Terrible day

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2013, 11:30 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Today was hard. Lexi was very fussy and did her catnapping thing. She took 3 short naps, no more than 45 min each. On top of that, I was on my fourth night of bad sleep because she has woken up at least 3 times every night since Friday night. Last night was the worst - she woke a total of 4 times - 11:15 pm (even though she was fed and put down by 9 pm), 3:30 am, 6 am, and 8 am. I just felt I had no time for my older son bc Lexi was so needy. She didn't sit contentedly in her bouncy seat. It was either me trying to get her down for a nap unsuccessfully or shove the boob in her mouth, which hardly worked. I let my son watch Curious George episodes on the iPad literally all day while I tried to get Lexi to feed, nap, or change her diaper. In the very short time he wasn't on the iPad (mainly for lunch), my son was whiny and breaking down. Ugh. I just felt overwhelmed - I have so much I need to do and can't get anything done. I have no time and when I do have time, I'm just exhausted. I felt like a total failure today.
August 28th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry your day was so rough, but you are absolutely NOT a failure. It takes us a ridiculous amount of time to get things done with the TWO of us home and only ONE baby; you're already running circles around us I'm the queen of putting a ton of pressure on myself and generally being really hard on myself, and it rarely helps very much (doesn't stop me from doing it, sadly), so I hope you can try to relax a little!
August 28th, 2013, 12:32 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did our babies talk and plot their nights/day?! I'm dealing with the same issues. It's so hard when you know they can sleep longer at night and for naps and play independently during the day. I don't know what's up with him but yesterday was my hardest day yet as mommy. Then you think...okay he didn't nap well he will sleep great tonight. Nope!!

I second what rhea said... Please don't feel like a failure. This job is hard enough with one. I often wonder how ill ever do 2. You're doing great!!

August 28th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I'm sorry you had a hard day. Don't beat yourself up. You are not a failure! It's hard enough getting things done with just one baby. Heck, it took me all day to get ready to leave the apartment today, just to walk a few blocks down the street to the convenience store. We didn't leave until 4 p.m.!

August 28th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As the others have said ur not a failure it's hard with 2 especially at home I'm not so bad my older daughter is at school during the day but I still feel I hardly play with her at night and can't get her to bed on time cause Joshua fussing a lot it will get better hang in there x

August 28th, 2013, 05:53 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you're a failure I might as well throw in the towel as well. I completely ***'ed the crap up and let Avery take a nap from 4-6pm yesterday evening, after she slept all morning as well. She didn't go down until 10pm last night and she was very restless and up every couple hours the whole night. Stupidity on my part. Being called in so much the past week and having to wake her up several times a night to go to moms to watch her has seriously screwed with her sleeping schedule. As far as getting anything done, I just give up. Hubs used to sigh and make faces every time he had to go in the game room to grab underwear. Now he just kisses me and says I'm doing a good job with everything as long as the stuff gets washed and dried. He's lowered his expectations of my super woman capabilities. lol It's actually made my life a lot easier. I still feel guilty I don't have everything done. But with picking up after Avery, DSD, DH, and 3 dogs it's all I can do to keep the floors clear to walk and the dishes done. You're not a failure, you're a mom doing what she has to for her children. I just decided these babies are going to grow so fast, this housework can wait. Loving on them is much more important to me.
August 28th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not a failure! Honestly, 80% of my day is taken up by Lilah and my older two are left to play together. I feel SOOOOO guilty, which is an awful feeling. I can't even take them anywhere because Lilah is such a fussy baby when she's tired - she won't just go to sleep, she'll have a massive scream fest first out in public....so we just stay home. I feel like my 4 year old has completely missed out on her summer. She asks me to play with her a lot throughout the day, but I just can't when Lilah is awake.
As for 30 min naps, this is Lilah every day. It's exhausting and frustrating. She took SIX 30 min naps the other day. She's only good awake for 1 1/2 hrs, and of that she's only happy for like 10 min because she's still tired from not sleeping enough. Her short naps are why I have zero time with my other two girls all day - during that 30 min I'm just trying to get things done that really need to be done before she wakes up.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I totally feel for you, I've had those too, and felt really guilty for not doing anything with Ethan beyond keeping him quiet and feeding him. The house really goes to pot on those kinds of days too. You've got it doubly hard, because your son is special needs, so that's gotta be a challenge. I hope it gets better!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 28th, 2013, 10:26 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We all have days like that. Our last few days have sucked too. I have a horrible cold, Jo is needy as heck, Liam is pure evil because he is bored, and Kieran is getting sick too. I just want to bawl at the end of the day. And nothing I can do can fix any of it. I am writing it off and just taking it as it comes. We won't remember it and neither with the kids. Not negatively at least. I bet your son enjoyed watch George (he is a fav around here!). No harm, no foul. But I am sorry you are feeling so ineffective. It sucks to feel that way.
kary4 likes this.
August 28th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Super Mommy
Make cookies!!
August 28th, 2013, 12:55 PM
May 2013 Cohost
If I had time I sooo would...
August 28th, 2013, 01:08 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Make DH bring home cookies after work!! Lol. Cookies help everything (unless you can't taste them...bah).
August 28th, 2013, 01:32 PM
No lie I made DH bring me a container of chocolate icing and a spoon. It was just one of those days.
August 28th, 2013, 01:36 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lol misty.
August 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Maybe that's why I'm not losing weight breast feeding. lol
August 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Seriously - I'm a total emotional eater these days. My thing is ice cream. I think I have it once every single day. I keep telling myself to stop, but by the time supper is done I've just had such a long tiring day, that all I want to do is sit and eat some ice cream.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search