Back to Work

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 1 Post By markswife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is it possible that Caroline will be 12 weeks old on Friday? Why is it that 12 weeks of pregnancy feels like three years but 12 weeks of maternity leave felt like three days.

I am not ready to go back to work. It was overwhelming when I left and the volume has only increased and there are fewer people to do the work right now. I've been trying to wake up earlier so it's not such a shock on Friday and have failed both days. I'm glad it's just one day of work before the weekend but I don't want it to come.

On the flip side, I am bored being home and I've run out of projects that I feel like working on. I crave adult conversation and a little bit of the interesting drama that my job brings with it. I'm just not bored enough to be looking forward to going back.
rheaimedved likes this.
July 16th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad I'm not back till feb I would dread going back the now but I hate my job it sucks that u have to go back so early I'm not even sure I will be going back x

July 16th, 2013, 06:19 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Blah. Sorry it's up so quick. I have a good friend who goes back on Monday. Must be so hard!
July 16th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im headed back the first week of August and already dreading it. I hope it goes well hun!

July 16th, 2013, 10:56 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you have to go back. Good idea to just work one day this week, though. I hope it goes ok for you! Will Caroline be in daycare or do you have someone who will watch her at home?
I totally hear you about the pregnancy days dragging but newborn days going by fast! Seems like Kody has grown up fast too!
I wish all mommies who wanted to stay home with their babies, could, but I know that's not always possible.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 17th, 2013, 07:44 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caroline will go to the same day care Natalie is at. It was so hard leaving Natalie there the first day because they were strangers to me. Now I know all the staff and Natalie loves it there so I know that Caroline will be well cared for.
EverydayJoy likes this.
July 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope it goes well for you and Caroline! I stay at home, but many days lately I wish I worked - kind of overwhelming here with 3 kids.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
July 18th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cannot imagine going back to work right this soon... Hope everything goes well!!

This reminds me, though, that I need to start looking into daycares and dayhomes for when I go back, since most of them have a months-long wait list.
WTTC #2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search