Eating less during the day?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By misty3281

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2013, 03:17 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Hi all,

It seems lately Lexi is feeding less during the day than she used to, and she doesn't seem as eager at the breast. She'll be 3 months old next Friday. For example, this morning she fed at 9:00 am, then took a killer nap from 10:30-1:45 pm. She fed when she woke up. That's almost 5 hrs in between feeds! Is that normal? She's also constantly gnawing on her hands and fingers now, too, as well as drooling like crazy.
July 28th, 2013, 03:51 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery does the hand gnawing and drooling as well. I call it slobberfest 2013. She soaks my shirts if I'm holding her. As soon as she comes off the breast she'll put her hand in her mouth and go to town sucking. Everything I've read says that's pretty normal for 3 months. She usually eats every 2 -3 hours during the day now, but she will on occasion take a 3-4 hr nap and just eat when she wakes up. They're stomachs are bigger now so they can go longer between feedings. As long as she is content and gaining weight I wouldn't worry too much about it. Enjoy the longer stretches!
Rhonda66 and ashj_1218 like this.
July 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I think misty nailed it. Stomachs get bigger and as long as baby is growing, it's all good. Jo is a snacker, so we don't get long stretches yet. But it's coming I'm sure.

And Jo also chews and slobbers a lot now. She loves gumming her fists and fingers. Such a fun new toy! Lol.
July 28th, 2013, 11:39 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't get long stretches here yet either, but I agree with the bigger stomach thought. Sounds right to me! Kody still eats almost every hour to two hours during the day. He's a snacker too though. He is often only at the breast for 5 minutes each time he eats.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 29th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Veteran
My LO has also started going longer between feeds. Was going about three hours and now is pushing to four most of the day. Going for. Weigh on Wednesday so hoping h has been putting on enough weight! Absolutely with you on the drooling and hand sucking. Normal for this ag apparently and not a sign of hunger! Wish I was getting the long naps though..... Still missing those!
July 29th, 2013, 04:47 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Remy too is going longer during the day. He use to snack a lot now he has a meal..lol. He also always has his hands and fingers in his mouth and drooling like crazy. Teeth already?

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
July 29th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah does the long stretches during the day sometimes. She'll nap for long periods and go 4-5 hrs sometimes between feeds. She eats in the night around 2am, then she usually doesn't really want to eat again until after her first morning nap - so around 9am! Sometimes she'll have a bottle at 5am, but some days she just doesn't want it.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search