Fall clothes!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2013, 12:28 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Tomorrow is September!! So fall is right around the corner.

Do your babies have a fall/cold weather wardrobe?

If not, when are you shopping?

What size are you anticipating your baby will wear in the cooler weather?

What are you doing with the outgrown summer clothes? (Keep, sell, donate, pass to friends/family)

August 31st, 2013, 02:29 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's weird, I have a bunch of 9 months size clothes from Ethan, but only 2 or 3 six months outfits. So we'll have to go buy some. I'll probably buy second hand because I can't afford to buy everything he needs for the next 3 months. Can't believe he's already into 6 months size! He's outgrowing everything.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 31st, 2013, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have more than enough clothing for Arthur from now until 18 months roughly... He and my nephew were opposite seasons, but apparently they dressed him for cold weather in the summer, because everything we have handed down from him should work for Arthur this winter! We are short on 3-6 and 6 mo sleepers, but when I started digging through them I found we have at least 10, which is really more than enough... it's amazing how much stuff this little boy has been given!

August 31st, 2013, 03:12 PM
Super Mommy
I bought a bunch of second hand clothes good for 12 months. My son is in 6-9 months now so I have plenty of summer and warm clothes. Will buy maybe two jackets.. but if I find other good deals on second hand clothes, I'd buy more.

Oh and I am keeping all the outgrown clothes. I kept all his sister's too. I do want more kids two or three years from now.

Last edited by SunnyBunnyMama; August 31st, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
August 31st, 2013, 04:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have started shopping for her. You'd think that after 2 other girls, I wouldn't need clothes, but the seasons aren't matching up, and/or a lot of the clothes were stained after being through 2 other girls, so they got thrown out.
I am buying sizes 9 and 12 months for the cooler weather, since she's wearing 6 month stuff now. I am all about onesie and pant sets. I am IN LOVE with onesies because I hate how shirts ride up and you have to keep pulling them down. Onesies are the best!

All the stuff she's outgrown ( ) are going to be sold. She's our last baby. So sad to put those tiny clothes away forever.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 31st, 2013, 06:42 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We have clothes for Jo for cooler weather. My mom assisted with that a lot She loves to shop (she also bought the boys a ton this year!). So no shopping trips for us!

We have 3-6, 6, and 6-9 for fall weather. I think we guessed well, but might end up needing some 12s by the end of winter.

Ours are being saved in the attic. I need to weed out the boys for the ones that are stained or not favorites. But we do want one more. Then it will probably go to my brothers when they have kids.
August 31st, 2013, 08:01 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I just bought a bunch of stuff for Lexi's fall wardrobe, mostly from baby gap and all on sale. I got all 3-6 month stuff. She is just starting to outgrow her 3 month summer clothes, so it's perfect timing. I'm really excited about her new clothes!

I also bought a bunch of microfleece sleepers on sale from Carter's - I got those in 9 month size.
August 31st, 2013, 08:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I live in San Diego, so the weather change is mild enough to not warrant a new wardrobe. Plus, that's not a thing I do anyway. It seems like we're set for clothes up until about the 1 year sizes... which, frankly, at 20 pounds, he is rapidly approaching.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search