What a night

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Kaeldra didn't go to sleep until 4:00 a.m. last night. On top of that, I have awful clogs in both breasts. I tried massaging in the bath last night for an hour to no avail. The freaking typhoon outside is so loud that it woke me up at 6:00 a.m., and when I couldn't go back to sleep, I decided to go downstairs to pump and massage...clogs will still not go away! I don't know what I'll do if I get mastitis again and have to get to the hospital in this weather. It's almost 7:30 a.m. now and I just want to sleep!

August 24th, 2013, 05:58 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh honey, I'm so sorry. That sounds just absolutely god awful. You have my sympathy. Do you have a hot water bottle or a heating pad? I was able to place one on my breast with a wet towel underneath and lay in the bed all day. Then you don't have to get up or stay in the tub. Can your husband take the day off to help? I also made a point to attempt nursing more frequently to get the clog out. It took about 12 hrs for mine to clear. Keep us posted.
August 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I have a heating blanket, so maybe I can try your method with that. The tub can make me dizzy sometimes when I stay in there too long, so that's a good idea. My husband actually has today off, but he has a lot of important things he needs to take care of out of town. I've also been trying to nurse more often. I haven't done the chin-towards-the-clog method yet, so I plan to do that, too.

August 24th, 2013, 08:20 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness that sounds so terrible. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. Hope you get some rest and boob relief. You are such a strong mama! Hang in there

August 24th, 2013, 08:35 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Ugh. I certainly hope your solutions work. That sounds awful and even worse when piled on op of exhaustion Hope those plugs work their way out!!
August 24th, 2013, 09:10 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Do the heating pad/wet towel for 20 min at a time, then have Kaeldra nurse right afterwards. Try the chin pointing toward the clog. You might even have to lay her on her back on the floor while you get in weird positions on top...supposedly dangling the boob over her helps because of gravity. Follow up each nursing session with a hot bath or shower if the clog hasn't cleared. Rinse and repeat all day until they clear. It sucks. Take some Advil, too. And drink a ton of water. I'm sending you clog clearing thoughts!
August 24th, 2013, 09:17 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh. You have my sympathy. I hope it goes better for you!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 24th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Veteran
Heat, heat, heat! I had two that I managed to get rid of. I used a hot water bottle on it for a long time and then nursed straight away and it went away quite quickly. I also took some antiinflammatories which really helped too! Good luck, it is such agony!
August 25th, 2013, 07:42 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Kim, how is it going? Thinking about you.
August 25th, 2013, 08:08 AM
These are some of the most stubborn clogs I've dealt with. I've been massaging pretty much constantly the entire day with a damp washcloth and heating blanket on top and nursing a ton. Nursed a little with her chin towards the clogs, but she was having a little trouble not getting distracted like that. I soaked and massaged in two baths. I even tried using a vibrating back massager on the clogs after reading on a site that said it could help. She actually seems to be going to sleep early tonight (it's just past midnight here), but I really don't want to wake up with the clogs even worse, so I'm still massaging. I think this is all because I actually took some time for myself the other day to go out and watch a movie. My first time away from the baby. I wasn't even out that long, but I guess it was long enough to make my boobs angry. Gah! I'd been doing so well avoiding clogs since I started taking Lecithin, too.

August 25th, 2013, 08:26 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh no, Kim, I'm sorry. Keep working on clearing them. I feel so bad for you. Try to massage the most during letdown. How about pumping every hour to encourage a letdown? Do you notice any white dots on your nipples? I did when I has a clog - it was a little blister that was blocking milk flow. I used my fingernail to gently scrape it to open it so milk could come out.
August 25th, 2013, 09:19 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Kim, any progress on clearing the clogs? You could also try the husband trick - have him suck on them after you do the moist heat...
August 26th, 2013, 02:21 AM
I don't think I can bring myself to do the husband trick...it freaks me out too much lol. I think I have managed to get the clog on the right side cleared, at least most of the way. I still feel a slight lump there, though, so I'm not sure. The left side was worse than the right, but I think I'm making some progress with it, too. Seems less hard than it was yesterday. I hope I can get it cleared by the end of the night!

August 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
May 2013 Cohost
That's promising! Keep working on them...fingers crossed they are cleared tonight!
August 26th, 2013, 05:56 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Kim, what's going on?
August 26th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Stupid clogs won't go away. I thought I had them almost all the way out before bed last night, but they were back by the time I got up. At what point should someone see a doctor for plugged ducts? I don't have a fever or the flu-like symptoms that come with mastitis. These clogs feel really deep and I think that's why they're being so stubborn.

August 26th, 2013, 08:25 PM
May 2013 Cohost
After a few days I think...a dr can use a needle to clear them if necessary. I'm so sorry.
August 28th, 2013, 05:51 AM
I think the clogs are fiiiiinally pretty much gone!
EverydayJoy and misty3281 like this.

August 28th, 2013, 06:24 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im late to post on this but glad they're finally going away. That sounds awful to deal with.
August 28th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Veteran
Oh good glad they going!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search