School time

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By misty3281
  • 2 Post By kurly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2013, 04:35 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That torturous time of year when you have to wake up your sleeping baby that just went down to get your older children dressed and to school. Not looking forward to this. On the plus side though the gym is on my way home if I go that way so I have no excuse to not stop and workout a little, as long as she cooperates in their daycare.
August 15th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Super Mommy
I'm excited for school to start so everyone gets the heck out of my Target
August 15th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Brock's minion
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurly View Post
i'm excited for school to start so everyone gets the heck out of my target
amen!

Michelle
August 15th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so glad the schools are back x

August 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have mixed feelings about school. My oldest will be in K this year, and it's full day every day just like last year (because in Canada we have JK in the public school system, so they start a year earlier). Anyway, she brought home EVERY virus under the sun last year, and sometimes twice. My two girls were constantly sick. Thankfully I only caught a couple of the things they had.

I'm glad school is back in a couple of weeks because Lexy will be out doing something, and it's WAY quieter here when it's just Julianna, Lilah and I. I am DREADING school though because of the sickness that will come with it. Waking Lilah up to take Lexy to school, or to go down to meet the bus when she comes home, is def NOT appealing.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ethan is too little for school, and we'll homeschool anyway when it comes time...
But I feel sorry for the ladies who have to wake up their sleeping beauties!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 15th, 2013, 08:40 AM
I agree I'm all for the kids being back in school, I just hate having to wake up Avery to drop DSD off and pick her up. Her pick up is right when Avery is taking her afternoon nap so she screams the whole time. Fun times.
August 15th, 2013, 12:02 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah, I have mixed feelings. My son will be going to preschool for a half day 3 days a week starting in September. It will be so good for him. But I don't like the idea of having to wake my DD to go get him. Of course, her nap time may change this fall, so we'll see. Luckily my hubby will work from home on preschool days, so he can do drop off and I'll do pick up.
August 15th, 2013, 04:02 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Misty, is there any way you can carpool share with another mom so you only have to do it half the days? I'm hoping for an arrangement like that when I have kids in school!

August 15th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyMrs View Post
Misty, is there any way you can carpool share with another mom so you only have to do it half the days? I'm hoping for an arrangement like that when I have kids in school!
I wish. She goes to school in the city her mom lives in which is about 15 minutes away. We live in a totally different school district so none of the kids around us go to her school.
August 15th, 2013, 04:48 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Misty,

A fun fact about me: I was born in New Orleans, but moved away at age 4. We lived in Slidell, LA. Which part are you in?
August 15th, 2013, 05:09 PM
We're in Lake Charles. So about 3 hours from New Orleans on the opposit end of the state. There's no way I would live in NO. That place scares me.
August 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I remember that suckage with Liam when I had the little girl I nannied for. I always had to wake him up to go get her. And it was never pretty. I am a little grateful that we aren't doing the school thing this year. Prolly next year though.
August 17th, 2013, 04:44 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter starts grade 1 in a couple of weeks. I'm dreading it. I don't want to get up at 6 or drag the boys to the bus stop. Plus I will miss the extra help, she is amazing at entertaining the baby so I can get something done and she gives my 3 year old someone to play with. Plus I miss her like crazy when she's gone and I tend to worry about her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search