So freakin' hot.

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LabLover13
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 05:19 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
It was in the upper 80s today and is supposed to get hotter over the weekend. I know all of you people from the South probably think I'm a total sissy...and I will admit to that! But nobody has air conditioning up here, because our weather is generally pretty mild.

I took Claire for a walk in the stroller today with some friends. On the way back to the car, she started screaming bloody murder...I just assumed it was her freaking out as usual (she's colicky and does that sometimes) so I just hurried back to the car. When I got there and got her out of her car seat (in the stroller) she was dripping sweat. I was HORRIFIED. Started the car and blasted the AC and just sat with her in the front seat for 15 minutes or so while she cooled down. I felt like the worst mother ever...it was absolutely heartbreaking.

DH is going to buy an oscillating fan right now, and we have an AC window unit for our bedroom. I'm also considering going to stay at my parents' house for a few days (they have AC, miraculously) but really don't want to leave DH (who has to work and can't come with).

Also, this heat makes it really hard to snuggle/soothe the little princess, because we both end up sweating like a ***** in church. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to some gray skies and drizzle!!
rheaimedved likes this.
June 28th, 2013, 05:39 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww your poor little girl! You didn't know though, don't feel too bad! But how can we not feel bad about stuff like that, huh? We're moms.
It's heating up here, too. We have a small window AC unit in our living area, but the bedrooms really get stuffy. It's 92 out today, and I am not going ANYwhere, even though we have AC in the car too. It's just too danged hot to be out.

On a side note, my hubby drove through Phoenix, AZ today and it was 119 degrees there! And he has to drive near Death Valley on the way home! Luckily where he stops tonight it will be in the upper 60's overnight. I hope he doesn't melt before then!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 28th, 2013, 05:48 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
119?? Holy balls, that is ridiculous. I can't even imagine. I am SUCH a pansy when it comes to heat...so it's a good thing I live where I live, because we don't have to deal with it that often. Thank jeebus.
June 28th, 2013, 06:21 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know, I can't imagine why anyone would even want to live in a place where it gets that hot in the summer on a regular basis. I'm a pansy about the heat too...I just melt! Alaska was so nice when we lived there, in Homer during the summer it only got up to 70 or 75 at the hottest...it was so lovely. Here, in August we'll get about a week of over 100 deg weather, and I just hate it. Summer is definitely NOT my favorite season! Unless it's summer in Alaska!

DH has AC in his truck, but it's not really keeping up with the heat as well as he'd like. He's still hot in his truck...but at least he's not frying like an egg on the sidewalk.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 28th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
It's really freaking hot here, too. I'm originally from Washington State, also, but a warmer part than where you are. So I'm used to the heat, but not this humidity! Uuuuugh...it seriously makes it feel like 20 degrees hotter than it is and feels like you're in a sauna. It's even hot on the rainy days. We tried taking Kaeldra to the mall yesterday, but she was way too hot by the time we got there and couldn't stay long (they seem to keep the temperature in the buildings here really warm, too). Poor baby. I know I was sweating a ton by the time we got back home, so I'm sure she was uncomfortable! We do have A/C, though. Seriously would not be able to live here without it...it gets to be about 100 degrees upstairs when it's not turned on, and it'll get hotter pretty soon.
ashj_1218 likes this.

June 28th, 2013, 07:36 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We are baking out here right now. But it's not really the heat...the humidity is killing us right now.

I lived in Florida for a year, couldn't stand how humid it was all summer and came back north. But this summer...feels like Florida. Storms every night because of the intensity of the moist atmosphere.

It was 95 here today...not sure about the "feel real" temp. Prolly over 100. We just keep our AC on constantly and don't stay outside in the middle of the day. I take the boys to the park or whatever in the morning. Or we go swimming at moms house! Lol.
June 28th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
We hit 107 today (southern California) But as a result- Wyatt loves the pool!!
June 28th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Swimming sounds soooo nice.

June 28th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I swaddled Misha ONCE after we got home from the hospital and when he woke up hours later he was so hot and sweaty and I felt sick to my stomach. I haven't swaddled since.

It's been in the low hundreds the last couple of days here and I hate it-- mostly not being able to do anything outdoors during the day. I was spoiled by perfect weather in San Diego for the first 23 years of my life.
June 29th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We love hot weather here but that's because I live in the uk and we hardly ever get it not sure I could handle 90 all the time but x

June 29th, 2013, 05:25 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah it'll stay mostly 90's here until the end of August when it'll start going down to the 80's for a little while. I didn't think apparently when I got Avery's car seat. The padding in it is black. The first time she ever cried in it I was lost because she normally loves car rides. When we got to where we were going and I took her out it she was saturated with sweat. I felt horrible. I have a ton of cute clothes I'm always wanting to dress her up in but I usually just end up letting her sport a onesie to be comfortable. If I do dress her for church or something I always bring clothes to change her as soon as it's over. It's too hot and miserable to stay dressed like that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search