Fussy

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody is out of control today! As soon as he starts getting tired, he starts screaming, and he screams himself silly until he finally falls asleep. I can't seem to console him. He doesn't want to be held, and he doesn't want to be put down. He doesn't want to nurse. UGH! He drives me crazy sometimes.

The other annoying thing is that he chokes just about every time he nurses, so when he's already wound up and mad to begin with, even if I can get him to settle and nurse, the choking will make him mad and he'll scream again and I won't be able to quiet him down.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Last edited by EverydayJoy; August 10th, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
August 10th, 2013, 01:28 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry honey. I don't know what to tell you other than I hope it's a short lived phase. Avery was up every 2 hours again last night. I don't even know the last time I slept. All I want to do is cry from exhaustion. She fights her sleep too. She used to be as bad as what you described about Kody, but it's gotten better. She still fusses and I have to put the paci in her mouth and bury her head against me holding her tight so she can't spit it out while she's fussing but it's not full blown screaming like it was. Just remember it WILL get better. It has to.
August 10th, 2013, 02:48 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Misty - I love your description of how you get the paci to stay in! Lol. Lexi hasn't taken hers in weeks so I just gave up. But last night she took it for the first time in weeks.

I gave up waking her to feed when I went to bed bc I got burned two nights ago. She ended up pooping like crazy when I changed her diaper, making a big old mess at 2:30 am. I cursed myself and vowed never again. Then she ended up waking at 6:30 am anyway. Screw that! (That happened 2 nights in a row).

Joy - I'm sorry today has been rough. Lexi hasn't had a good day either. I dragged her with me to the Carter's store and it totally messed up her sleeping. When we got home, I wanted to make lunch for myself. So my husband got her out of the carseat and she went ballistic. Lunch was left to the wayside. I have no idea why she started like that. Nothing soothed her, not even nursing. Then you know who wakes up from his nap (my out of control son!) but I can't blame him bc she was so loud. Then miraculously he went back to sleep, and she calmed down. By then it was 4 pm and I had to wake my son back up and all of us had to go pick up my car bc it was ready from the shop.

Now I have no plans to make dinner and I'm exhausted. I want a break!
August 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the sympathy! He actually took a 3 hour nap today, which totally blew me away. He never does that. I slept with him for about an hour and a half until Ethan woke me up. The nap helped refresh my perspective and Kody seems happy again! For now, anyway. Going to head to the grocery store while he's still happy.
rheaimedved likes this.

August 10th, 2013, 06:01 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Are you taking both kids?
August 10th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Kary, I have to, Josh is on the east coast right now. He's been gone for almost 2 weeks now.

August 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I've done it once or twice with both kids out of necessity, but its not fun or relaxing. I have Lexi in her carseat in the big part of the cart and I hold my son's hand...I try to have him "help" me by putting things in the cart. I go super fast but he still ends up touching everything and knocking stuff over and of course, not lsitening. Ugh. Maybe I should try bribing him before entering the store?!
August 10th, 2013, 06:34 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Sleep? Whats that?? Joy Im sorry Cody was giving you a hard time today. Poor baby...maybe something was bothering him? Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Tonight I tried giving Remy a bottle to fill his little belly up before bedtime and for me to know that when he gets up in 2 hours its cant be because hes hungry! He took a whopping 5 oz. and went too bed at 8:30 so lets see what happens. He was up for most of the day as well...Fingers crossed! I really miss sleeping a whole 5 hours without being woken up!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
August 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Kary, that doesn't sound like fun! I feel like I go with both kids most of the time, but usually I can get Ethan to sit inside the bottom of the cart (unless it's a big load and I need the space), and then I usually carry Kody in the sling. It's normally not too bad, but of course today Kody was screaming his head off by the time we arrived at the store. At least he wore himself out and fell asleep in the sling when I put him in it.

Jessica, I can only figure something is bothering him, but with him being a baby, he can't tell me what it is. And of course if I took him to the doctor they wouldn't know either. I'm surprised how un-helpful it is to take your kids to the doctor most times.
I hope little Remy gives you better sleep tonight!

August 10th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's possible he's teething? Misha has been drooling like crazy lately and sometimes (especially in the evening) starts to cry for no reason. I started giving him some ibuprofen when this happens and it definitely helps. I bet you can't wait for your husband to get back!

Also, Misty, we do exactly the same thing with pacifiers! My husband is great at it, so I just let him handle it most of the time
August 11th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Joy - I end up having to take all three of my kids if I want to go out during the day, and it's so hard! My almost 5 year old is great, super easy and a very good girl. My 2 yr old HATES sitting in the cart and will complain about it constantly, whining and crying. Lilah doens't sleep, and if the cart stops moving, she starts to fuss. This is why I'm home ALL THE TIME lately. Seriously, I barely ever go anywhere.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 11th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Rhea, I really hope he's not teething! He does seem to be drooling more than usual. I did give him a Calms for Kids tablet, it has chamomile in it, and chamomile is supposed to be good for teething. We're also trying his amber necklace again. Maybe he will be better today, I hope! I'm taking Ethan to the fair this evening to see a monster truck show, so hopefully Kody will be ok. I think he will, because he likes distractions.

Erin, I'm sorry you have such a difficult time of it! I hope it gets easier for you soon, and you can enjoy more time out and about.
rheaimedved likes this.

August 11th, 2013, 08:33 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Joy that sounds fun! I bet Ethan will love it! My son enjoys sitting on the lawn mowers at Lowes...that's kind of like going to our own show, right?! Lol.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
August 11th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Well, the fair went well for Ethan, but I had a horrible time. I'm exhausted from trying to keep Kody happy for Ethan, and then Kody still screamed the whole way home until he was hoarse. Refused to nurse the whole time too, so he ended up going 5 hours without eating. He normally eats every 2 to 3 hours.

August 12th, 2013, 01:10 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh jeez, how awful Joy. I'm sorry, that is tough, it is so frustrating when they won't nurse!
August 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks. He is actually doing somewhat better today, still had a little scream fest on the way home from the library (had to get out of the house!), but he has done better overall.

August 12th, 2013, 05:52 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi had trouble nursing today too, and lots of crying/screaming at the breast. I have her back in the bassinet now since I got that clog. I'm wondering if her gums are bothering her...she kept getting on and then pulling off. She actually woke my son up early from his nap..grr.
August 12th, 2013, 08:04 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I feel like a total heel for complaining about my one night of screaming :-/ So sorry he is so fussy for you lately. It has to be soooo hard to not even have a break. Huge
August 12th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Aw thanks Ashlee, but you're allowed to complain!
Actually as of now, at end of day, Kody did much much better than yesterday. He was easier to console even though he had a few scream fests. I figured out that when he won't nurse and is crying hard I can usually get him to take the bottle. Even though it's annoying to have to pump (I just have a little hand-operated pump), I'm so glad he is eating something so that he calms down and stops crying. I'm betting he'll be better soon and I can go back to EBF. But at least now I have something up my sleeve for when he is inconsolable!
Also, he has started napping longer periods and then being awake longer periods. He used to do up an hour, down an hour, all day, but today he had 2 two-hour naps and that was it. It was kinda cool, and I wouldn't mind it being like that from now on. I bet the fussiness and the new sleep schedule have something in common.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search