Any other babies disliking carriers?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am SO so so sad. Lilah is seeming to absolutely HATE the Ergo lately. Every time I put her in it, she fusses more and more, and today she just screamed and screamed until I took her out. She's totally fine in the baby bjorn facing out, but I don't like using that one since it's not all that good for her, and probably not comfortable for sleeping. I LOVE my Ergo, and Lilah lived in it for the first month or so of her life before she started sleeping in the swing for naps. I put her in it now when I want to take my girls for a walk, but she's just hating it so much. I'm really running out of options with her since she also hates the carseat, which means no walks in the stroller either.

I'm going to youtube the side carry on the Ergo, I don't know if she's old enough for that yet? She's out of the infant insert and just in the Ergo now. I want to use it so badly, but if she hates it that much, I guess I'll be selling it My middle daughter hated it too.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried the stroller by itself? I'm guessing you have one of those travel systems where you snap the carseat into it. Kody doesn't like his carseat much at all, but he likes being in the stroller. I think it's the lap belt only vs. a 5 point harness. With just the lap belt, they can still stretch and move around a bit, vs. being totally restrained in the carseat. Good luck!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks. Our stroller has a 5 point harness, but no I haven't tried it. I'll try that next I guess!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 14th, 2013, 07:41 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Aw That sucks.

If she likes the front-out option, what about a woven wrap on your back? If she likes to look around and feel included in everything, that might work well for her. I have put Jo up a few times, and she likes it okay. But she prefers chest-to-chest. She sleeps on my chest, so it makes sense!
August 14th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would search on facebook for a local babywearing group. The one in the city closest to me has a lending library and monthly meetings where you can get help learning to use each carrier (this is mostly for wraps and ring slings) but getting to try out different carriers before dropping more money on one would be nice.

If I were in your shoes I would keep trying the Ergo, while exploring options of getting a different carrier. Maybe it's the time of day she is being put into it, maybe it's the clothes she's in, maybe it's that she's hungry or tired, or just doesn't like the Ergo for now and it too will be a stage she grows out of. I've heard of many moms who fall out of love with a carrier for it to only become their go to once their baby is out of an 'awkward' stage.
ashj_1218 likes this.

August 14th, 2013, 09:58 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your stroller harness have the option to just use the lap belt instead of a full 5 point harness?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search