Babysitters

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2013, 02:21 PM
May 2013 Cohost
1). How do you feel about babysitters?

2). Who would you allow to babysit?

3). Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would?
August 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Super Mommy
I have and am fine with leaving him with my mom/sisters to babysit. Even left him overnight with my mom. But I am soooo not ready for anyone outside of family yet. I think I would wait till age 3 or 4 for that. Yesterday at Disneyland my in laws insisted we go on a ride with them and leave Wyatt with my husbands 14 year old sister. I was FREAKING out the whole time (we were only gone 20 minutes) and RAN back to my baby when it was over. :/

That's so weird to me though because I started baby sitting for TONS of people when I was 12 years old. I even had a 3 month old I sat for when I was 12. When I was 14 I started babysitting for a family with a handicap child who had multiple seizures while I was sitting. I was a mature child, but now that I have a kid- I would never leave mine with someone so young!!!
August 11th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The only people I would allow to babysit is my mum, my sister or my best friend who has 2 kids of her own and the only person I would leave him overnight with is my mum who has watched him once overnight but nobody else don't know if I would leave them with a babysitter ever at the very least he would have to be 7 or 8 x

August 11th, 2013, 03:03 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
1). How do you feel about babysitters?
Well I would prefer Avery be with me all the time, but since I have to work I don't have much choice but to leave her with a sitter.

2). Who would you allow to babysit?
The only people that I've left her with are DH and my mom. I do have a cousin and friend as back up if needed, but they're both my age. I just can't imagine leaving her with a teenager at this age.

3). Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would?
My mom and DH. I don't know when I would be willing to leave her with anyone else. Not for a while I'm sure.
August 11th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've only left my two oldest girls with my parents, or my MIL. I don't know how I feel about babysitters......it makes me a little uneasy to think of a 14 year old looking after my two girls (since looking after Lilah too is out of the question, she comes with me!). I've never looked into babysitters, I don't know of any in my area though I'm sure there are lots. I stay at home, so I've never really had to think about it. DH and I have just accepted that we never get to go out just the two of us, unless our parents can watch our girls......but the catch is that our parents live 3 and 4 hrs away!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 11th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm ok with my mom or dad watching him, but pretty much no one else. It's difficult for me to imagine who I'd be comfortable with watching him outside of that, but I'm sure it would depend on how well we knew someone. It's pretty inconceivable that I'd ever be ok with a teenager babysitting haha but, you know, stranger things have happened.
August 11th, 2013, 08:25 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We don't really have "babysitters." Just family and close family friends. I am not averse to babysitters for older kids (6+). But they aren't for us younger than that.

I don't consider my parents or very close friends (a long-term family friend) "babysitters." They are family who help out. I see it as different. But my kids stay with my mom/dad, the family friend, or my brothers (not often though).

I prolly won't leave Jo til after 8 months or so. Personal preference. I haven't even left her with DH yet. I am kinda selfish with my babies for a while And ill leave her with my mom/dad at that point.

I left Kieran one night when he was 4 months and he flipped out, I was 30 minutes away and he screamed that whole time it took me to get home. I felt so guilty, I think it ruined me for leaving my babies. All he wanted was to nurse to sleep. It broke my heart. (Then again, he was a high matenience boob-baby! Lol)
rheaimedved likes this.
August 11th, 2013, 09:44 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Before Lexi was born, we left our son with my parents occasionally (they would always come to our house), but not until he was at least 1. Even then we would wait till he was asleep for the night to leave (he was down early, like by 7 pm). My parents are old school, older, and are way more lax than we're comfortable with. They seem to think our son is invincible and scoff when I remind them of the dangers of certain things in our home. As our son got older, we were more comfortable leaving him during waking hours, but still only with my parents. Last summer, we had a college student babysit a couple of times for our son. I met her at the local playground and got a really good vibe from her (I used to babysit and nanny myself). Unfortunately, she was not available this summer so we haven't gone out at all. However, we're not comfortable leaving Lexi anyway at this age. We also don't want to leave our son behind with my parents and just take Lexi out with us bc he may get upset and wonder why he can't go.
August 12th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1.) How do you feel about babysitters? We dont have any non-family members we really trust with our kids yet but were working on that.

2). Who would you allow to babysit? My mom and future SIL are our go to babysitters. Im currently interviewing some neighborhood teenagers bc we need more options but Id only leave the baby with my SIL for now

3). Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would? No but I just havent had a reason to. I would leave him with one of our family members now if I needed to.

August 12th, 2013, 01:52 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We only use our moms. No one else. I don't think we'll have to find one because once he's a little older I would feel comfortable with his aunties and uncles watching him. I think back to how young I was when I was babysitting. Um no way I would ever leave him with a 13 year old!! I was super responsible and good with kids, but Lordy I was a young babysitter!

August 12th, 2013, 02:28 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Same with me Melissa! No way in h*ll I'd leave them with a 13, 14, or even 15 year old!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search