9 - 5

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 07:21 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Hi, I'm on vacation but wanted to pop on quickly...the night before we left (Friday) Lexi slept from 9 pm to 5 am straight. Then the very next night (our first night on vacation) she slept from 9-5:30 pm! Same thing last night too! It's a miracle! I hope it lasts. We're all sharing a room and surprisingly, my son has been very good about sleeping. He wakes up when Lexi feeds but goes right back to sleep. We have him on a toddler air mattress which is working out well.
August 19th, 2013, 07:45 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome. I'm going to assume you mean 5:30am not pm there. We still wake for 1-2 feedings a night. I just dream of the day. Hope she keeps it up for you.
August 19th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome! Lilah has finally dropped one middle of the night feeding, so she's just up once between 2-4am. It's GREAT!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 19th, 2013, 09:18 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow how awesome for you, Kary!
Misty, 1-2 feedings a night is a dream for me! Kody wakes to eat about 5 times a night.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 19th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Super Mommy
Love it!
August 19th, 2013, 11:28 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Yes, I meant 5:30 am! Lol
August 19th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Misty, 1-2 feedings a night is a dream for me! Kody wakes to eat about 5 times a night.
So does Owen! Last night he slept from 8:30 -2:30, then woke up every our after that. Any idea why they're doing this? It's exhausting.

August 19th, 2013, 07:24 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Wow! Go Lexi! That is quite impressive. Jo is a pretty frequent waker still. At least 3 times, if not 4. But I don't fully wake up, so it's not as bad. I keep hoping she will just figure it out for herself. Lol. Fat chance! I am convinced Dhs non-sleeping genes are dominant!
EverydayJoy likes this.
August 19th, 2013, 07:34 PM
OT: I have seen this title 50 times today and I swear every single time I started singing "working 9-5". Even sang the parts I remembered to Avery during bath time.

Quote:
Just to be clear I am in no way, shape, or form complaining. I am very grateful to have our current sleeping schedule. Just acknowledging it will be nice to go straight from 8pm-5am with no feedings.
EverydayJoy likes this.
August 19th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBadola View Post
So does Owen! Last night he slept from 8:30 -2:30, then woke up every our after that. Any idea why they're doing this? It's exhausting.
Kody has been sleeping like this from the start, only he is actually sleeping better now that he was as a newborn. If what Owen is doing is a new thing, I have no idea why he's doing it. Could be a growth spurt?

August 19th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
Just to be clear I am in no way, shape, or form complaining. I am very grateful to have our current sleeping schedule. Just acknowledging it will be nice to go straight from 8pm-5am with no feedings.
Oh you are welcome to complain! I guess I shouldn't play the "one-upmanship" game that it's easy to do as a mom. That martyr thing---"I'm worse off than you are, just listen to this!" Hah. Sorry!

August 19th, 2013, 07:57 PM
lol No worries. I didn't mean it to be complaining. I'm totally good with this. Who knows. We might be back to every 2 hours again next week like we were a few weeks ago. These babies are exhausting!
EverydayJoy likes this.
August 19th, 2013, 08:33 PM
May 2013 Cohost
My only complaint is that my boobs get so engorged by 5:30 am...but I'll take that over waking in the middle of the night to feed!
EverydayJoy likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 09:49 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Good for you!!! SLEEP????? Whats sleep????
EverydayJoy likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
August 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Jessica, what does Remy do at night for a sleep schedule?

August 21st, 2013, 05:14 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Quote:
Jessica, what does Remy do at night for a sleep schedule?
Joy, Ive come to the conclusion that my child isn't normal haha! It doesn't matter if he up all day, naps all day or half the day, up a few hours before bed, put to bed early or put to bed late. He wakes up what seems to be every 2 hours at first then every hour after that! I tried putting him in the crib but he wakes up so much I decided to just put him back next to me in the bassinet which then I end up putting him in bed with me. I am just SO tired. Ive tried keeping him awake longer during the day and putting him to bed later...NOPE...doesn't work! All my kids were horrible sleepers but I think hes the worst.
I don't think it colic either because during the day he is such a happy baby. As long as hes fed and changed he is happy go lucky. Even at night, hes the same way except he wants to be next to me or with a boob in his mouth. He doest have crying fits or seem uncomfortable in any way. He just doesn't sleep and if I don't give him the attention, he will cry. The longest he has ever slept straight through was 4 hours. Cant wit for the day when I can sleep a full 5 hours.....ahhhhh, sounds so nice!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
August 21st, 2013, 07:29 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is awesome! Anna slept through the night for the first time when we were on vacation too. She went from 11:30 to 8. We've found if we keep her up later, she is much more likely to sleep through the night. Ever since we discovered that, sleep has been amazing!
August 21st, 2013, 07:33 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Last night Lexi slept from 9 pm till 5:45 am! Then she went right back down. It's now 9:30 am and she's still asleep! I haven't slept this long in years!! I have a feeling the 5:45 am time will slowly move later and later. I'm loving it!

The night before she stirred and fussed at midnight. She wasn't full on crying, but since my son is in the same room, I wanted to be proactive and get her before she woke him up, so I did feed her. Then she slept till 6:30 am. But then was back down until 10:15 am.
EverydayJoy likes this.
August 21st, 2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperez View Post
Joy, Ive come to the conclusion that my child isn't normal haha! It doesn't matter if he up all day, naps all day or half the day, up a few hours before bed, put to bed early or put to bed late. He wakes up what seems to be every 2 hours at first then every hour after that! I tried putting him in the crib but he wakes up so much I decided to just put him back next to me in the bassinet which then I end up putting him in bed with me. I am just SO tired. Ive tried keeping him awake longer during the day and putting him to bed later...NOPE...doesn't work! All my kids were horrible sleepers but I think hes the worst.
I don't think it colic either because during the day he is such a happy baby. As long as hes fed and changed he is happy go lucky. Even at night, hes the same way except he wants to be next to me or with a boob in his mouth. He doest have crying fits or seem uncomfortable in any way. He just doesn't sleep and if I don't give him the attention, he will cry. The longest he has ever slept straight through was 4 hours. Cant wit for the day when I can sleep a full 5 hours.....ahhhhh, sounds so nice!
I'm sorry! Sounds a lot like my oldest, Ethan, was. It was awful. He slept like that for almost the first year of his life. He would wake up 8-10 times a night, crying and needing to be nursed back to sleep.
He slept in bed with us for the first year---there was no way I was going to jump out of bed to go get him that many times. I'm sorry you have to deal with that! It's so awful when you can't sleep more than 1 or 2 hours at a time. You get sooo exhausted. I guess I can see why your husband is so eager to get a vasectomy!

August 25th, 2013, 03:32 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Well it's 2 steps backwards for us. Just when I got all excited that Lexi was starting to sleep through the night, she pulls a stunt like this. For the past two nights, she has been up 3 times. First night was 2:30 am, 5:30 am, and 6:45 am...and we had to get up by 7:15 am to get ready to drive home from vacation. I was a zombie. Then last night it was 12:30 am, 4 am, and 7:15 am. We'll see what tonight brings. At least we're back home in our familiar surroundings and the comfort of our own home!

Probably a growth spurt - she's almost 4 months.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search