4 month check up today!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi had her 4 month appointment this am. She is petite! She is only 11 lbs, 9 oz! But she is 23.75 inches long. Pedi said I could let her cry for nap times (lately she goes ballistic as soon as I lay her down for a nap - even though she has been fed and changed. It becomes me having to go in, give her her paci, and then listening to her scream before going in again. The problem is she puts her hands in her face and pulls the paci out, the cries bc she doesn't have it! Finally after 20 minutes, I go in for one last paci run and she is so worn out, she conks out.)

We also discussed solids. She told me not to do rice cereal everyday. In fact, she said we don't even have to do cereals at all bc they don't have much nutritional value anyway. Now I'm seriously considering skipping them altogether bc I don't want to have to pump milk to mix in with it anyway. Less work for me! I'll probably start something around 5 months. Or maybe I'll wait till 6 months.

I mentioned my concern about Lexi's head control. The pedi thought she had good control bc she was sitting her up and testing her on tummy time. But, she did show considerable head lag when laying flat and the pedi pulled her up by her hands. I think Lexi is also going to have low tone (like my son). I'm trying not to worry, bc my son did end up meeting his milestones, albeit a bit late. But I hope she doesn't have sensory issues like him.

She did so much better with her shots this time. The first one she didn't even cry, but the dtap one was the killer. But she was able to calm down quickly.

Last edited by kary4; September 4th, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
September 5th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Veteran
whoa, good girl Lexi. I am already worried about the shots, I am even considering rescheduling our pedi's appt this month. In my case, I'll be taking both kids for shots (4 months, and 24 month shots) and oh my, I don't think I can handle it.

Don't worry about Lexi being petite. My daughter was always petite, but she's always been healthy.

I remember our dr also said we can do rice cereal at four months. I may also skip it. As you said, there's no nutritional value in it (I know it's fortified with iron) and Rhea once posted an article about arsenic in rice and rice cereal. Nothing better than breastmilk anyways ;-)
rheaimedved likes this.
September 6th, 2013, 07:15 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow she is a petite little thing! Each baby is different. Kody is 15 lbs 8 oz now. I'm glad she did ok for her shots.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search