"Intuitive" baby?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 07:51 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Is yours fairly emotionally intuitive? Do they seem to pick up on the emotions of the room? Or if other children get upset do they get upset?

I notice that Jo is like this. I don't think my boys were. If the stress levels rise (for whatever reason), she gets fussy. Or if Kieran cries, she fidgets and might start crying herself. I notice she is much harder to calm when I am feeling tense or pressured...like she knows I am not my normal self and therefore can't bring herself down either.

I guess it's just a trait of her personality. I know Kieran wasn't like this, and he still isn't. He is happy go lucky even if there are people fighting. I think Liam has a little more in him, but we didn't see this kind of reaction when he was a baby.

Are any of yours like this? Is your LO?
August 16th, 2013, 09:07 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ethan was definitely like that as a baby, he would cry if he heard another baby crying. I recall specifically one time when he was 2. I was fighting with Josh and he was watching my face. I didn't think he was old enough to understand, but he said, "Mommy is...sad." He paused in the middle because he was trying to think of the right word to use. I felt bad for raising my voice then and tried to comfort him. He also worries about babies in stores that are crying, he will ask me what's wrong with them, going through the list of what he thinks it might be (wet diaper, hungry, etc).
As for Kody, I'm not sure yet. He doesn't seem to be bothered by heated emotions. That may change, but so far, he's pretty unflappable.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 16th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ethan sounds like such a sweet little boy!!

So far it's unclear about Misha, but he seems to march (fuss) to the beat of his own drummer..
August 16th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes. If one of my girls are crying, Lilah pauses and lies really still to listen. Or if I am having to reprimand one of my girls, she gets a startled or concerned look on her face. That said, yesterday I was pumping and I had to sternly tell my oldest to get off the back of the couch - when I looked down at Lilah, she had a huge smile on her face!

My oldest has always been the happy go lucky kind that kind of ignores when someone is upset, and she'll just leave the room.

My second daughter is definitely more sensitive to what is going on. She gets super concerned and will try to make it better by giving the person a big hug or cuddle.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 16th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes. If one of my girls are crying, Lilah pauses and lies really still to listen. Or if I am having to reprimand one of my girls, she gets a startled or concerned look on her face. That said, yesterday I was pumping and I had to sternly tell my oldest to get off the back of the couch - when I looked down at Lilah, she had a huge smile on her face!

My oldest has always been the happy go lucky kind that kind of ignores when someone is upset, and she'll just leave the room.

My second daughter is definitely more sensitive to what is going on. She gets super concerned and will try to make it better by giving the person a big hug or cuddle.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 17th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
No thank goodness because DD is a crybaby! 2 criers would drive me bananas
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search