HELP...I created a monster!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 2 Post By SunnyBunnyMama
  • 2 Post By misty3281

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 04:57 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
So, at night Remy is still next to my bed in the bassinet. When he wakes up I pull him into my bed and feed him...The problem? I fall asleep half the time and forget to put him back in his bassinet. The little stinker has gotten use to sleeping next to me so the times I try to put him back in his bassinet he has a fit! I end up being so tired and don't want him crying waking everyone up I just bring him back in my bed...then he is fine. I created a monster! I don't think hubby is happy about the new sleeping arrangements...haha! I feel Remy is up all night and we are back and forth (in the bassinet, out of the bassinet). I feel like Im having a power struggle with my to be 3 month old! Im thinking of getting him in his crib real soon but would love for him to actually sleep IN his crib. Any suggestions or tips on how I can be successful at this

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
July 29th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just this past week ive gotten myself into the exact same situation! Hell wake and I assume he needs to eat so ill put him beside me and before I can even whip a boob out hes passed out again. He just wanrs to be touching my skin and will fall back to sleep. Im scared to move him to his crib bc ill lose more sleep with him waking up more. Idk what to do. :/
jcperez likes this.

July 29th, 2013, 06:30 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Life is just so much easier when they sleep right next to you. Mommy and baby both sleep better which makes it so inviting to just keep doing. That's how I got stuck. I was always talking about how bad it was that people coslept with babies, and then when I just couldn't stay awake anymore I let Avery sleep with me once and that was it. She slept with me every night for three months. So recently I've posted several times about trying to get her in her own room. She suddenly needed more room to sleep and was waking every 2-3 hours again. So I really think it was more her being ready to be alone than anything I did, but here's what worked for us. I put her down for naps in her room as much as I could. Sometimes I would put her in the playard in the living room. Didn't really matter where, as long as every time she fell asleep I put her down so she got used to sleeping alone. I'd also put her in her crib at night to start the night, sometimes she stayed and sometimes she didn't. When she fussed I'd bring her back in with me. She still got used to laying in the crib though. So when my back couldn't take sleeping on my side one more night I made sure she played hard and long one day, and didn't let her nap after 5. By the time bedtime came she couldn't have fought if she wanted to. And that's pretty much how I get her in bed every night now. She doesn't nap after 5 and we'll play as much as she can until she starts getting fussy and wanting to eat. Then I bathe her (because she loves the bath and it keeps her up a little longer)and put on the sleeper and when she finally eats she goes right out and sleeps a good 5.5 hours. Swaddling has helped a few times, but night before last I layed her on her back and when we got up she was on her stomach so I won't swaddle anymore just in case. When she wakes during the night I stay up until I can get her back in her crib. I just completely eliminated our bed as an option.

Sorry that got so long! Aside from all of that you can try white noise, you can hear the fan from my room in her room so I turn it on before putting her down. I don't know if any of this will help you since I let her lead and waited for her to be ready for her own space, but hopefully something does. It's certainly not easy, but if you stick it out 1-2 nights it gets easier. It's just finding the strength to stay up to do it. That's what took me so long. Good luck. Hope it gets easier for you.
jcperez likes this.
July 29th, 2013, 07:33 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Thanks for the good advice Misty. Im going to try a few of those things.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
July 29th, 2013, 10:55 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I know I need to get a move on - my goal is to have her sleeping in her crib before my son starts preschool at the end of August. She's outgrowing her bassinet lengthwise! But right now it's just so easy to roll out of bed and get her in the middle of the night when she wakes. I hate the idea of having to drag myself off to her room and turning on the hall light- plus I am worried about waking my older son - he's a very light sleeper and already has sleeping issues.
July 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
I know I need to get a move on - my goal is to have her sleeping in her crib before my son starts preschool at the end of August. She's outgrowing her bassinet lengthwise! But right now it's just so easy to roll out of bed and get her in the middle of the night when she wakes. I hate the idea of having to drag myself off to her room and turning on the hall light- plus I am worried about waking my older son - he's a very light sleeper and already has sleeping issues.
Can you put a night light in the nursery and hall instead of having to turn on a light? That's what I had to do.
July 29th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Super Mommy
I'm just too lazy that I don't mind baby sleeping on the same bed, this way I don't have to keep waking up in the middle of the night.

Actually no one should ever take a parenting advice from me bc both of my babies now (22 month old and the 2 months old) sleep in the same bed with me. Ha. I personally cannot fall asleep otherwise. I need therapy.
EverydayJoy and jcperez like this.
July 29th, 2013, 12:35 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah, I'll definitely be using a night light. I just wanted a little extra light for diaper changes. But I'll deal. I'd rather not take the chance in waking my son.
July 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBunnyMama View Post
I'm just too lazy that I don't mind baby sleeping on the same bed, this way I don't have to keep waking up in the middle of the night.

Actually no one should ever take a parenting advice from me bc both of my babies now (22 month old and the 2 months old) sleep in the same bed with me. Ha. I personally cannot fall asleep otherwise. I need therapy.
Nothing wrong with cosleeping. My sister coslept with all of her 3 kids. They never once slept in a crib. They are happy healthy kids too!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 29th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBunnyMama View Post

I loved Avery sleeping with me until she started pushing me out of the bed. lol If I were single I'd have no problem letting her sleep with me until she were older, but DH is a bed hog as it is. Between the 2 of them my butt was hanging off every night.
July 29th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Super Mommy
Misty, my husband has been sleeping alone in the other room for a few months now. Won't be surprised if he ends up cheating on me lol
July 29th, 2013, 05:25 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We coslept with Ethan for the first year of his life...after that, my hubby said, "It's either me or him!" and we moved him to the crib.

I hope you're totally joking about the cheating, that's no laughing matter!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 29th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just laid Roman to sleep in his crib tonight. Im going to at least leave him in there until his first waking tonight which is usually his longest sleep period. Altho Ive honestly enjoyed snuggling with him at night, I do need to get him in his crib before I start work next week. Since hes starting to wake more lately I think hes becoming more aware that im close by.

July 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say don't stress about it, they are only young once. Enjoy it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search