Twice a night

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By ltemp45

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2013, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
For the past 2 nights, Lilah has been up twice in the night to eat. She used to sleep from 7:45 - 2 or 3am, then until 6am. Now she's down around 8pm, up around midnight, then up again between 4-5am and does NOT want to go back to sleep after that. It takes us an hour to get her back down, and even then she's restless and up by 6 or 6:30. TIRED. So very tired!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 31st, 2013, 12:15 PM
May 2013 Cohost
We're back to twice a night as well. On our vacation, Lexi spoiled me and slept 9 pm - 5:30 am. But on our last night, she was up 3 times. When we got back she was up for 3-4 times consistently for 4 days straight, one of them being 11:30 pm even though she was just put down at 9 pm. I was livid. Now we're back to twice a night - 2:00 am and 5:30 am ish. It sucks. I'm chalking it up to a growth spurt.
August 31st, 2013, 12:34 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just figure that's pretty normal. Avery is down around 8 then wakes to eat at 1 and again at 4ish and is usually pretty restless when I put her down after that so I just get up and watch I Love Lucy and she'll fall back asleep on the boppy in my lap until 7ish. We have to get up at 6am anyway on school days so it doesn't bother me. If she'd drop the 1am feed though I'd be really happy.
August 31st, 2013, 02:18 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you all are getting worse sleep right now. Kody seems to be waking a bit more often too, last night he went to sleep at 10:30pm and then wanted to eat at 1am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, 7am, and then woke up for the day at 8. Lovely!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 31st, 2013, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG Joy! I'd be DRAGGING!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 31st, 2013, 05:22 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Omg samesies! Claire has been SUCH a great sleeper since she was 8 weeks old. Lately though she's been waking multiple times a night. I get up for work at 3 am (no that's not a typo) and she's been waking up between 1 and 2. DH gets up and feeds her, but of course I can't sleep through it (I'm a control freak helicopter) so I've been getting like 4 hours of sleep a night. It's rad.

I'm just hoping its the 4 month sleep regression happening a month early, and she'll get through it. Please god let us get through it.
August 31st, 2013, 05:37 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Joy, seriously, you need to have a come to Jesus talk with Mr Kody. That's insane. Avery didn't wake that much even as a newborn.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
August 31st, 2013, 07:43 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Misty, if you can believe it, his big brother was worse than he is. And he was worse for a lot longer after this age too. So I'm just counting my blessings (as much as you can when you're sleep deprived) that it's not worse. Some days I do drag, but I guess my body has developed the art of sleeping hard in between wakings. If I get about 9 hours total from start to finish, I can function pretty well. If I get 7 or less hours though, I'm a wreck and must have a nap. It's a day to day thing.
Also I can catch a nap by telling Ethan he has to go play in his room for awhile and leave Mommy alone so she can sleep. I can usually catch an hour nap that way.
SunnyBunnyMama likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 1st, 2013, 02:36 PM
I feel so much better. My son was asleep by 10:30 up at 12:30, 4, 5:45, 6:30. I liked the six hr stretches, if this keeps up going to work will be exhausting for me.
SunnyBunnyMama likes this.

September 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Chloe has been doing this too, she goes down at 8, and wakes by 1 or 2am. then again around 5 or 6. I hope this is just a stage and her sleeping goes back to normal soon.

September 2nd, 2013, 06:37 AM
Veteran
Yup same here. Glad it's "normal" bc my son started to sleep six hour stretches at two months but now he's up more often...

And Joy... Completely understand. My son is so much better than my eldest daughter that I can't complain.
September 2nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just about to post on sleep regression. Maybe its a stage? Roman always woke twice a night from the day he was born. Lately hes been waking more and more. Im starting to get a little frustrated. Im ready for a solid night of sleep.

September 2nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi woke 3 times last night - 2 am, 5 am, and 7 am...ugh. And wouldn't nap all morning. I took my son to the pool this am and hubby couldn't get her to nap.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search