Body Check-In

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree39Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2013, 09:16 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
How's everybody feeling? How's the weightloss going? I gained 50 lbs this time and have lost 35, but I was 5 over my normal weight when I got pregnant because of leftover weight gain from a miscarriage, so I still need to lose 20 lbs. I'm trying to be outwardly upbeat about it all, considering it's only been 2 months, but deep down I feel discouraged that I still have so much to lose and am far from looking the way I did pre-preg. Also, I dread going back to work in September because I don't know what I'll wear. I doubt my clothes will fit by then! I'm working out 4days a week and watching what I eat, so I guess I just need to be patient.

And just to compare...who still has floppy, post-baby belly besides me? I can't believe these lucky women who are back to their regular size and weight (or less) just weeks after giving birth! Here in LA it seems to be the standard. Am I missing something???
rheaimedved likes this.

July 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM
Lola,

It sounds like your weight loss is going GREAT! Congratulations! It's so hard to be patient with these things. But, really, 35 lbs. in 2 months is excellent.

I know what you mean about going back to work, and about problem areas. :-p I would recommend, if you're able and if it's a priority for you, finding a trainer who can help you target your abs and who can accommodate your schedule as a new mom. For example, a friend (9 weeks post-baby) was telling me about her new "online" health coach / personal trainer, who gives her daily at-home, body-weight exercises and tailors the workouts to help her tighten up her core. He also gives daily nutritional tips, so that she can put those into practice in conjunction with the workouts. It sounds pretty great -- she doesn't have to go to a gym, doesn't need any equipment, and the workouts are usually only 30 minutes (but she says they definitely get her sore, and she's seeing results). Plus, it's only $50 / month, because the trainer doesn't actually meet up with her for the workouts; he just writes the plans. I wish I'd known about that before!

Anyway, I think her health coach is in your area? It's called "Farmer Gym." Or, maybe you already know another good fitness professional. Either way, I strongly recommend an actual trainer and not just trying to do crunches on your own or do something you see in a magazine.

Good luck!

~ D
LolaBadola likes this.
July 21st, 2013, 10:05 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have a floppy post-baby belly too! It's a bit disturbing but eh, whatever. I just hope it goes away eventually!
I am 156 lbs right now, and hope to eventually get down to 135. I'm starting a calorie counting diet by using an internet website that helps you keep track. My hubby is doing it too (was his idea actually) because he wants to drop some weight as well. So far I've been consistently eating 300-400 calories more a day than my goal. But I am going to keep at it. I have a pretty good allotment of calories per day too, 2300, so I'm not starving myself.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 22nd, 2013, 12:07 AM
Veteran
When I got pregnant I was 123 pounds and when he was born I was 164..I lost 23 pounds and would be happy with another 5. My belly is still a little jiggly but my mother-in-law had me wear stuff like the belly bandit and it works. Put it on every single day and youe belly goes back ro normal pretty quickly! It is th last of the jiggle that is hard as bananas to get off.
LolaBadola likes this.
July 22nd, 2013, 12:32 AM
Veteran
I am almost at my prepregnancy weight, and think anything that I am over now is just in my chest area . My tummy is still super flabby though. Absolutely hate it, it is flat but SO soft that when I sit down my pants go into it and makes it look like I have so many rolls. Really wish I could work out to tone it up again but no chance when DH works all day and I have no one else to look after the LO.
LolaBadola and rheaimedved like this.
July 22nd, 2013, 03:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still have a floppy belly but I'm not that bothered I prob should be but it's the summer holidays here so I've no chance getting to a gym maybe after the schools go back x
LolaBadola likes this.

July 22nd, 2013, 04:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My belly hasn't tightened up yet, but I didn't expect it to. It bounced right back after my first baby, took a while longer the second time, so I figure it might take a while again this time. I'm naturally thin, so I'm not worried about it. I have 15 lbs left to lose, and I'm not working at it at all.......honestly, I don't have the time or desire to work on weight loss at the moment. I think if I started watching portion sizes, and started eating a bit healthier, it would fall off because of the pumping I'm doing. Not sure when I'll start working on those last 15 lbs, but again I'm not worried, I lose weight easily if I want to, and I have a hard time gaining it back.
LolaBadola and ashj_1218 like this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
July 22nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am trying not to be concerned. I know it will come off if I put some effort into it. But I don't! Lol. I need to lose about 15lbs to get to my "normal" and another 5 if I want to be at pre-preggo (I lost about 10lbs right before I got pregnant). I still have a bit of a belly, but it's not so much jiggly, just a bit larger than I desire. If someone didn't know I had a baby they wouldn't think the weight was excess baby weight, just excess weight overall! I figure I'll buckle down around 6 months if I don't have it off by then. I hate trying to lose weight. It's not hard for me, just annoying.
July 22nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have lost around 25lbs, but have plateaued and have another 10-15 to get to pre pregnancy, but I'd really like to get down 20+ lbs to feel good about myself.

I decided while pregnant that I would allow myself until August to just focus 100% on being a mom and not at all on myself. I'm happy with that decision, but now it's getting close to time to get rid of that tummy flab!

July 22nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
Veteran
Am I the only one who's not losing? I lost 25 lbs when baby turned a month old. Now he's two months old and I have not lost ANYTHING... Even though I have been on a dairy free and low carbs diet for three weeks now. Actually I think I have been gaining and losing the same two or three lbs. For weeks now, one week i lose them, next week i gain them. But I still have a LOT to get back to my pre pregnancy weight

Very frustrating and depressing. I'm still wearing my pregnancy clothes..
July 22nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't lost crap! So disgusted with myself. DH keeps trying to compliment me cuz I've been pretty hard on myself lately, but I just see this disgusting blob in the mirror. I hate it. Even watching calories and eating healthy isn't doing it. Hopefully when I'm done BF'ing I can lose with a stricter diet and more exercise.
LolaBadola and SunnyBunnyMama like this.
July 22nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I'm back to pre-preg weight and my stomach flab has gotten better. Hoping breastfeeding helps me lose another 10 lbs. I think I'm delusional though haha.
LolaBadola likes this.

July 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm upset, but have myself to blame. I still look pregnant - my gut is embarassing. My diet is poor and I still have at least 10 lbs to go. I bounced back with my first, but not so with this one. We don't get out for walks much bc of the searing heat. I'm hoping that fall will be the time when I can really start doing some power walking with the stroller outside. I haven't gone to the pool this summer at all bc I don't have a proper bathing suit. All of mine are bikinis and there is no way I could wear them now. My stomach is loose and disgusting looking. I feel like I need a maternity suit. Ugh.
LolaBadola likes this.
July 22nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've lost about 33 lbs total, but have been stuck at that for about a month. My total gain was 60 lbs (130 lbs pre-pregnancy) so, on one hand, I'm over half-way done! But on the other, I really seem to have plateaued. As frustrating as I find it, I try to focus on the positive: I'm tall so the weight is spread out well and isn't obvious; I don't need to lose the entire 27 lbs to be happy, since I was very thin before pregnancy; my stomach and waist are the worst areas for me, personally, so while that's depressing, i'm happy that my arms, legs, and hips (and boobs! hah!) are doing ok.

Tummy is definitely not where I'd like it to be-- fairly flat when standing but still so soft and squishy when I sit. Plus, the stretch marks. Sigh.

But as much as I complain, I'm not super proactive in getting the weight off, so I'm really not too concerned about it yet. I have a good diet and get some exercise in, and once we move and get a little settled I can get back into a routine.
LolaBadola and SunnyBunnyMama like this.
July 23rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have about 16 lbs left until ill be back to my pre pregnancy weight. I seem to have plateued on the weightloss lately. Weve been trying to completely revamp our dinners and how we eat and im doing light exercises. Altho I have lost the initial 35 lbs, I still thought breastfeeding would help get this extra weight off a little more.

July 23rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 165 when I delivered and am now only 150. I hope to get down to 140, that's a good weight for me. I have thyroid disease, so getting that stable after delivery helps. I just went for blood work yesterday. BF doesn't seem to be helping me lose anything. I have a little tummy flab, but after 10 babes I'm happy with how I am. Our bodies do amazing thinks, and I try and be patient with myself. We eat good, exercise, so it'll go back down, just takes time. I'm in my skirts I was wearing when I got pg, so that's good.

But with 10 babies in 13 years, most of my waistbands can give a little

Good luck ladies!

July 23rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
I have about 16 lbs left until ill be back to my pre pregnancy weight. I seem to have plateued on the weightloss lately. Weve been trying to completely revamp our dinners and how we eat and im doing light exercises. Altho I have lost the initial 35 lbs, I still thought breastfeeding would help get this extra weight off a little more.
I know, I thought the same thing, too, about BFing, so I did a little research and it sounds like after 3 or 4 months of doing it is really when women start to see weight loss from it, although I've also heard you may hang on to that last 5 or 10 lbs until you stop since your body needs the maternal reserves. So who knows! As far as plateauing, I have been doing the same thing. It seems like I lose a bunch of weight all in one week, then nothing for 2 or 3 weeks, and then I lose a little more. So weird. Keep at it. I'm sure within the next few months, the weight will be gone. It's just so hard waiting for it to happen!

July 24th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I was 118 lbs. pre-pregnancy and about 151 when I delivered. I'm about 123 lbs. now, so only have 5 to go, but that's all just from breastfeeding, so my body doesn't look toned at all (not to mention all the stretch marks T_T). I can technically fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans, but I look and feel pretty squished in them, so I've still been wearing the maternity ones, even though they're baggy and fall down lol. Good thing I rarely go anywhere, so I mainly sit around in PJs, ha! I'd really like to start exercising soon.

July 24th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBadola View Post

I know, I thought the same thing, too, about BFing, so I did a little research and it sounds like after 3 or 4 months of doing it is really when women start to see weight loss from it, although I've also heard you may hang on to that last 5 or 10 lbs until you stop since your body needs the maternal reserves. So who knows!
I recently read that too. The article said that moms see the weightloss benefors from BF peaks at 3-6 months. I really hope thats true, Lord knows im ready!!

July 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lola- that's more or less what my OB said, too. BFing aids in weight loss, but also keeps some extra weight on for the duration of it.

In other news, I bought a pair of shorts yesterday that aren't athletic shorts nor are they kind of see-through with a tear in the butt (my only other two pairs of shorts that fit haha). I feel like a new person wearing them! And I can't wait for the day that they're way too big haha... =/
LolaBadola and EverydayJoy like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search