fighters?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 11:54 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies. I was wondering if any of your little angels fights their sleep and what do you do to get them to sleep? Tiago fights us to the death. During the day, he wants to see the world. At night, he has hos days where nothing I do works. Last noght was one of these nights? This little boy needs MUCH more sleep than what he is getting. By night, he is soo overtired that he fights me even harder! I definitly could use some suggestions... we have rocked him, patted him, laid with him, walked with him, car, mobile, projector, hum to him, pat him, nurse him, formula feed, etc, etc, etc. Lol
August 24th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Have you tried playing white noise? Sometimes I have to resort to that to get Kaeldra to fall asleep. I just play a video of it on YouTube. If you search "white noise for babies," there are a bunch of different videos. Hope you find something that works soon!

August 24th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Veteran
I have his projector that plays all sorrs of sounds...nope. i also want to try brraking him of falling asleep in our arms but somehow...I do not think now is the time for that lol
August 24th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleLynn View Post
I have his projector that plays all sorrs of sounds...nope. i also want to try brraking him of falling asleep in our arms but somehow...I do not think now is the time for that lol
Aw, ok. Kaeldra also falls asleep in my arms and she still won't go to sleep for the night until 2 a.m. Silly babies need to learn better sleeping habits!

August 24th, 2013, 05:27 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes there's just nothing to do but wait it out. Avery is finally getting better about falling asleep but there was a looooong time she fought tooth and nail. All I could do was walk around with her head buried in my chest with the pacifier and wait for her to wear herself out. Those were the nights I cried and screamed in the pillow. One night I even asked her why she hated me and DH heard and got all bent out of shape. I was just exhausted. Sounds like you've tried just about everything. I have noticed if I try to put Avery down and she wakes back up fighting and can set her in my lap watching tv for like 15 minutes and when she gets a little fussy try again and she'll go down easier. Good luck hon.
August 24th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Brock's minion
We have had issues with Brock fighting his naps. I have found putting him on his playmat seems to do the trick, I was worried before about where he should take naps, now I only care that he gets them in. He on occasion fights about bed at night, his little eyes get so red an he tries his best to keep them open. We just wait it out. Singing, reading or just holding him have been helpful. My husband started to play with him last night when it happened and those couple of minutes did the trick, he had no energy left to fight.

Michelle

Last edited by Mrsbowbin; August 24th, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
August 24th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Veteran
Glad I am not alone! It is so frustrating though. I walk around endlessly with him. Even take him outside so the mosquitos can feast on my body! Lol. I know he will get there eventually. Just getting impatient. Lol
August 24th, 2013, 09:48 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody fights sleep too. Sometimes I have had luck when I've stuck his bassinet next to the TV so that he could watch until he fell asleep. It seems like sometimes he likes a lot of noise and hubbub to fall asleep to. My mom says with me, I fought sleep too, I never wanted to miss a thing. She would let me stay awake in my crib and play till I dropped from exhaustion.
You could ask your pediatrician about chamomile, too, and see if it's ok to give.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Veteran
I never thought about giving him anything to help him sleep but I will definitly ask the doctor! I do use lavender bath soap and lotion every night...but it seems to be fading off a bit.
August 26th, 2013, 07:31 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
My little guy is a crazy sleep fighter. I literally used to walk around the house with the baby bjorn on, with my white noise cell phone app and singing for hours just to get him down. The ped. gave us permission at his 3 month appointment to let him cry it out. The first time was hard but that's what we've been doing. He cries for 10 minutes max now and then just passes right out. Sometimes he only cries for 1 or 2 minutes and sometimes not at all. I'm not sure if you are comfortable with that, but with my little guy he cried when I was holding him anyway so it was really no different. DH and I are are so thankful we started this because he ALWAYS puts himself to sleep and has been sleeping longer too!

August 26th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Chloe does this now and then, and the only way i can get her to sleep is by rapping her nice and tight in her blanket (like they did in the hosp), and take her in the living room with her pacifier and turn up the music and rock her, and she is out in like 10 mins or so.

August 26th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Veteran
I know I should let him begin to cry it out but I hate to do it!! He has good days and bad days...last night was amazing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search