AWAKE...very very awake.

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sapphera

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else's LO way more awake lately? Some of you may remember I posted a while ago how Lilah slept ALL the time during the day. The last couple of days, she's up A LOT. Today, she has only had 2 30 min naps....and it's 3:15pm!!! INSANE for her. She's not even acting tired. I have no clue if this means she might actually sleep well tonight, or what. Last night she was up twice to eat - 1am and 4am, and before bed she drank something like 6.5 ounces which she has NEVER done before....I think she may be having a growth spurt. Anyway, she's just awake constantly during the day now!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
July 16th, 2013, 01:34 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope it translates into lots of sleep tonight but it never seems to work that way for Caroline. She's wide awake right now too which is fun to see. I hate that she is getting to be fun and awake and wanting to interact now that it's time for me to go back to work. Bummer!
July 16th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is such a fun fun stage!! They start smiling and cooing. Enjoy it!

July 16th, 2013, 02:11 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here! The past couple days he's only given me a couple 30-45 minute naps. Crazy. His smiling and cooing is so cute. I love it! I do however look forward to a consistent nap schedule.

July 16th, 2013, 06:21 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Jo is a really wakeful baby, but sorts has always been that way. She is always happy and content...just wide awake. I do love her talking and cooing that she does now. It's great fun. I could do with a bit more napping though! Lol.
July 16th, 2013, 10:54 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you're getting some good sleep tonight, Erin!
So far Kody is still sleeping a lot during the day. An hour awake, an hour asleep, and repeat, for most of the day. It's nice because he likes a lot of attention when he is awake, and doesn't like to be left alone for more than like 10 minutes, so I'm glad he sleeps a lot so I can get a few things done (and try to nap, myself if I can).

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 17th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, no sleep for us tonight. She was SO TIRED that she fell asleep around 7pm instead of her usual 9:30pm. NO crying tonight though, which was great. Anyway, she was up at 12:30 for a bottle, then didn't want to go back to sleep. Eventually she did, maybe an hour later, and was up again at 4am and is now NOT going back to sleep at all....I think we're probably up for the day. She's such a bad sleeper at night. So frustrating and exhausting!

July 17th, 2013, 07:57 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Last night was a rough one for us, too. Claire was pretty fussy from about 7:30 on...I tried to put her down around 10, but she woke up and started crying. So back downstairs we went to bounce on the yoga ball! Got her back to sleep around 11:30, and then she was up to feed at 3, and then up for the day at 6:45.

Mama will definitely be taking a nap today! Can't wait until I'm fully weaned from pumping so I can sleep during her long morning nap.
July 17th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^ Are you weaning off it now? I'd LOVE to. I hate every second of it. I think I'll try to go to 12 weeks though, and see from there. I haaaaaaaaate it.

July 17th, 2013, 04:54 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin80 View Post
^ Are you weaning off it now? I'd LOVE to. I hate every second of it. I think I'll try to go to 12 weeks though, and see from there. I haaaaaaaaate it.
Yes. I'm down to 2 pumps per day. Honestly, I'm super torn about it, and am really struggling with the decision...but at the same time, am feeling a sense of freedom about it. If there was any way I could empty my breasts in 15-20 minutes, I'd definitely continue to do it for as long as possible. But it takes me 45-60 minutes EVERY time (I have pretty much no let-down, and nothing helped--I tried heat, LOTS of massage, hot showers, you name it) and I just can't continue to pump that long at work. I have enough frozen to get through another few weeks, and I'm still producing about 15 ounces in the 2 pumps I'm doing...so she'll get to at least 2 months of breast milk, which I feel good about.

I TOTALLY feel your pain. It's a crapton of work!
July 17th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh holy crap - if it took me that long to pump, I'd be stopping too! It takes me 15-20 min every 3 hrs, or 20-25 min every 4 hrs to empty. Even with that though, I want to stop.....but I can't bring myself to do it. I have over supply, I'm making close to 50 ounces per day, so I can afford to definitely drop some pumps after 12 weeks...maybe that will make it better for me, I don't know. 12 weeks is my goal, and I'll go from there.

It is SUPER super super hard, you've done great! Don't feel torn about it, you're making the right decision for you and Claire!

July 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I'm so amazed by you ladies making it so long with pumping!! I quit after a few weeks because I was not in an emotional good place. To the point where everyone was thinking I had PPD.. when really it was just the fact that ALL I DID was pump and feed Kaia, try to bf and get frustrated, and hours long lactation appointments.

In the end, I felt awful, but had to make the decision to quit.. and it was the best thing I could have done. Suddenly, I felt LOVE for K instead of frustration and we were finally able to get that bond that everyone talks about... It made me feel a total failure, but at the same time, it was needed.
LabLover13 likes this.
WTTC #2
July 18th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YES. Pumping is hard. Not just time consuming, but hard emotionally too. I am just trying to make it to 12 weeks, although I really want to quit right this second. I suddenly have a sore on my left nipple that doesn't seem to want to heal, and bleeds if ANYTHING touches it. It's super annoying and I'm paranoid I'm going to get mastitis, so I put polysporin on it after every time I pump. I'm so sick of getting up to pump in the night. I haaaate hate pumping, but I do like that she's still getting my milk for now. I'm working hard on a good freezer stash, which is the reason I'm pumping 7 times a day, so that when I do quit, at least she'll still have breast milk a few times a day for a while. I plan to do a few formula bottles, and a few breast milk bottles.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search