No daytime sleep!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Veteran
I am going mad with the lack of daytime sleep happening. I don't mind him being awake at all but because he isn't sleeping enough he is grumpy most of the time and i spend all day just trying to pacify him till it is time for him to go to bed. He sleeps pretty well and consistently at night but will not sleep for longer than half an hour at a time during the day. This is just long enough for him to not be tired anymore but not long enough for him really be refreshed so within half an hour he is a wreck and so overtired that I cannot get him back to sleep. It is driving me mad! I have tried the swing,the vibrating chair, his crib everything but nothing works! Any advice?
July 20th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Veteran
I wish I had advice for you... what I can tell you is my little man was doing th same thing and he broke himself from that. He still does not always sleep a lot during the day but by the afternoon I usually get a good nap in. I wish I knew what did it for him . Good luck...I kno how frustrating it is.
July 20th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Same thing happening here...yesterday I was exhausted because she woke me up at 6 a.m. after having gone to sleep at 2 a.m., and she was awake for the rest of the day besides a half-hour nap, then didn't go to sleep for the night until 3 a.m. Sometimes she'll fall asleep after nursing, but if I try to move her, she wakes right up. She used to fall back to sleep after her first feeding, but lately she has just been staying up. I'm worried she's not getting enough sleep!

July 20th, 2013, 08:52 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What motherhood has taught me so far is that everything is a stage. Grady did this a few days last week and I thought I was going to go crazy. After a few days he went back to giving me a couple good naps. I don't think they can maintain running on that little sleep.
rheaimedved likes this.

July 20th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't have this particular problem (don't worry, we have others!) so take this with a grain of salt, but Misha typically falls asleep for awhile after eating, and he'll pretty much only eat in the side lying position, so either he nurses or my husband gives him a bottle (whilst holding his hand) in our bed and when he falls asleep we just run like hell. I wouldn't leave him alone on a regular bed if he could roll back to tummy, but he can't for now, so this works. Sometimes when he starts to wake up we can just give him a pacifier until he falls back to sleep, but he sleeps like this most of the day.

I hope you find something that works!
July 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When my DS#1 was 4 months old, his pedi recommended 2 oz of chamomile tea in his bottle at bedtime. I wonder if that would work for yours for naptime? You could always check with his pedi to see if it would be ok.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 24th, 2013, 05:54 AM
AndieP's Avatar Regular
This is probably a phase which will pass in time. How often does he take naps during the day? Some babies need shorter, more frequent naps, where as others can be completely different. The norm is around 4-5 a day

If he's sleeping well at night that's great.
July 24th, 2013, 10:23 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi catnaps too. I don't expect her naps to be longer until she's a little older. Sometimes it's 30 min, other times it's 45 min. When she wakes up from them, she's hungry. I feed her, change her, and she's back down for another catnap about an hour after she wakes. I think that's normal.
July 24th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Kari, Kody does that too. He refuses to eat before he goes down for his little naps, but wants to eat when he wakes up. He's a goof sometimes. He will scream bloody murder if I try to feed him prior to!

July 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Sometimes I have to feed her a little right before a nap to help settle her...so I feel like I'm nonstop feeding! I also think if I feed her a little right before she naps, maybe she'll sleep longer...never works!
realmom likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Phooey! The best laid plans of mice and moms...haha.
realmom likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search