Swimming

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 2 Post By markswife
  • 3 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Super Mommy
What is your opinions on taking our babies this little into public swimming pools? Wyatt is only 9 weeks, but it's so hot here, I would love to take him over to our apartments swimming pool. I asked my Pedi about it and he said it was fine, but I'm still not sure about that one. What do you guys think?

June 24th, 2013, 01:30 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Hmm...I thought babies under 6 months should not go in pools bc of the chlorine and potential for germs.

Here's a link to an article online explaining:

When can my baby go in a pool? | BabyCenter
June 24th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once baby is two months old I would feel comfortable dipping him in for a bit as long as it wasnt too cold. I grew up with a pool in the backyard so I was in at a very young age. May alter my opinion on it from others?

June 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kurly, what about buying an inflatable pool and take your baby in there?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 24th, 2013, 02:50 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I joined a public pool too and I don't think I will put baby in it. IDK just my opinion. I worried about the chemicals and sun burns.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 24th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah I could do a little blow up pool- just didn't want to spend the money and effort of blowing it up and putting it down each time if I didn't have to. Also, don't really know where I would set it up in my apartment complex. Lol, in my parking space??
June 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went to Schlitterbahn when Avery was 6 weeks. She didn't spend a ton of time in the water obviously, but I did sit withher in it in her diaper and bathing suit for 5 -10 minutes a couple of times. We stayed in a corner at the edge of the water away from everyone and she liked it. Well really she slept through most of it, but she is still alive so couldn't have done too much damage.
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 08:21 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm taking Natalie and Caroline swimming tomorrow at my aunt & uncle's house. They have a salt water pool. I'm not sure if Caroline will be getting in or not. mostly because they don't make swim diapers her size and I'm worried about her leaving a funky present in the pool.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
June 24th, 2013, 08:22 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I'll take Jo in my aunts pool next week (over the 4th). It's private and salt water. But my moms is chlorine and I'll take her in this summer.

I know we all were in pools as youngin's too, so I am not super worried about it.
June 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Super Mommy
*thinks markswife and ashj_1218 are the same person...*
June 25th, 2013, 11:46 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurly View Post
*thinks markswife and ashj_1218 are the same person...*
Hilarious!! Today will be my first experience with a saltwater pool. I thought my aunt & uncle were crazy when they said they were making the switch from chlorine. It's going to be quite a surprise to Natalie I am sure. I'm thinking I should bring margaritas instead of beer for my poolside beverage. Too bad it doesn't come with waves.
June 25th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
salt water pools are AWESOME. and they don't actually taste salty, like the ocean, which is what i was expecting the first time i swam in one.
June 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Do you float easier in saltwater?
June 25th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
We are taking Koa in a salt water pool on the 4th although there's a pool party going on this saturday too (chlorine pool).

Our friends with the salt water pool have lots of shade, a little waterfall cave, and rock places to sit and drink/hang out on. the shallow end is nice too... everyone gets those plastic outdoor chairs and just sits on those too. If he can lean right, I'll put Koa in a plastic floatie thing. I did that with DD and just laid 2 towels down to block the holes in the float, and propped her up. She liked it. We won't be keeping him in longer than 5-10 minutes at a time though.

Hopefully he just sleeps through the parties.
rheaimedved likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search