Period?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Super Mommy
Anyone had her period yet? If yes, did you feel better?

Let me explain what I mean, I still feel pregnant, no period, no regular bowel movements, still have occasional swelling in feet, and of course, sometimes feeling just too bloated even through I have been on a dairy free and a low carb diet since the beginning of July... And I have been doing evening walks 5 days a week. No change so far. I hope that I will get a period soon (even though i am ebf-ing) and that I'll start feeling 'normal' again.
August 4th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Veteran
I started birth control pills 4 weeks ago. I had my period heavily thay first week. I am taking my last pill of the month tomorrow and I have not had it again. I feel like I am gaining weight but the scale says no. I am hoping it is just the pills... but also kind of scared.... I am also still breast feeding though.
August 4th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not breast feeding so I got my period like 8 weeks after baby. I feel good! Sorry you are struggling, I hope you get it soon...
August 4th, 2013, 10:17 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure whether I had a period or not. I had bleeding that started something like 6 or 8 weeks PP, that went on for like 2 or 3 weeks. Just really light bleeding, but I couldn't tell if it was more lochia or a period or what! Doc gave me some high-dose progesterone and that made it stop.
I have heard that your hormones can be out of whack for awhile after giving birth, plus your hormones are different because of BF'ing. Sorry

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 5th, 2013, 12:18 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't gotten anything back yet and I'm completely ok with it. I feel pretty normal though minus the occasional emotional day. I have had a few times where I got what felt like cramps and possible ovulation but nothing came of it. We did just move Avery out of our bed though so I'm wondering if that will trigger something. Guess we'll see.
August 5th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No period yet. I hope you feel better soon though!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 5th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had one but I still feel like I have some pregnancy hormones kicking around. Nothing like what you have, mind you, but I still don't feel completely normal. I hope you get some relief soon.
August 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Heeeecccckkkkk nooooooooooo!

Despite the fact that I do still have some hormonal stuff going on (I always do this far out from having a baby), I don't want to see AF for at least another 6+ months!! I don't want to deal with that again. I EBF and have gotten it back at 4 months and would have at 12 months (got preggo on the first ovulation). I hope it stays away on the long side this time.

It's still pretty early, your hormones should regulate and you won't feel this way anymore. And you might get 5 or more months without a period and feeling great At least if you are lucky! But sorry you feel yucky right now
August 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I haven't gotten my period yet but I def. don't feel pregnant! The pregnancy switch shut off as soon as I had the baby and am feeling like my old self. Im just exhausted and out of shape that's all. Hope you feel better.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
August 6th, 2013, 11:37 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm on my 3rd period since baby. Annoying. And it's heavier now because of the paragard IUD. I do feel less bloated though so that's one benefit!

August 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Brock's minion
I had one normal period last month, this month I've had three periods with bleeding on and off for 3 days....SUCKS!

Michelle
August 6th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No periods, just random, light spotting here and there. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling great i hope things start to even out for you soon!
August 7th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for your responses ladies. I don't know if having a period would me feel better, I know it did when I had my dd, although as some of you stated, it wasn't a regular period.

I'm not convinced I'm feeling so icky because if the enormous weight gain.. Haven't lotsa. Ning after I had the baby, he's eleven weeks old now, and I am forty lbs overweight so maybe that's why.
rheaimedved likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search