Nap schedule?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2013, 12:35 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi's schedule is all over the place these days. I hate not knowing when she will be awake for the day or how long she will nap for. My son was way more consistent at her age. The only thing consistent is that she's taking 3 catnaps a day - 45 min or less. It sucks. Plus she's still getting up twice a night to feed. It's insanity.

Here's a general schedule:

Up for day between 8:30-9:00 am
Feed
Wash head/face, Vitamin D drops, get dressed
Playmat time - tummy time and back time with toys
Offer seconds before putting down for nap

Nap 1 (in crib): down no later than 10:30 am, but she's up by 11:15 am
Feed
Sit in bouncy seat downstairs with toys while my son plays and then fix lunch. I usually eat standing up after I serve my son. It's faster and it's bc she starts getting fussy. I offer her more milk.

Nap 2 (in crib): 12:30 or 12:45pm, up by 1:30 pm (right as my son has just started his nap)
Feed
More tummy time and upstairs bouncy seat time with toys
Offer seconds

Nap 3 (in bassinet): around 3 pm...up by 3:45 pm
Son wakes up around this time too
Feed
Downstairs bouncy seat with toys while I make dinner/play with son

Hubby takes son outside at 5 pm. Lexi is up until 8 pm usually. Fussy all during dinner.

She's asleep now by 8:30 pm...but then wakes twice a night to feed.

What's up with the catnaps?? What is your little one's schedule like?

Last edited by kary4; August 31st, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
August 31st, 2013, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua has no schedule either the only set times he has are a feed at 6 then sleeps till about 10 the rest of the day I just make up depending what were doing he's also stopped sleeping much during the day my daughter never had a schedule at this age either it's hard when u have more than one especially pre-school I'm sure u will get in a schedule soon they're still really young u do way more stuff than me we have no set time for tummy time and stuff like that I'm doing well if we include it in the day at all! x

August 31st, 2013, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah's schedule is this:
Up sometimes between 4:45am - 6:30am. Nap every hour and a half. All day long. For however long suits her. Bed at 8pm-ish. Up once or twice a night.

Today she actually took a good nap in the morning - 2 1/2 hrs I think. After that, it was 40 min naps the rest of the day. She's only good awake for 1 1/2 hrs though, no longer.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 31st, 2013, 06:50 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We don't really have much of a schedule either. But it's fine because my boys are scheduled and Jo needs to fit into our errand times

She gets up when my boys do, around 7ish. I think she would sleep longer, but she won't sleep unless I am holding her. Lol.

She will take a morning cat nap, an early afternoon cat nap, a somewhat longer afternoon nap (45 minutes or so, when big brothers are sleeping), and a pre-bed cat nap. Mostly her catnaps are 20 minutes. But she really only sleeps on me, so that's just her. She is nosy.

Bedtime is about 9. Wakes 2-3 times at night. So nothing real easy to count on. I figure when she turns 4 months I'll see if I can get her into more of a routine. Maybe
September 1st, 2013, 01:43 AM
Veteran
Tiago's schedule varies day to day. He tyoicallt eats every 3 hours and tries to sleep after a maximum of 2 hours awake usually...however, he takes cat naps as well. He took his longest nap in a long time last week. 3 hours!! Usually he ranges from 45 minutes to 1 hour. But he plays the rest of the day. I am sure when I bring him to my job...he will be going into the infant room, I teach preschool... he will get on more of a schedule. I am dreading the day he goes into daycare though because he can not fall asleep on his own... I know he is going to just cry and it breaks my heart!! But...that is a different subject. Sorry
September 1st, 2013, 06:46 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kary, our schedules are exactly the same!! Except my little one goes down at 6pm and wakes at 6am with two feedings in between. I would so prefer one long nap instead of 3 short!

September 1st, 2013, 08:12 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Last night was pure hell....we went out to dinner and she went ballistic. Right when the food came, she started crying pretty hard, so one of us had to push her around the parking lot while the other tried to eat and manage our son, who was off the wall behaviorally. Then on our drive home, Lexi lost it. She was screaming in hunger/tiredness for about 15 minutes straight - it was torture. As soon as we pulled up I rushed in, got her upstairs, and tried to feed her, but she was so worked up it didn't work. I finally got her calm enough to feed her and then after that was able to get her changed and put down for the night around 8:30 pm. But then she had one of her worst nights yet. She cried at 10:15 pm, but I was able to use the paci and she went back to sleep. At 12:15 am, she cried again and I fed her. She then was up at 3 am, 5 am, and 6 am. Also, after some of the feedings were over, she would still fuss when I would put her down to change her. So then I would feed her again! It was pure misery! I have no idea what's going on. I'm exhausted today.
September 1st, 2013, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kary that sounds horrible!

Our day is fairly unstructured, but goes kind of like this: wakes up around 9 am for the "day," eats a tiny bit (nurses for 5 minutes max-- he's just awake and wants to hang out). We spend a little time with him in bed, playing, looking in the mirror, then go out to the living room and put him in his swing for awhile and give him some toys to play with/look at. After about 1-1.5 hours of being awake he starts to get hungry, so we usually spend the next .5-1 hour fighting him to eat, then he'll nap for 1.5-3 hours (depending on how long he was awake). Then he wakes up for another couple of hours, we play, give him some quiet time. We usually get one good walk in with him outside a day, but at totally different times. The naps get less frequent toward the end of the day and by 6pm or so he'll be awake anywhere from 3 to 5 hours, relatively fussy toward the end of that time (compared to the rest of the day), then we feed him and put him down to sleep, and he'll sleep 9-11 hours, waking up once to eat, usually. We're usually out of the house in the later part of the day so that has contributed to his bedtime migrating from 930ish to around 1030.
SunnyBunnyMama likes this.
September 1st, 2013, 04:37 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Wow, Rhea, 9-11 hours at night and only wakes once to feed?! You must be in heaven!
SunnyBunnyMama likes this.
September 2nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Wow, Rhea, 9-11 hours at night and only wakes once to feed?! You must be in heaven!
I'm still in shock by it! Right around 3 months he just, all of the sudden, started sleeping at night. Before that he'd sleep 2 hours, then maaaybe another 2, then 1 more, and that was it. Every time my husband complains about being tired, I remind him of how it used to be.
September 2nd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
wow.. I wish my lil man was sleeping 9-11 hours with one feeding only! He actually started doing that at 8 weeks, I was SO overjoyed and I think I jinxed him. But he's still a much better baby than his sister was so no complaints...
rheaimedved likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search