Confessions from a "bad" mom!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Ok, I'm sure other people can chime in on things that have happened to them.

Apparently, my thing is falling while holding Kaia.

Within the first 2 weeks of having her home, I fell up the stairs, but was able to react and cradle her head so she didn't hit the ground..just shocked her.

Then last friday we were watching the fireworks and I stepped into a pothole and down we went.. this time her head hit the asphalt...no harm done though - she's fine, not even a scratch where I am STILL sore from the fall and my skinned knees are still healing..

So yeah.. my arms are supposed to be a safe place for my little girl..instead, it's the exact opposite...
NTNP #2
July 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I fear this every time I walk down the stairs with Caroline. I can't believe I haven't fallen yet.

I'm so glad that Kaia is okay even if you are suffering the ill effects. I'm sure you were so focused on protecting her that you didn't think about protecting yourself.
July 18th, 2013, 04:36 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have tile floors and I'm ALWAYS terrified I'm going to trip over dogs or my own feet and drop her. I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure it's inevitable.
July 18th, 2013, 06:15 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I fell on the stairs once while holding Ethan when he was a baby. It jarred him, but it didn't hurt him. He cried though because it scared him. I was so worried I'd hurt him but relieved he was ok.
I'm glad Kaia is ok too! I'm sorry you've taken a couple of tumbles though!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 18th, 2013, 06:30 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Oh my gosh you poor thing! How freaking scary. I have all of these fears that I'm going to drop Claire, or clunk her head on the doorframe while I'm walking through it, or drop my phone on her head...luckily, none of those things have happened yet, but I'm guessing at least one of them will at some point!
July 18th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I *almost* hit Lilah's head off a doorframe when walking outside yesterday. I somehow lost my balance and went a bit too far to the right and JUST missed hitting her head. Close one!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
July 18th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I`m surprised I haven`t hit her head on a door frame yet...Maybe that`s next! LOL
NTNP #2
July 18th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
My husband was watching Kaeldra while I was in the shower once, and had set her in her Moses basket on the bed. Apparently she started flailing around and crying, causing her basket to fall off the bed! Thank goodness the bed is very low to the ground, so there wasn't much room to fall. I think it just kind of slowly slid off. I walked into the room and my husband was holding her with a panicked look on his face and told me what had happened. He said she was still in the basket, and her blanket had gone over her face with her legs sticking up and flailing on the other side! Poor baby! She was fine, though. I have also bumped her head very lightly on the door. She didn't cry or anything, but I felt horrible!
rheaimedved likes this.

July 18th, 2013, 09:23 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Sometimes, carrying babies just throws our balance off!

Last week Kieran was sitting in a bar stool and stood up, he started tipping over so I reached forward to grab the back of his shirt and knocked Jos head on the counter She was fine, thankfully it wasn't a fast-moving or hard clunk. But I felt really bad I was trying to rescue one child and injured another!

It happens to the best of us.
July 18th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i think about falling while holding him all the time! especially when we go for walks where the terrain is a little rough and he's in his baby bjorn.

misha sometimes smacks his head on our collarbones. usually it doesn't phase him but sometimes he cries, which is kind of sad. the other day, my dad moved his car seat into the other car and in a different place than we'd had it before, and i made a u-turn and looked back and saw the car seat was tipped over!!!! i thought, hmmm, that can't be right. i immediately fixed it and now it doesn't budge. he didn't even seem to notice, but it surprised me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search