Baby dancing :)

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So this may seem strange since most of our babies are 3 months old but me and my SO finally dtd after 12 wks and it was pretty sore did anybody else experience this and does it get better also we didn't use any protection and I've been very bad at taking my pill maybe shouldn't have been so reckless anybody else have any oopsies so far

August 6th, 2013, 04:55 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's still a little sore for me from time to time. Basically just the place where I tore can get a little tender afterwards if we're not careful.
I did a few "oopsies" at the beginning before I got on the pill but now I'm pretty good about taking it on time so I don't have to worry about getting pregnant again!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 6th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm 11 weeks pp and we still haven't done it........I'm scared my vagina is super loose now after 3 kids and I'm actually avoiding DTD because I'm already embarrassed! I keep doing kegels because I'm paranoid!
rheaimedved likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 6th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Aw Erin! I'm sure your hubby wouldn't be worried about that! Mine wasn't, anyway, haha. I guess he's happy to get whatever he can! I'm embarassed about how my body looks and how things look down below too. The old gray mare just ain't what she used to be! But, we still get it on.
rheaimedved likes this.

August 6th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL I hear you. After 3 kids, it's pretty ruined down there. Thankfully I only tore once during my first daughters birth, but now things are just........stretched out. It's not pretty.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 6th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Yup. I tore with both kids, worse with the first, and only a handful of stitches with this one, but yeah...it does look kinda stretched out and gross. Haha. I had to ask my OB during my PP exam because I wasn't sure it was "normal" for 6 weeks PP...she said there's a weak spot in the pelvic muscles that's causing the vag to look bulgy in one place (hope that's not TMI). Kegels supposedly should help, but who has time to remember to do them?
rheaimedved likes this.

August 6th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've done it a few times but the first was definitely the most uncomfortable. My doctor was very clear that the first several times might hurt, but to keep at it because it will get better. Frequency has dropped considerably since after the birth-- we rarely even sleep in the same room these days (we alternate sleeping with the baby, so that at least one of us gets a full night's sleep each night).
August 7th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Super Mommy
We have only done it twice so far, the first being just over a week ago. I was afraid it would hurt a ton because it's always been rather uncomfortable and a bit painful to me, even before childbirth. It turned out to be mostly fine, though. My husband actually was worried that it wouldn't feel the same, but he said he was surprised that it did feel pretty much the same, but it doesn't look like it did before. I haven't looked myself because...I'm scared to lol.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

August 7th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan View Post
...it's always been rather uncomfortable and a bit painful to me, even before childbirth.
I had that problem for the first couple years of our marriage. It sucks! I'm glad it was ok for you. Did having a baby help it get better?

August 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, thankfully, LOOKING at it isn't required for DTD. Come on, girls, don't be scared. I've had 5 kids now, some with extraordinarily big heads, and it still feels all normal. Just don't look!

I will say though, after my 4th baby, it was somewhat painful and uncomfortable at times, and now after the 5th it is all totally back to normal. Weird that having another one could "fix" it, and what the heck changes in there anyway? So I think having a baby can make it better.
rheaimedved likes this.
August 7th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I'm sure it can! I had it go the other way after Ethan, though, it got worse. So I imagine it could go both ways.
I had a minor surgery for something else entirely (I had a problem with a ureter/kidney) and it ended up fixing the pain. I had no idea why it fixed it but I was sure happy about it!

August 7th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
I had that problem for the first couple years of our marriage. It sucks! I'm glad it was ok for you. Did having a baby help it get better?
I think it's too early to tell, but I'm hoping that'll be the case!
EverydayJoy likes this.

August 7th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm hoping the next time is less painful i can't remember with my daughter if it took a while to feel okay again but I'm def worried things won't be the same after having two I also think I may have been ovulating so hoping I don't have a pregnancy scare that is a crazy age gap if I was x

August 7th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Just want to share that olive oil is the best post partum lube. It doesn't leave a mess and really helps things down under... especially for bfeeding mamas who might not be able to make any natural lube until they stop nursing. this was suggested by my obgyn with my 1st child. works great! the more you add the better and more comfy
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search