Weight loss

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Super Mommy
Ok it's me again... Asking about your weight gain/loss after baby #

My son is three months old now and I literally have NOT lost anything since he turned two weeks old, I even was on a diet for the entire month of July, but no change lol I know it eventually come off, but was wondering if anyone is in a similar position #someonesobsessed
August 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your hormones have a lot to do with your weight loss or lack thereof. Some women just have a tough time with weight loss while nursing.
I have lost almost all of my Kody pregnancy weight, just two more pounds to go to prepregnancy. Then I'm going to work on losing my Ethan pregnancy weight and maybe if I'm lucky get back down to 135 where I'd like to be. I'm at 151 now.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't lost crap and it doesn't matter how much I do or don't eat. My body is just holding on to that weight for all it's worth. I know I'll get it off after BF'ing is done, but it's frustrating in the meantime.
rheaimedved likes this.
August 25th, 2013, 01:19 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I have plateaued since my 6 week postpartum check up. I still have 10 lbs to go and it's all in my belly. I look ridiculous. I was at Gap today and the sales lady told me maternity jeans were 30% off today. Too bad I'm not pregnant, lady. How rude!
rheaimedved likes this.
August 25th, 2013, 02:03 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw Kary, that's awful! That's really rude too. Rule of thumb is don't even say anything about a woman being pregnant unless it's really, really obvious, and even then, think twice about it. Because often, you can be wrong, and then you'll make a fool of yourself.
kary4 likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Brock's minion
I had lost all my baby weight...HAD!! After now almost 4 months on steroids I have gained it all back +7. FML!

Michelle
August 25th, 2013, 03:25 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Thanks Joy! I was so depressed about it I decided to stop by the Godiva chocolate shop. Lol.
August 25th, 2013, 04:10 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
This is the first time I have had a problem. My boys I dropped it off easily and quickly. This time...not so much

I am holding steady with 14 pounds to lose. I eat healthy, am moderately active (I don't do the gym, but am busy and out a lot), and I am still completely plateaued. I am not worrying about it though. There are days when I feel like crud about it. But i just remember she is still little and it's not worth my mental energy. It's frustrating. But I need to keep a healthy mindset or I could get into trouble (I used to have a severe eating disorder and don't need to kick up any of those thoughts!)

I am sticking with "9 months on, 9 months off." I figure if its still there when she is 9 months old, I'll get serious about it. Til then, I will continue on and remind myself that I AM awesome even with my extra pounds Remind yourself of how great you are and how those fab factors don't change with weight. It's a trick I learned years ago that does work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbowbin View Post
I had lost all my baby weight...HAD!! After now almost 4 months on steroids I have gained it all back +7. FML!
I was on steroids once and those are no joke. I packed on 60lbs!! It was miserable. But necessary. So sorry you had that lovely experience :-/
August 26th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been losing very very slowly but have plateaued recently. I have 15 lbs left but if I can just lose 10 more ill be happy since im not really working out right now, just dieting and BFing.

Last edited by Memi; August 26th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
August 26th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, I have 10lbs left to go that WILL NOT BUDGE. It's driving me insane. With my first two girls, the weight came off no problem. I BF'd my first, and my second was on formula, and the weight came off both times (though I did do weight watchers with my second to get the weight off since I wasn't burning extra calories BF'ing past 5 weeks). This time, I really don't get it. I am pumping like crazy, I make about 50 ounces a day, and I just can't lose these last 10 lbs. SO annoying. Doesn't help that BF'ing makes me super hungry.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 26th, 2013, 09:03 PM
I am 4 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight, but I am carrying my weight differently, yet still in the same areas (stomach, thighs) so I had to get larger pants . I have ate a lot of ice cream this summer and have not been as active, I am just too darn tired. I like the idea of 9 months on 9 months off.

August 27th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I lost about 35 lbs within the first 8 weeks and then... nothing. That would be fine if I'd gained 35-40 lbs, but I'm still waiting for these last 25 pounds to come off. I won't hold my breath. I eat well, but a lot, because I'm constantly starving. I go to the gym some, and go on walks almost daily, but it's not much compared to my pre-pregnancy (and even months 5-9) days. So far I'm able to be patient, but I'm gonna be hella bummed if it doesn't start to come off once I'm done breastfeeding.
August 27th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Veteran
I lost most of my babhy weight. I would love to get rid of another 5-10 pounds, but like most women here, I am not working out at all. My day consists of caring for Tiago and cleaning, so I am not that seditary. I keep telling myself I should do an ab workout to tighten and tone, but ehhh I just do not feel like it! Lol My weight is also very different and my pants are tighter. I figured that was from my hips spreading.

Kary, I can NOT believe somebody would actually say that! That is just terrible!!
August 27th, 2013, 03:29 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
I have plateaued since my 6 week postpartum check up. I still have 10 lbs to go and it's all in my belly. I look ridiculous. I was at Gap today and the sales lady told me maternity jeans were 30% off today. Too bad I'm not pregnant, lady. How rude!
Should have looked at her and said "That's awesome! Are you getting some?"
EverydayJoy, kary4 and rheaimedved like this.
August 27th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I tried balanced diet for my weight loss. I started consuming fresh vegetables, fruits and avoid packaged food. I am trying to speed up the metabolism and fat burning hormones to reduce weight.
August 27th, 2013, 11:37 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lol, misty! The odd thing was that I wasn't even looking at the maternity clothes. I had baby clothes in hand and was looking at the wall of clothing for babies that said "First favorites". Now granted that wall is located in the maternity section. But come on! People need to think before they speak.
August 28th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd like to think I'd come up with some snarky comment if something like that ever happened to me, Kary, but I'd probably just be too stunned. I seriously considered buying some spanx in the early postpartum period, but ended up leaving the house so rarely that it didn't seem to matter haha.
EverydayJoy likes this.
August 28th, 2013, 12:11 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah, I was pretty stunned. I said too bad I already had my baby. But in a nice way.
August 28th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Veteran
I am totally with you. I lost 25 lbs immediately but haven't lost any since 2 weeks post partum. The problem is that I gained 55 so I am still up by 30. I am so frustrated...I've tried eating well, running, weight watchers etc and the scale has literally moved 1 pound since may. SMH.

August 28th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Super Mommy
Still have 40 lbs to lose should have better control when I was pregnant. Honestly if I lose 20 lbs now, I'd be SOOO happy! The other twenty can hang in there for a few more months... Maybe...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search