have you ever?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2013, 01:31 AM
Veteran
Last night, I was outside with Tiago trying to put him to sleep. I felt a mosquito om my neck and went to brush it away with my hand. As I was getting up from the swing, I tried to give Tiago his pacifier when I felt that I scratchrd him with my nail. I felt terrible...especially because he was screaming. I went into the house and I noticed that I scratched him right under his nostral... poor guy was bleeding a little bit. I feel so badly...I know it happens and he is ok ..but I felt so so badly!! And my husband didn't help once he saw the blood! He was so mad at me it made me evn more upset. I just kept telling myself that one day he is going to have an accident with him and he will feel just as badly... am I wrong? I checked his little nose when he wokr to feed a little bit ago and there is litterally a small pin hold sized mark. Tiago does worse to himself right before I cut his nails. I still feel terrible but I am trying to justify things. Have any of you ladies made any mistake like this?
September 1st, 2013, 05:56 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't stress it. There will be many more accidents throughout the next 18 years and nobody is to blame. Hence the word accident. I'm kind of upset that your hubs purposefully tried to make you feel bad about it. That's just wrong. When Avery was like a month or two I was cutting her nails and accidentally knicked the tip of her pinky. She cried for half a second and went right back to sleep, my guilt was eternal though. Seeing her little finger bleed broke my heart, but guess what, it healed and she's fine and life goes on. He'll wake up today and be perfectly fine. Don't let it get to you too much.
September 1st, 2013, 06:11 AM
Veteran
Oh I told my husband the same thing and he is fine. He has a little scratch but he will be ok. I did the same cutting his nails...but no blood...I felt terrible!!!
September 1st, 2013, 06:49 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think under the nose is really thin and sensitive skin. I've scratched him trying to gently get a booger! Like misty said, there will be many more incidents that come up in 18 years. Accidents happen!

September 1st, 2013, 07:54 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're right in trying to make lighter of it than your husband did. You already feel bad enough, no sense making you feel worse!!!
I recall when Ethan was a baby, I was cutting his nails and did the exact same thing---cut the tip of his finger instead. Oh I felt soooo bad and just wished I could make his pain go away. As moms, we are there to protect, nurture, and care for our babies, so when something goes wrong and we accidentally hurt them instead, it just goes against every instinct within us. That's really hard to take.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Brock's minion
I'm in the cutting club also. I had finished 9 perfect nails and on his tiny thumb he moved as I pushed down. I swear it looked like a killing field, so much blood. Brock screamed and cried and I cried right along with him. It was horrible! I made him a huge ghetto wrap bandaide and hugged on him for hours. My husband felt terrible that he was at work but I still think he was pissed off at me.

Michelle
September 1st, 2013, 10:14 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think DH would have been mad at me, but I'll admit he was at work when it happened and I didn't even tell him. He found out a few days later when it was already almost healed and I finally mentioned it. By then she was fine so it wasn't a big deal anymore.
September 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Add me to the nail cutting opps too - I did it to DS! I'm still afraid to trim either of their nails. I've scratched everyone in the house at some time or another with my long nails, they've all survived. The other day my father pinched my DS' nose lightly just playing around and he got a huge nosebleed - DS gets nosebleeds a lot but my Dad didn't know that and he felt soooo bad. DH can be critical sometimes, you have to ignore it, they don't get it until it happens to them...
September 1st, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had good luck cutting Misha's nails so far! But occasionally my nails get him (leaving marks, usually), or I accidentally bend his arm uncomfortably when getting him in/out of his car seat or re-positioning him, or semi-drop him face first onto a pillow, or whatever. It's pretty much the worst feeling, but he forgets quickly. The WORST incident we had was about a week ago: my husband and I were outside, and I was turning the sprinklers on and off (to show my husband how they worked-- this is the house I grew up in, so I know more about it than he does); so I was squatting on the ground and my husband put the baby on my back.. for a split second he wasn't supporting him and I moved just enough for the baby to fall off. Naturally I made some loud shrieking sounds and my husband (who immediately grabbed the baby, who had only fallen about 6" on his butt in some dirt) scolded me for these noises and scaring the baby. I called him some names and didn't speak to him for about 30 minutes, but later apologized; I had just been really scared, because I knew there were some bricks nearby and was terrified he'd hit his head. So anyway, that was kind of a debacle.
September 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had an accident with Joshua a month ago where something fell on him and I felt terrible to he was screaming so loudly but he won't he remember it my SO also over reacted and made me feel terrible which wasn't necessary I felt awful anyway x

September 2nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh that reminds me! I dropped a pair of little nail clippers on his face when I was clipping his nails once. Mom of the year right here.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search