Think it's getting......better?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Erin80
  • 2 Post By LabLover13
  • 2 Post By realmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The colic that is. Last night we had no crying at all. After bath she was tired, so we plunked her in the swing and let her get into a deep sleep, at which point we moved her up to her bassinet - success! She slept from 7pm - 12:30am. Tonight after her bath, she did start her scream fest, but it was short lived. She screamed while DH had her and I put the other two girls to bed. He gave her an extra 2oz of breast milk (we're growth spurting here right now....), she downed it and kept screaming. I took her and rocked her for a bit, and she calmed down and fell asleep on me. I held her until she was in a deeeeeeep sleep, then I laid her in her bassinet. She kept sleeping! That was about an hour ago, and I can hear her stirring now, so DH is going up to stick the soother in her mouth. I hope she just goes back to sleep and doesn't wake right up! We haven't had a 3 hr cry fest in a while now though!
markswife and rheaimedved like this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
July 17th, 2013, 08:25 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
That's awesome!! We're getting better over here, too. She definitely still has her witching hours, but they're down to about an hour or so (some nights, 2 hours, but that's rare). I see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Seriously, nobody warned me about colic before I got knocked up. It is HARD.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
July 17th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great news!!! Misha doesn't cry much, but there have been a handful of fits lasting about 45 minutes and it's beyond words how difficult that is to deal with. I really feel for mamas with colicky babies.
July 17th, 2013, 09:40 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow I'm so glad for both of you that your babies are settling down some. Kody is easy to settle these days, but Ethan was an awful baby when he was under a year old. So I can relate!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 18th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Veteran
So glad it's getting easier. We haven't had issues with colic, just a lot of night waking. Last night he slept from 6 30 until 12 30 and then until 4 30 and then until 8 this morning. Feel amazing today after getting all those extended hours of sleep at once! DH has stopped bothering to set alarm for work in the morning because we are always awake so totally overslept this morning. He is supposed to leave by 7 and I woke at 7 30 to find him fast asleep next to me. Needless to say there was a massive rush in our hour this morning.... Absolutely worth it though!
Erin80 and EverydayJoy like this.
July 18th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Ugh, I totally jinxed it. Last night was ROUGH. Claire didn't fall asleep until 11, after fussing for a couple hours (not inconsolable screaming, luckily...just fussing). Then she spit up and woke herself up at 11:30. I was SO tired because I'd just fallen asleep, and snapped at DH (I feel really bad about that) so he got up and tried to feed her. She SCREAMED bloody murder. I think she must have been overtired.

DH took her downstairs and somehow got her to sleep (I was asleep, so I'm not sure how long it took). She woke up this morning at 5.

Another growth spurt? Wonder week? She's crying right now....whereas normally she's pretty happy-go-lucky during the day. DH has her and is walking around the house trying to keep her satisfied. I feel so bad for my baby!
July 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no that sucks! I'm sorry she was so awful last night. You gotta figure they're exhausted. I wonder what's up??

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 18th, 2013, 01:41 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you have my sympathy. It's hard enough without a fussy baby. I can't even imagine trying to parent one. Hang in there. easier days will come eventually.
July 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I'm glad to hear that things are getting better!!

They are here too.. Kaia is super gassy and her fussy time is after dinner until bedtime...which used to be midnight.. now she goes down around 9 - 9:30 usually and while she's still fussy, it's not the 3+ hours of screaming.

Of course, we started putting gripe water in every bottle she has after noon..so I'm not sure how much of it is that, and how much of it is the maturation..since I know gas stops bugging them so much right around now...
NTNP #2
July 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What is a wonder week???

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
July 18th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin80 View Post
What is a wonder week???
Wonder Weeks Week by Week | Who's That Mom?

Basically, it's when they make large developmental changes. Preceding the changes, they are super fussy-pants and then the "sun comes out" after they're through the stage.

The 2nd one starts at 7 and a half weeks...we're pretty much there, so I'm wondering if that's what we're going through right now. She has cried A LOT today, and I haven't really been able to put her down. She slept for 2 hours on my shoulder this morning. My heart breaks for her, not knowing how to make it all better .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search