Toys for baby?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 12:18 PM
May 2013 Cohost
What toys do you have for your little one? Have you used any? I just got out some rattles the other day. I have found Lexi can track them with her eyes and move her head from left to right fairly well. I was concerned bc it seems like she favors her left side (her head always is turned that way when lying on her back). I thought she was stuck, but she can definitely move it out of that position. I also try to alternate her position in the bassinet if I see her favoring her left side. I don't want her developing any flat spots on her head. I'm paranoid bc my son had torticollis (diagnosed at 2 months) and it was a huge issue. He had to go to physical therapy for it, and we stayed in physical therapy for over 3 years bc he had low muscle tone as well. His physical therapist thought he might need a helmet. He didn't but it was a scary time.

I've had her using the playmat for the last 2 weeks as well.
June 28th, 2013, 12:45 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Remy uses his play mat on the floor and bats at the hanging toys. I took some rattles out too. He looks at it for a minute. For tummy time I have some colorful books for infants I open up and surround him with them. He gazes at all the colors. That's pretty much it for now.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 28th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The only one I've used so far is this black and white spiral plush toy that rattles, she loves looking at it. I tried the exercise mat, but no interest yet.
MichelleLynn likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Jo loves this moose that hangs from her car seat handle. She will all out talk to it! It's got colorful feet and big yellow ears. She seems to like her playmat too. She will watch the birds that spin above her (although I takes work for her to keep her head looking straight up). Mostly we just have out the little rattle type toys right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
What toys do you have for your little one? Have you used any? I just got out some rattles the other day. I have found Lexi can track them with her eyes and move her head from left to right fairly well. I was concerned bc it seems like she favors her left side (her head always is turned that way when lying on her back). I thought she was stuck, but she can definitely move it out of that position. I also try to alternate her position in the bassinet if I see her favoring her left side. I don't want her developing any flat spots on her head. I'm paranoid bc my son had torticollis (diagnosed at 2 months) and it was a huge issue. He had to go to physical therapy for it, and we stayed in physical therapy for over 3 years bc he had low muscle tone as well. His physical therapist thought he might need a helmet. He didn't but it was a scary time.

I've had her using the playmat for the last 2 weeks as well.
My cousins baby just got diagnosed and apparently will need a helmet for sure. He can't turn his head one way at all. And will be going to PT for it as well. Scary stuff! I had no idea that was a concern. Her doc said it usually starts in the womb. Jo also slightly favors her head facing one way (right), be she often turns on her own too. But it's just not something I knew about until recently. Hopefully she is just fine and just likes her left side.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
June 28th, 2013, 07:29 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!

Last edited by ashj_1218; June 28th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
June 28th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I have the Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym for Kaeldra and it comes with some removable toys. She seems to like them. She'll track the monkey around with her eyes sometimes.

June 28th, 2013, 08:02 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody sort of favors one side, too, with his head, but will also use the other side. I try to remember to lay him down so his head is facing the other way, to encourage him to use both evenly. I don't want his head to be uneven, either.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 28th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Misha shows no interest in toys yet. I'll start stocking up once we're settled out in CA and won't have to move everything cross country.
June 29th, 2013, 01:28 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At Grady's 2 month appt he had a pretty significant flat spot. Being a first time mommy I didn't know how important it was to make sure to alternate their heads. So I started freaking out!! I have since been putting him to sleep off of the flat spot and it's significantly improved. We still have an appt with the physical therapist on the 8th just to get him evaluated.

June 29th, 2013, 05:32 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan View Post
I have the Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym for Kaeldra and it comes with some removable toys. She seems to like them. She'll track the monkey around with her eyes sometimes.
I have the same one! Avery loves it. I position her so that when she kicks her legs her feet kick the elephant rattle so she gets excited.

She really enjoys looking at herself in a mirror on her swing too. She'll just lay there and smile at herself. We have some soft cloth colorful blocks that rattle and crinkle also but she hasn't had a lot of interest in those. Her favorite is her mobile on her crib though. She'll lay there for 20 minutes if I keep winding it up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search