BFing moms.... I need some inspiration!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By MichelleLynn
  • 5 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Veteran
I have been exclusively BFing for 15 weeks now and am really starting to lose enthusiasm for it. Brian is very big , he is about 17 lbs now and so needs to eat a lot to keep going. I am finding it exhausting to keep doing it. I was absolutely loving it but just recently I have really started not enjoying it and would love to be able to share the load with DH a bit more. The thought of going on to formula and having a clearer routine and the occasional night off is SO tempting at the moment. I know I don't really want to stop but just need to be reminded why we are still doing this!
August 27th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Veteran
We do it becUse it is the best milk for our babies. It also increases our physical bonding. With that being said, know you are not alone in considering going to formula full time. I do a minimum of 1 formula bottle daily (so my husband can have a close bonding time and so he sleeps longer lol). If I notices his breast feeding session was not well, I will give Tiago 2oz. Tiago liks to play. Some days he will be screaming to eat but he rfuses to latch...or only latches for 5-10 minutes and still cries when he pulls away. But regardless of his days, when he wakes at night, he nurses fully. I so often think of going to 100% formula, but the pediatrician wants me to try to breastfeed him until he is 6 months. When I return to work in a few weeks I am going to have him on formula when I am not around and breastfeeding when I am.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.
August 27th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't do it because of bonding, since I'd only be bonding to my pump...haha. I do it because breast milk is the best thing for her, it's what her body wants. That's about it!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 27th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah it's hard! When I first started pumping, using a hand pump, before the real nursing issues began, I found it to be a huge relief just to be able to have a couple of bottles in the fridge. You might give it a shot?!

And, like the other ladies said, we're doing it because it's best for baby And you don't have much longer of exclusive breastfeeding, either! Soon your boobs will have a little freedom.
SunnyBunnyMama likes this.
August 27th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Veteran
You're not alone. I am getting tired of it too but I can't stop, I don't even think about stopping, it's just much better for the baby. As others suggested, try pumping and see how that goes.

Aaaand as Rhea said, just a few more weeks and you'll introduce solids.. So your boobs wil get a break. Hang in there mamma.
rheaimedved likes this.
August 27th, 2013, 07:09 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw it's tough! Is he waking often to feed at night? Or is he a snacker where he just wants to nibble all day? You could do like Rhea said and try pumping some so that you can take a break but still give him breast milk.
And you could also talk to your doc about starting solids early (say at 4 months) because he may just need to have more in his tummy!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 27th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I start to get discouraged I think about it in terms of the big picture... in our babies lives they are nursed for only a really tiny amount of time (even an extended breast fed baby will only be nursed for a relatively short period of time!)

We are bonding, spending real quality time together, I am giving him the absolute best start possible, and I alone am completely able to sustain life with my body (outside of my body)... it's also FREE!!! so the cheapie in me is thrilled!

I do pump and freeze as well, but it's only been 1 night that I've gotten a bit of a break.... we do give 1 bottle a week just to keep it familiar.
rheaimedved likes this.

August 30th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
It's definitely a challenge but I love the bond I have with my baby and know mama's milk is best. We've already made it past the hardest parts!!!

I just always had the mind set that there is no other way available to feed our babies. It's what nature intended. This forced me to seek help, get it right, and stick with it.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search