Sleep regression

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2013, 06:50 AM
May 2013 Cohost
We had a good run recently of sleeping from 9 pm - 4 am. I want to say it was at least 4-5 days. I guess I got spoiled and thought we were out of the woods. Now we're back to waking 3 times a night to feed?? Man that's frustrating! Last night she fed right before bed around 8:30 pm, 12:15 am, 4 am, then 6:30 am.

Anyone else experience a sleep regression?
July 14th, 2013, 06:53 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Yep! We had 4 days of her sleeping 10 to 5...now we're back to her waking at least twice (we still get the initial block of 4 to 5 hours, then she's up in 2 or 3 again).

Man, it was nice while it lasted!
July 14th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
12 week growth spurt?
July 14th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm....I'm still waiting to see "sleep progression" here. She has never stopped waking twice a night to feed, and then staying up (or trying to) after each feed for up to 2 hrs. I think we had 2 nights in a row a week and a half ago that she actually went right back to sleep after eating....but now she's back to wanting to stay up and play in the middle of the night. VERY FRUSTRATING almost 8 weeks in.
rheaimedved likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
July 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM
May 2013 Cohost
We're 10 weeks in. Is there a growth spurt around this time?
July 14th, 2013, 11:19 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No regression here because we haven't really made any progression. Haha. Although he has been fussier in the early morning hours and harder to get back to sleep from around 4-5am on. We've been getting up around 6am lately.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i've with the ladies who never saw any progress to begin with. with had one night recently where he slept 3.5 hours, but it was countered by waking up every hour last night. good job, baby.
EverydayJoy, kary4 and LabLover13 like this.
July 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM
AndieP's Avatar Regular
It could be sleep regression. Your baby might be slowly transitioning from long periods of deep sleep, to alternating periods of light and deep sleep. This change can cause her to wake up during a light sleep period.

However, there are various factors which can affect a baby's sleep and getting these right can really help. One of the main ones is the number of feeds per day. If you feed a baby too often in the first few weeks, she can develop a habit, which can affect her sleeping pattern for many weeks afterwards.
July 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still have bad nights waking every hour or two every once in a while, but for the most part Avery sleeps from about 730-10, eats then sleeps about 1030-4, eats again then sleeps from 430-730. It could be better, but I'm pretty happy with it.
July 14th, 2013, 06:22 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I don't believe you can feed a baby too often in the first few weeks - you are supposed to feed on demand.

Misty - that was similar to my son's schedule when he was little. I can't get Lexi down before 9 pm, though. So frustrating. Part of it may be that she takes an hour nap from 6-7 pm usually. I bet if I kept her up and stimulated her, she would be tired come 7:30 pm. But, I like that she naps then so we can have family dinner during that time.
EverydayJoy likes this.
July 15th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Misty - I'm envious of that schedule! I WISH Lilah was on that schedule!
EverydayJoy and misty3281 like this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
July 15th, 2013, 05:14 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
I don't believe you can feed a baby too often in the first few weeks - you are supposed to feed on demand.

Misty - that was similar to my son's schedule when he was little. I can't get Lexi down before 9 pm, though. So frustrating. Part of it may be that she takes an hour nap from 6-7 pm usually. I bet if I kept her up and stimulated her, she would be tired come 7:30 pm. But, I like that she naps then so we can have family dinner during that time.
Yeah she started trying to go to sleep at 6ish this past week, so I just started bathing her around 630. She stays in the bath a good 30 minutes each time playing. Then she gets lotioned all over and night clothes and nurses to sleep. We started that routine early on purpose. Now, it doesn't matter if she ate before bathing, she insists on eating and sleeping after it. I love it. As far as dinner, she usually just sits at the table with us. I'll sit her on my leg facing the table and she just watches everyone eating. It's pretty funny.
July 15th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I agree that you can't feed a baby too often when they're little. I could never see delaying a newborn's feeding just so Mom could try to get more sleep at night. That's not good parenting. If they're hungry, feed them!
NewlyMrs and kary4 like this.

July 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grady had a regression a couple weeks ago. He was giving me 5 hours for his first stretch and went back down to three for a while. The past 3 nights he has gone 6 hours 8pm-2am. I hope he keeps it going!!! After that he's up at 4 and 7am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
I agree that you can't feed a baby too often when they're little. I could never see delaying a newborn's feeding just so Mom could try to get more sleep at night. That's not good parenting. If they're hungry, feed them!
Also, I believe the more they fuel up during the day the less they'll need at night.
EverydayJoy likes this.

July 15th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've had regression here, too. I got super spoiled with a few nights of 8+ hours and last night we were back to 4! But I'm not complaining, lest I be hit with a tomato.
EverydayJoy likes this.
July 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyMrs View Post
Also, I believe the more they fuel up during the day the less they'll need at night.
Yup that seems to hold true for Kody too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 boys View Post
We've had regression here, too. I got super spoiled with a few nights of 8+ hours and last night we were back to 4! But I'm not complaining, lest I be hit with a tomato.
Darn, and here I had my tomato all ready to throw!
4 boys likes this.

July 15th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Veteran
I thought I was winning with the sleep! He was sleeping until 12 am and then 4 am and then sleeping again a bit longer. BUT now he is back to feeding every 3 hours day and night and sometimes not even lasting that long. Its like having a newborn again... at 9 weeks old! Shouldn't this get easier soon?????
July 16th, 2013, 06:01 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Ok, last night she slept straight from 10:30-5:30! I feel like a new woman!
EverydayJoy likes this.
July 16th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post

Darn, and here I had my tomato all ready to throw!
With all you've gone through with Kody already, I would let you throw one. You're entitled!
July 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Haha thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search