Bad idea...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By TeeCee
  • 2 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By Memi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's been 3 months since I gave birth to my handsome son.
A natural birth at that... Prior to labor I stood clear from birthing videos and labor stories. I wasn't ready for a shock of horror. And even after my son I still didn't truly think to look into vaginal birth. I seen it a million times when I worked in the L and D unit. But those women were on meds and could hardly feel a poke so technically I saw just the sugar coated version of a natural childbirth.
I decided to YouTube the topic and cure my curiosity.
Ohhhh boy was I shocked hahahaha. My vagina looked liked that. Well something close to it hahaha
I told Isaiah that if he was in the delivery room I didn't want him looking any where near that area. But the second the doctor said "I see the head!" Isaiah left my side and went straight down under. Lol at the moment I didn't care. I was pushing a human being out but now after those videos I wonder if he ever goes back to that memory and get the goosebumps lol

Plus.. The first video I saw of childbirth.. I cried! Not the reaction I was expecting.
Just thought I'd say that. Not sure how many of you ladies felt that curiosity..
August 11th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Lol I am not curious enough. Maybe once I decide to not have any more children I might dare to, haha! My husband was in the delivery room with me and saw everything, more than I did. He said he felt like the most horrible person in the world watching me go through that kind of pain and not be able to do anything about it. He even said he'd rather go through it himself than watch me go through it!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

Last edited by Shufu_in_Shunan; August 11th, 2013 at 02:40 AM.
August 11th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Veteran
Haha. I maxd the mistake of watching it prior to giving birth. I was horrified!! My husband definitly did not look. In fact, when the nurse told him to grab a leg, he gave me a look that made me crack up laughing. He was so worried all night through the contractions. And I did have an epidural so he had to leave for a short time. When he returned, I was on oxygen and they were monitoring our son's heart. He was so scared but found ways to keep me laughing through the entire thing! Then he said "I could never do that!" Lol
August 11th, 2013, 03:40 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know I think I'm in the other camp. I've seen lots of births on video and watched my own for a short time with a mirror and I don't think it's that bad. Doesn't feel good but doesn't look that horrifying haha. I think it's all quite beautiful. Now Ive only seen glimpses of a c section. That could make me woozy.

August 11th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a mirror for all three of my births, but with Lilah I actually couldn't watch. I saw her head start crowning, and I saw it coming more and more and I had to look away because of how much the skin was stretching around it and how BIG it was getting. I got totally freaked out and seeing it was making it hurt more. I watched with my other two girls though with no issues.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 11th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to watch videos before my birth this time. I felt like seeing it a million times helped me be more educated and less scared about the whole process. Having said that I didnt and wouldn't want to see my own birth in the moment. I compare it to watching myself get poked with a needle, I assume seeing it would psychologically make it hurt even worse. But there is a part of me that wishes I allowed DH to video tape it so I could look back and watch it...just once...alone!
rheaimedved likes this.

August 11th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
To you ladies who saw it before birth... You all are brave.
Since it was my first I allowed it to be a surprise. And oh it was shocking. My breaking my water, the feel of contractions to the moment the doctor had me feel my baby's head as he was coming out.. Was enough for me.
All such a miracle and wonderful experience.
If I am to have another child ill be more open to having it recorded lol
August 11th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I saw videos in the Lamaze class, and I had seen a couple on my own before that (although I did limit how many I watched), so we had some idea of what to expect. My husband saw everything and doesn't seem too traumatized by it, although I think I would have been, so I'm glad I didn't watch.

I'm pretty sure I shared the story of how my parents made an audio recording when I was born, and listened to it once and were horrified (why they didn't just use the camera my dad had to take pictures, I will never know), but it turned out that my dad had totally forgotten about that (probably trying to block it from his memory!) but we recently came across the tape in a box of stuff hahaha. We did NOT listen to it, but at least now he believes it exists!
August 11th, 2013, 01:22 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have Kierans on video, although it's absolutely a side-shot, not a crotch shot. But you can see enough. I have Jos pictured, frame-for-frame and they are full-on shots. I am not at all freaked out by it. I have seen several births (family and friends) and would love to see more. I am a junkie for it, I think it's awesome and amazing and incredibly beautiful.

But I think it's fine to be in either camp I know plenty of people who prefer to remain in the dark about exactly what that looks like. It's not without it's grossness, that is for sure. Thankfully, DH and my mom thought it was pretty amazing too (after all, DH was the picture taker for Jos and my mom was the videographer for Kierans). When I so watch birth videos, I think it's empowering, thinking that is what my body can do. And also that it can completely heal from that kind of massive undertaking!!
August 11th, 2013, 01:55 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never wanted to watch my own birth, ever, and would not want to watch it after the fact, either. I know I wouldn't want to see while I was giving birth, it hurts enough without actually seeing what's happening! I have no interest in watching birth videos, either. I don't want to be traumatized!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search