For those that think thumb sucking is cute....

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 2 Post By MrsLisaT
  • 3 Post By Rhonda66
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember a thread awhile ago asking for thumb sucking pictures....well we have one! At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but I really think it's the reason he is sleeping through. I'll hear him on the monitor sucking it a couple times a night.

July 23rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Omg that is cute! Lexi discovered her thumb recently, too...but I've been trying to swap it out for the paci whenever I see it. But it really is the cutest thing!
July 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Veteran
So adorable!!! Tiago sucks his fist. The first few nuckles at least lol
July 23rd, 2013, 08:57 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Jo is trying! Hard. Lol. I don't really mind, except we have a long history of "intense" thumb suckers in both our families (like cousins who were in middle school before stopping, Dhs mom who sucked it until she was a teen!). But what will be, will be. For now she takes a paci too, but I see her finding the thumb before long!

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
July 24th, 2013, 11:35 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww I just love it! Every once in awhile, Kody finds his thumb too. I am very hopeful he will do the thumb because he is NOT a fan of the paci.
I sucked my thumb as a kid and my mom bribed me to stop around 4 or 5 years old, if I remember right! It worked though.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 24th, 2013, 12:30 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Joy, my son responds well to bribes. He also sucks his two fingers, and eventually we will need to break him of it. Do you remember what she bribed you with?
July 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I can't remember but I can ask if you like. She also bribed me to get rid of my security blanket which I had been carrying around nonstop and was getting too old for. Another thing she bribed me was for learning to dive in water...I was hating the lessons and kept belly-flopping. She said she'd give me 10 bucks if I would learn how. I learned in one day! haha. Guess I'm easy to buy off? lol.

July 25th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
That's blackmail! Lol

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

July 25th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
OMG I was the one who wanted to see pics! So stinking adorable. I've never seen bitty babies suck their thumbs. Seriously cute. <3

July 26th, 2013, 10:12 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So cute! Anna is going to be a thumb sucker, I am positive. She won't take the paci and lately has been trying to stick her whole fist in her mouth. I'm just waiting for her to discover that the thumb will be a lot easier to sick in there
July 26th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sophia is already a major thumb sucker (like all the ladies on my side of the family were)...

July 26th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Aw so cute, Rhonda!
Rhonda66 likes this.

July 27th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Oh miss sophia is such a doll!!!
Rhonda66 likes this.

July 27th, 2013, 09:05 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Rhonda - love the photo! She's so pretty!

How are the stretches going? Is she in PT for torticollis? It should be covered by insurance if you go that route (which I highly recommend, it was so good for my son!).
Rhonda66 likes this.
July 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, thanks! The torticollis seems to be getting better as her neck gets stronger, her appointment is on August 9th with her pedi and my guess is that she'll have to go to physical therapy because although it's definitely improving, it's still quite present. Our insurance is really good so I'm sure it will be covered as long as we have a referral from the pedi. I know she'll be fine so no worries.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search