Swaddling

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2013, 06:04 PM
May 2013 Cohost
So who's still swaddling? If you are, do you use a regular receiving blanket or a special swaddle blanket, like Miracle Blanket or something similar?

I still swaddle Lexi, but with her arms out. I use the Miracle Blanket. She kicks out of the leg portion all the time, though, and is getting a bit long for it. I need to wash her sleepsack soon.
August 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had bought the muslin swaddle blankets a few weeks back when I was asking about keeping Avery's hands warm, but it turned out to be a big waste. If I try swaddling her she'll get so frustrated she can't move she consistently wakes herself up screaming until I take it off. I've started just folding the blankets in half and laying them over the bottom half of her body.
August 12th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
I've started just folding the blankets in half and laying them over the bottom half of her body.
This is what I do. Kaeldra has hated swaddling from the beginning! She seems to hate blankets in general and always kicks them off, so I have to wait until she's in a deep sleep to put them over her.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

August 12th, 2013, 09:21 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's what I do with blankets too, because Kody seems to get restless when he is swaddled. I guess he was cramped up for 9 months and likes to be able to stretch out!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 12th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Owen loves being swaddled. In fact, we double swaddle! We do the bat swaddle with the muslin wraps and then we also put him in a Swaddle Me. He won't sleep otherwise!

August 13th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Veteran
Tiago has hated swaddling from day one. I always cocer his lower half in a blanket as well. He sleeps pretty well like that.
August 13th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I swaddle Roman every night in the special Swaddle Me blankets and he sleeps awesome with them!!

August 13th, 2013, 08:39 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBadola View Post
Owen loves being swaddled. In fact, we double swaddle! We do the bat swaddle with the muslin wraps and then we also put him in a Swaddle Me. He won't sleep otherwise!
Ditto that. Claire is a ninja and will work herself out of any single swaddle, so we have to double up.
August 13th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Brock's minion
We swaddle for naps and use the halo for overnights.

Michelle
August 13th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Misha has hated swaddling from the beginning, but really it was a time that we swaddled him really tightly, then he slept 5-6 hours and when I touched him he was burning up and it scared me! So that was sort of the end of swadding for us... We've become huge risk takers and started putting him on his stomach to sleep (after a long case study with naps); it keeps his arms from flailing around and waking him up, and he definitely sleeps more soundly.
EverydayJoy likes this.
August 13th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Just wanted to say, Mrs. B--that I love your new siggy. Did you do it yourself or get it done by someone from JM?

August 13th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Brock's minion
Aww thanks Joy, someone in the sig room made it for me when the baby was just born. Just yesterday I learned how to add it.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Michelle
August 13th, 2013, 09:08 PM
That's so sweet! Hey in case you don't know, usually the ladies who make the siggies like you to put a little blurb at the bottom that they were the ones who made it. Such as, "Thanks ______ for my awesome/beautiful/great (etc) siggy" or something like that. Just something to show who did the work for it. Something I read when I was looking to have a siggy made one time.

August 14th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Veteran
We didn't swaddled in the beginning but around 8 weeks Brian's arms became super active and we were really struggling to get him to sleep. We have been swaddling since then every sleep. It doesn't make him sleep any longer but definitely helps him to fall asleep quicker. Hope we are able to wean him off it soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search