Help! Hair related!!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ladies..... I need hair help! Grow? Cut? What should I do?! It will be 1 year in October that I haven't had a hair cut!!! I hate my hair short and I don't like it in my face. I usually always have it in a ponytail. I never get my hair cut because I get nervous and the person cutting it NEVER does it how I want it and always manages to mess it up.

August 30th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Veteran
Google your state's top list of salons and go to one of them. You will pay more money but it is totally worth it. The one I go to in NJ is on the list of top 100 salons in the country. They are expensive but after a while I go in and say just a trim and my girl literally does just a trim!! my opinion, is keep your hair long, add layers or something for a change. I, personally, love long hair though so I won't cut my hair even though I am terrible and styling it.
August 30th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I live in Canada but i'm sure they have something like that. It's not just the salon though it's the hair dresser. I've been to so many salons and hair dressers and everyone manages to screw it up. I hate paying 50 plus bucks for a cut that sucks!

August 31st, 2013, 12:49 AM
Veteran
I certaintly do not blame you! I found this one girl and now NOBODY cuts my hair besides her.
August 31st, 2013, 03:05 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're hair color and length look a lot like mine and personally I like it best with long layers. I just keep layers in it so I can put it in a ponytail day to day if I can't be bothered with it but it still has enough versatility to be able to straighten or throw a couple of curls in some layers and be sassy for a date night or event. I don't see any on my phone to show you but I'll try to get a pic to better show what I mean today. My layers don't start until just above my shoulders. As far as hair dressers go, you could ask on fb for friend suggestions of good people in your area. I am a firm believer in sticking with one person after you find someone you like. I found my girl by accident when I went to a salon known for crazy hair colors as part of a bet to dye my hair purple for Relay for Life one year. She has long hair as well so understands when I say trim the layers and keep the length that I don't want more than what's dead taken off.
August 31st, 2013, 03:27 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Something like this.

Oh good gravy. Sorry about the size. Really wish you could edit size on the app.
August 31st, 2013, 06:22 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah. Just get some long layers...I like it long..maybe just a couple of inches off.
August 31st, 2013, 06:51 AM
Super Mommy
I would take off 4 or 5 inches. It won't make that much of a difference in LOOKS, but will make you FEEL much better.
August 31st, 2013, 10:48 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have hair envy! Gosh it's gorgeous! I would do some longer layers too. With some framing your lower jaw. So pretty though! I wish I could grow gorgeous hair like that!
August 31st, 2013, 02:20 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup I agree with the above, maybe cut about 3 inches off, and do some long layers. The other thing they can do is if you want more volume to your hair or it feels heavy, is they can go in with a razor (I'm not sure how to explain this right), and just trim out little bits closer to your scalp so that it removes some of the overall hair. You don't see it at all or notice it but it makes your hair lighter and adds volume a bit.
You have beautiful hair!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 31st, 2013, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
your hair is GORGEOUS! i cut my hair about twice a year. most recently a couple of days ago. the woman really manhandled my head but the cut ended up ok (but i would never ever ever go back to her). i have the opposite situation where almost all of my haircuts have been OK, so i feel like i can go pretty much anywhere. however, i do love the aveda salons (i noticed they have them in canada.. might look to see if there's one near you?), if only because they usually do a great job washing my hair (+head massage) i suspect if you ask for a trim/long layers (maybe bangs?! i went with bangs this time. it's so hot i've just been pinning them back, but they're there if i want them!) it would be hard to mess up?? good luck!
September 2nd, 2013, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Yup I agree with the above, maybe cut about 3 inches off, and do some long layers. The other thing they can do is if you want more volume to your hair or it feels heavy, is they can go in with a razor (I'm not sure how to explain this right), and just trim out little bits closer to your scalp so that it removes some of the overall hair. You don't see it at all or notice it but it makes your hair lighter and adds volume a bit.
You have beautiful hair!

I had my hair cut with a razor once...big big mistake. It totally ruined my hair and it took so long to repair the damage. razors are meant for short hair to give volume, not for long hair.

September 2nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
OK sorry, it's something my hairdresser did for me when I had shoulder-length hair. It worked well for me at the time.

September 2nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
I guess it depends on how short your hair is. I know it's not to be done on long hair which is what I've always had. I don't do short hair. I always make sure before the cut that they are not going to use a razor and they are all like nooooo never on long hair.

September 2nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
Huh! I learn something new every day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search