Trying to get Avery in her bed/room.

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By jl046100
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2013, 09:25 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
And I'm failing miserably!!! I absolutely LOVE sleeping with her and wouldn't trade the times we sleep together for the world, but she's getting bigger and noisier, and more restless and I'm dying. Her sleep is way more restless than it used to be. My back is killing me from sleeping on my left side every night for the last 3 months, but it's the only way I can lay without worrying with her in the bed. I've been up since 6am. It is now 1120 at night and she is still fighting me to not go in her crib. I also worry about her getting too cold at night. When I am able to get her to sleep in there for any amount of time, when I check on her crying her head and hands are ice cold. I started putting hats on her but don't know what to do for her hands. I don't know why I'm saying all of this other than I'm tired and everyone else here is asleep so I'm bored.

How many of you have your LO's sleeping in their own room? How did you do the transition? How long did it take?
July 22nd, 2013, 09:52 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Cold hands/feet are not necessarily a sign a baby is cold. I used to think that too. The best way to check if she's cold is to feel her core - chest/tummy. People can accidentally overheat their infant if they go just by feeling hands/feet. In doubt, its better for baby to be a bit cold than overheat.

Lexi is still in her bassinet in our room. She will be 12 weeks this Thursday. I don't know when we'll transition her, but most likely before my son starts preschool in the fall, so I'd say in the next month or so. I'm not ready to kick her out yet! She's a really quiet sleeper. My son, on the other hand, was the noisiest little thing. I couldn't wait to get him out of our room! We transitioned him early, like between 6-8 weeks. It only took about a week, if that, and that's bc I started first with naps, then to partial night sleeping in the crib, and finally the whole night. I eased him in...which really was probably more for my benefit.
Mrsbowbin likes this.

Last edited by kary4; July 22nd, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
July 22nd, 2013, 09:58 PM
Veteran
I am trying to get Tiago into his crib as well. He should have no problem because he slept in a cradle in our room. However, he is over tired due to gas and fighting me miserably. It is 1am here. I have been at this since 1030pm... right now I am sitting in the glider and he is in the crib looking at his projector and making noise. I am EXHAUSTED and wish he would fall asleep already. Best of luck with your little one...I know it will happen eventually...I know he is just having a bad night and that would happen regardless of where he slept for the night....
July 22nd, 2013, 11:05 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As for cold hands, do you have any onesies that have the little flap on the sleeves that you can fold down over her hands? I have a few that do in the 3 month size so maybe you'll find one. Or just put some socks on her hands! Might not look beautiful but it will get the job done!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 23rd, 2013, 04:33 AM
Joy I didn't know they made them for 3 months. I'll have to look around.
July 23rd, 2013, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They do the flaps in 3-6 months sleepers here in the uk that's what's I use for Joshua or u could use a grow bag for night time x
EverydayJoy likes this.

July 23rd, 2013, 06:36 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Have you considered swaddling again? It might help her feel more secure in the big place without you holding her. It would also help with the cold hands issue. I have heard great things about the miracle blanket. It's a swaddler. Jo used to hate being swaddled, but is actually starting to like it. So I have been doing it more (at naptime, because she fights me) and it seems to help her feel secure.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
July 23rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
Brock's minion
Swaddling is what worked for us as we transitioned. After we seen that he was too warm being fully swaddled we switched to the armless swaddled blankets, he loves them and he stays cool through the night. We also found that he slept better with noise so he has his humidifier on high at night and on a friends suggestion we are putting a small fan on the floor blowing away from him for a little more white noise.

Michelle
July 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I had already talked to my mom about trying swaddling tonight. I knew I wanted to get white noise in there but hadn't thought to use the humidifier. It's pretty quiet though so I don't know if that'll do it. Will try all this stuff tonight though. I finally got her to sleep enough to lay her in her bed at midnight last night but she was up at 2am and then woke every hour after that till I finally got up at 6. It wasn't fun.
July 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
May 2013 Cohost
The Miracle Blanket is awesome! Lexi is so long she's starting to outgrow it, though. She can usually kick her feet out now. Amd I've never put her arms in bc she was able to break her arms out since day 1.

Misty, that definitely does not sound like a fun night. I hope it gets better soon!
July 23rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Lurking- have you tried transitioning just naps first then move onto bedtime? Naps maybe easier to start with.
Mrsbowbin likes this.

July 23rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We put him in his room at 2 months and it went well, but I think he likes being left alone when he sleeps. Sometimes I try to hold him while he sleeps now and he fusses to be put down

I agree with the others...try nap time first so you can at least get some sleep at night. I think it will just take her getting used to. We put Grady in a sleep sack and that seems to keep him warm. Sometimes his little hands are cold but the rest of his body isn't. Hope it works out for you soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search