I'm trying Lexi in her crib tonight!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2013, 06:17 PM
May 2013 Cohost
So for the past week, I've been napping Lexi in her crib in the mornings, but would bring her back to the bassinet for afternoon nap and bedtime. She's been fairly consistent with her night time sleeping this week - down by 8:30 or 9:00 pm and waking at 4:00 am for one middle of the night feeding. So tonight I decided spur of the moment to try her bedtime in the crib because she pretty much conked out early, by 8:30 pm. It's so weird and sad seeing an empty bassinet next to my side of the bed. I have a knot in my stomach. How can my sweet baby already be gone?? I will never have another little baby next to me. I know it's time, though, because my son starts preschool back up at the end of August and I wanted to transition her before then, to give my son time to get used to her noises (her room is right next door and he's very sound sensitive).

Also, she is outgrowing the bassinet in length and in width...she was really flapping around last night. Her arms/hand were hitting and going under the bumpers (which are a tad bumpy, not totally smooth)...I think this contributed to the inflammation/eczema on her wrists.

I will probably put her back to the bassinet tomorrow night just so I can have one more night with her and a chance to say "goodbye"...haha. Is that insane?!
August 10th, 2013, 06:29 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw! It's hard to let go, especially when you know you won't get the chance to do this again. I'm already feeling sad thinking that when Kody outgrows the bassinet, I will probably be getting rid of it. I'm just not ready for this! I always thought I'd have my options open as far as more kids, but now that we're not having any more, it feels so final.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 10th, 2013, 06:34 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah, I'm holding on to my bassinet for a little while. I will be too sad to let it go.

Hubby says no to 3...sometimes I think I could do it, but do I really want to? I don't want to reset back to baby stage. I want to move forward. I think. Haha. Plus it's so expensive to have 2 kids as it is!
EverydayJoy likes this.
August 11th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's super hard, and I'm in total denial that Lilah will EVER outgrown the bassinet! HAHA. She's still in it, until at least 3 months. The weight limit is 17.5lbs on mine, but she's going to outgrow it in length before she weighs that much. She's my last baby too, so I want to keep her in there beside me as long as possible.

Putting her in her crib is going to be hard, because she wakes at 5am restless, and if someone isn't there to put the soother in her mouth over and over again, she won't go back to sleep.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 11th, 2013, 07:46 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I ended up bringing Lexi back to the bassinet around 2:00 am. I had to wake her to feed at 1:30 pm in her crib bc I felt a clog coming on in my left breast and I wanted to try to drain it. The milk wasn't coming so she got fussy and I ran back with her to the bassinet, holding my breath that my son wouldn't wake. Luckily he didn't!
August 12th, 2013, 02:31 AM
AndieP's Avatar Regular
I think it's perfectly fine as it can be hard to make that step. Also, it sounds like you've done really well in helping your baby make the transition from bassinet to crib.

Starting things off gently by letting her sleep in the crib during the day, before trying it at night is very sensible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search