Taking Pictures

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 2 Post By markswife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 07:10 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you with photographing your baby? What do you do with the pictures you take?

DH and I go a little nuts with the camera. There's probably quite a few thousand pictures of Anna by now I don't have one of those fancy phones so we keep a small camera in her diaper bag at all times and have our nice Nikon handy for when we are home. I am also doing one of those 365 projects for her where I take a picture everyday. I plan to put all the pictures in a photobook when the year is up. So far, I haven't missed a day but some days it is hard to keep the pictures fresh.
July 16th, 2013, 10:31 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I take tons of pictures of the kids. An obscene amount. Lol. I pull out my camera about every other day. I just photograph everyday stuff. Expressions I don't want to forget. It gets easier when they get more interactive and active. You can only take so many sleeping pictures or pictures of them in their bouncy seat
July 16th, 2013, 10:52 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah, I find I'm not photographing Lexi as much as I did my first. I just think the pics now are boring - how many can I get of her in a bouncy seat, in the Pack n' Play, or on the playmat? Then I feel guilty bc time is flying by and I'll realize I haven't photographed her in a week!
rheaimedved likes this.
July 16th, 2013, 01:27 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same. I download the pictures and it's like Caroline sleeping on the couch, Caroline sleeping in the bouncy seat, Natalie squeezing Caroline, Caroline sleeping on the play mat. I have been enjoying snapping a bunch of pictures in a row when she's smiling and playing and have captured some great faces. It's much easier when they do something other than sleep.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
July 16th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i try to get at least a handful every week. usually if the camera is out it's easy-- but i agree about it being easy to get bored by sleeping pictures (as adorable as he is doing it). my mom helps by requesting new photos regularly. she keeps asking for pictures of all of us together, or at least of me, but the last thing i want is photos of myself 25 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight!
July 16th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I'm pretty good at taking a lot of pictures so my family and friends back home can see her. My mom is always asking me how she can get my pictures from Facebook onto her computer (how many times must I explain to her how to right-click and save? Lol). I recently downloaded Dropbox to make it easier to share pictures with her...now I just have to wait for her to figure out how to finish downloading/installing it, hehe.

July 16th, 2013, 10:21 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I still look pregnant in all my pictures. I'm not happy about that! My weight loss has totally stagnated. My belly looks awful in photos!
July 16th, 2013, 10:51 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kary, I feel for you! I totally have a major spare tire and back fat going on. It's annoying, but I am ok with it for now, since it's still early yet. But if I still look like this at 5 or 6 months...I'm gonna be pretty PO'ed!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 16th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Veteran
LOL! This really made me laugh, my photos are exactly the same... photos of him sleeping in various place throughout the house. Even the ones of him smiling are a bit monotonous... there is a limit to how many different photos you can take of the same expression. Hopefully it will get easier when he does some different stuff.
July 18th, 2013, 07:22 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to do things like take pictures from different angles and sometimes I even use "props" to help keep the pictures fresh. It's hard though. I also have an online private photo account so that my family can see the pictures. On the positive side, I think that my photo taking skills are improving with all of this practice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search