Unexplained crying fit

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By misty3281

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2013, 07:12 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Some of you mentioned it earlier...well tonight was our night. Lexi fed around 8 pm and I put her down. Next thing I know she starts wailing. I was running a load of laundry so I quickly came back up. I tried to feed her and she went ballistic. I mean 45 min of unexplained, uncontrollable, inconsolable crying that sounded god awful. I have no idea what was wrong. I shushed, swayed, swaddled, burped, sang, rocked, and nothing worked. I had a couple of brief quiet moments during this whole time, which allowed me to breathe, but then she'd start again. If I offered her the breast she would go berserk. Toward the end, I even got a bottle of formula out. Complete waste - she wouldn't touch it. Then she finally passed out in utter exhaustion on my chest. Meanwhile I didn't get a thing packed and we leave Saturday. Ugh!
August 15th, 2013, 09:59 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man you have my sympathy! It's awful, isn't it? I hope it passes soon!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 15th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Brock's minion
Ours happened this afternoon. After a great night and fun morning I put Brock down for a nap, the nap lasted about 10 minutes and then the day went to HELL! He cried for about four hours straight...it was killer, real tears pouring down his beautiful face. I tried every trick that has ever worked and nothing. Holding him or laying him down...putting him in every holder and toy we have, we walked, sang and tried doing nothing. It was terrible, I started crying right along with him. Gratefully his godfather came over and of course that was the trick that worked. It was heartbreaking.

Michelle
August 15th, 2013, 11:28 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh man, 4 hours? You poor thing. I was ready to lose it and mine was only 45 min!
August 16th, 2013, 01:04 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Must have been something in the baby air yesterday. Avery did the same thing for 2.5 hours. Hers was fighting sleep mostly I'm sure, since she's a master at that. I don't know what made her finally pass out but I was grateful she did. Hopefully today is better for all of us!
rheaimedved likes this.
August 16th, 2013, 07:46 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Ugh. So sorry I freaked out when Jo had hers, so I know how it feels. I hope she doesn't do it for you again. It's tough I watch and have nothing you can do that will help them.
August 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oi, so sorry. Misha has been extra fussy lately-- still not having those extended screaming fits (which he's had before a few times), but crying on an off for an hour or two until we can trick him into going to sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search