

Carter sleeps in 2 4 hour stretches at night. 10-2 and 230 to 630. It's delightful!
jcperez likes this.

Nichole

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search