Pacifier rejection?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By Memi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2013, 11:02 AM
May 2013 Cohost
So for the past couple of days, Lexi has totally been rejecting the paci! She has discovered her fingers and her thumb, and seems to enjoy chewing on her thumb. She doesn't have the proper thumb sucking technique down, but I wonder if she'll progress to that. Everytime I see her with her thumb, I try to substitute the paci, but she's not having it. It's weird bc she was totally addicted to her paci just a few weeks ago. It was her cue to take her nap. She would start sucking it and her eyes would get sleepy. Now I feel totally lost without it! I wonder if it's bc she is teething?

Anybody else experience this?
August 1st, 2013, 02:38 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't experienced rejection. He alternates between thumb and paci. I have noticed he has gotten better at the thumb. I'm pretty sure he's teething too. He has both fists in his mouth all the time. I've started giving him a natural teething remedy. Olive oil mixed with one drop of clove oil rubbed on his gums and he seems to like it.

Maybe she'll come back around to the paci?

August 1st, 2013, 03:04 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I had been wondering if Kaeldra was teething because she has also had both hands in her mouth constantly. However, I read that around 3 months is when they are discovering their hands, so it's normal for them to constantly suck and chew on them because of that. I hope that's just it and she's not teething yet! I'm sorry I can't help about the paci...I haven't been able to get Kaeldra to keep one in her mouth since the first time I tried. She just gets a disgusted look on her face and spits it out, no matter what I do. I can't even hold it in for her because of something she does with her tongue.
SunnyBunnyMama likes this.

August 1st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua alternates between his dummy (paci) and his hands he does seem to prefer munching on his hands now and can hit out the dummy on his own which is really annoying he couldn't do that before x

August 1st, 2013, 10:41 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter is doing this exact thing. She can't find her thumb yet but she'll chew on her hands. I'm not sure what to do as i'd rather her suck her thumb then have to deal with this pacifier crap. My other 2 never took to a pacifier. My first sucked his thumb from about 2-3 months until 2 days before his 5th birthday. I'm gonna see how it goes for the next few days and maybe try a day without the pacifier.

August 2nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
May 2013 Cohost
She seems to be napping fine without the paci, although it takes her a little longer to fall asleep. She basically never wants it anymore. I'll offer it, but it's usually rejected. Even in the car she won't use it. Oh well. My older son sucks his two fingers, so I was actually hoping she wouldn't be a thumb sucker. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. It's funny how babies change week to week!
August 6th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kaia is definitely sucking her fists.. when I see it, I normally gently remove her fists and change it for a paci and she's normally pretty good with the change. Sometimes she might pull the paci out and go for her fist again, but most of the time she's ok.
WTTC #2
August 6th, 2013, 04:54 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody is really going after his fists lately too. I am really glad myself, because he's never been a fan of the paci, so if he will start sucking his thumb, then wahoo, he can self-soothe!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Roman liked his pacis but just found his thumb yesterday evening and hes already hooked!! Guess he finds it easier than the paci thing.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search