Log In Sign Up

BF moms, wwyd?


Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
August 3rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,354
So last Thursday I started abx for mastitis. On Sunday it flared up super badly, so I went to the dr on monday. She told me to finish the Keflex, then if I needed to, to start another antibiotic she would prescribe that was stronger. I finished the Keflex on Wednesday and was feeling completely better, my milk supply in my left is also at 90% of what it was before. This morning I woke up and my breast is sore again, in the same spot that it was sore when I had the mastitis. I noticed my nipple is sore too, not the nipple itself but it feels like under the nipple (like under the skin) is bruised....hard to explain. Anyway, the pain isn't bad right now, and I feel physically fine. Would you start the new abx as a preventative measure? Or wait it out for a bit?

I don't want it to get bad because DH is working O/T on Monday, so he can't stay home to help me if I need it, if I suddenly come down with raging mastitis again. At the same time, I hate taking abx. They make me feel gross, and I don't like that a "little bit" is transfered in my milk and could give Lilah diarrhea. I don't know what to do.
__________________




Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
August 3rd, 2013, 06:45 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,003
hmmm...could you ask the dr. for the prescription and wait til tonight or tomorrow to have it filled if you really needed it? You are espumping right? Maybe its the way you are pumping that is causing a clog in the duct? I haven't come down with mastitis with this baby (knock on wood) but I remember how painful it is. Hope you feel better. I would def. have the medicine on hand if you need it but not start taking it just yet.
__________________


Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
August 3rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,354
I've got the medicine here - she sent it to the pharmacy to be filled on Monday and I picked it up right away. I think I'll wait it out. When I was pumping last time, it didn't hurt at all to compress or anything, so I don't know.
__________________




Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
August 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 508
Ok this will gross you out, but I had I think matisis for a few days and I was dying from the pain. Pumping didn't help and breastfeeding was painful. So, I asked my husband to ehem "nurse" a bit. He said no at first but then he agreed. It helped a lot. Was painful, but it worked. If you can recruit your dh to ehem.. Help, it'd be better to tell him which spot to focus on.. Which you can't do with a baby or a machine. Good luck, I know how painful it is.
EverydayJoy likes this.
__________________
DD born in September 2011
Baby due in May 2013
Reply With Quote
  #5  
August 3rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,667
You could check the antibiotics online for any reported reactions in babies when moms took them, as far as these new ones, that way you'd have a better idea whether they might bother Lilah or not.
I'm sorry you are still dealing with this. Maybe this time it's just a clog vs mastitis? You could try the warm heat/massage route for a day and then antibiotics if it doesn't get better.
__________________




Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0