2 month check up/shots

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 12:12 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's moving on up. Avery is now 9 lbs 11oz and 21 inches. She's in the 5th percentile for growth compared to other babies her age, but the doc said as far as her personal growth from where she started she's perfect. She got her first set of shots today too and did relatively well all things considered. As soon as they finished I let her do some comfort nursing and she calmed right down. Now we're good for a whole 2 months.
June 27th, 2013, 12:15 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good! She sounds like she is doing great. Maybe she's just a petite little girl! My boys are both big, but considering their daddy is a big guy, they can't help but be big boys.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 27th, 2013, 12:20 PM
they can't help but be big boys.
June 27th, 2013, 01:35 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
She sounds like she is growing perfectly! I am glad your doc is so good about recognizing that she is small on the age charts, but great on the trend charts. My doc is good about it, which is good because one of my sons is at the very top of the charts and has been since the day he was born. Heck, a few times he was "off" the charts (aka: the 99th percentile was two pounds and two inches smaller than he was!) It's all about that personal growth.

Glad you are done for two months! Our appt is on July 12th, I am not looking forward to it, I wish they let me nurse her through shots. I actually admit that I always cry when they give my babies shots. Even my 3-year-old. I just hate that it's intentional hurting, even for what I have deemed a good reason. But I am sort of a baby when it comes to my babies crying
June 27th, 2013, 04:39 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by etvizle View Post
they can't help but be big boys.
??? Confused!

Misty- glad it all went well!
jcperez likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 04:50 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
DREADING those shots! We go the 1st!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 27th, 2013, 04:54 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I believe our 2 month is July 3...eek!
June 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Definitely wasn't easy. We both had some tears going. But I know it's in her best interest.

I forgot to mention she did say she has labial adhesions so we have to put Vaseline down there after her bath every night. Said it was normal though and should fix itself.
June 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Ouch, that sounds painful, Misty!

June 27th, 2013, 08:49 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
Definitely wasn't easy. We both had some tears going. But I know it's in her best interest.

I forgot to mention she did say she has labial adhesions so we have to put Vaseline down there after her bath every night. Said it was normal though and should fix itself.
Hmmm...is that something I should be looking for? Gosh this girl thing gets harder and harder!
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 27th, 2013, 08:57 PM
It's nothing you need to look for I don't think. Her ped said they usually see it around 2 months and it's just a dry area that starts fusing together. She said the Vaseline just keeps the area moist so it can't fuse. I would guess all docs check the girls at the appt, but if they don't maybe just ask them to peek.
June 27th, 2013, 09:01 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Good call. I will. She doesn't seem to check her diaper area, even though she did with the boys (maybe making sure testicles were descended?). I'll see if she minds looking. Didn't know that existed!
June 28th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Brock's minion
We go 7/5 and I'm so nervous. Do you have Tylenol on hand just in case?

Michelle
June 28th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Yep. I gave her Tylenol when we got home per the dr's recommendation and again last night after her bath when I was putting her to sleep for the night. She is perfectly fine today so all in all it wasn't too bad.
June 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM
We're going to delay shots for now...I just can't bear to give them to a 2 month old baby, especially with how Ethan reacted to them when he was 2 months old. Nothing against you ladies who are getting them done...I'm just too scared!

June 28th, 2013, 01:16 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
glad to hear she's growing well! my daughter was only 9 lbs 9 oz at 2 months old, and she's perfectly healthy, just petite!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search