Last night was complete hell

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By realmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I don't know what the f is going on with Lexi. This is now the 5th night a row she's been up 3 times at night to feed. It's like we're back to the newborn stage. She was down for the night at 9 pm. Then fed at 1 am, 3 am, and 5 am. After the 5 am feeding she was grunting, loud as hell, moaning all sorts of weird. She wouldn't take her paci and I was afraid she'd wake up my older son. Who, by the way, woke up at 3 am crying randomly. He has been waking up every night now between 1 and 3 am consistently for the last two weeks. He says he has to pee, but barely goes. He also demands his clothes and sheets to be changed, even though they are not wet. Sometimes they are, but not last night. He's kind of out of it and hysterical so we just do what it takes to get him quickly back to bed. He goes back to sleep alright, but I don't know why he's waking up now consistently. Frustrating.

Lexi has been drooling like crazy, crying loudly and oddly more often, constantly chewing on fingers, and had diarrhea yesterday. Could she be teething?
July 22nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is my night every night - but change the 3am feed to 4am instead. We've never left the newborn stage. She wakes up at 5am like clockwork, grunting and moaning and whining, won't take her soother, won't go back to sleep, and we're up by 5:30am after being up twice in the night before that.
My older girls wake as well - last night my 5 yr old was up to pee, and my 2 1/2 yr old was up whining about a bad dream. Lilah is by FAR my worst sleeper. I thought my first daughter was bad, but now I see she was great. She was down to 1 feeding a night by now, and sleeping until 8:30am. My second daughter was a great sleeper right off the bat. Lilah......not so much. VERY frustrating.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
July 22nd, 2013, 06:18 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grady did this during his growth spurt. It will get better soon. Hang in there!

July 22nd, 2013, 07:57 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Remy has been drooling like crazy too and fingers in the mouth. I refuse to believe its teething. I refuse to believe he will have any developmental milestone. I want him to stay an infant forever, especially knowing he will be my last Im use to being up all night, My schedule is something like this between 8 to 10 pm is bedtime (depending on how good he slept during the day) if 8 pm he wakes up at about 12 then 2 then 4 (he thinks its party time) 5, 6, and by 7 I throw in the towel and just get up with him. Sleep????? What's that??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
July 22nd, 2013, 08:57 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Are you girls still swaddling? It's the only way Claire gives us good sleeps. I have to use the batwing swaddle (google it...I think there's a YouTube vid showing how it's done) because she busts out of a regular swaddle. Claire wakes just once usually and is right back to sleep after. Every once in a while she'll sleep 10 to 5...heaven!
July 22nd, 2013, 10:40 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I still swaddle, but her arms are out and have been since day 1. She was able to bust free with her arms even in the Miracle blanket, so I took that as cue she didn't like her arms swaddled.

So tonight she was down by 8 pm but back up at 11:00 pm to feed. It's 12:30 am here (I haven't even gone to bed yet) and she's starting to stir already. Ugh.

I thought growth spurts were only a couple of days....tonight is Day 6. Somebody please give me some relief!
July 23rd, 2013, 05:29 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been fighting the last 3 nights in a row as well. I'm seriously thinking of blowing off my meeting today and taking Avery to mom to watch while I nap. I can't go much more.
July 23rd, 2013, 06:54 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Must be something in the water (or I jinxed myself) because Claire was up every 3 hours last night. Rad!!
July 23rd, 2013, 11:33 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every 3 hours? That sounds like a great night sleep around here! Haha. Kody went to bed at 9:30pm, was up at 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am, 6am, 7am and then up at 8am for the day. Still, I consider it not too bad of a night overall.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 23rd, 2013, 07:36 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Holy moly, Joy, that sounds like h*ll! How are YOU doing?!
July 24th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Veteran
Think my LO read this post because he has decided to jump onto this terrible night trend too! When will it get better!!!!!
rheaimedved likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search