anyone started solid food?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Veteran
if yes,

how old was your baby (weeks, months) when you started?
what did you start with?
what were your reasons? (doctor's recommendations, just for fun...?)
how did your baby like it?
September 17th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I can't really say we started solids, but we've let him suck on a nectarine and a banana. I finally bought some tiny spoons so we're gonna try oatmeal with breast milk soon. Our pediatrician thought it might be time at 2 months, since he was so big then (18ish lbs)... our new pediatrician also thinks it wouldn't be a bad thing to start him on some solids. He's 4 months and one week and about 20 lbs. She said if he's watching us eat (totally is) it's a good sign he might be interested. He showed enthusiasm for the fruits. We also bought some of those mesh feeders for fruits and veggies, so I'll probably start shoving everything I can think of into those to see how he likes it.
EverydayJoy likes this.
September 17th, 2013, 08:23 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started Grady with gerber oatmeal last week (5 months) and he loved it! You would have thought we were giving him cake. We started because he was showing so much interest in our food. I think we will add veggies at 6 months, maybe a little sooner.

September 18th, 2013, 12:55 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've done jar food twice and oatmeal a few times a week. Once she starts eating more oatmeal than I'm throwing away I'll get more active in feeding solids. We do give her bites of different soft things as we are eating just for fun (mashed potatoes, pudding, applesauce, etc.). We don't give her more than a couple of bites, just to get her used to different foods and it's not often enough for her to prefer it to baby food.
September 19th, 2013, 06:59 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have. at his 4 month appt the doctor said we can start whenever he's ready. he's had applesauce, bananas, baby cereal with breast milk, and I threw a banana and a few frozen blueberries into the magic bullet and he loved it! I think I am going to try carrots today, he needs some veggies and that's all I really have on hand at the moment.

we started because he was very interested in food, he was almost pissed off at me for not sharing one day so I brought it up to my doctor. he said he's strong and healthy and the 6 month rule is more for places where you can't get nutritious foods. right now we're only giving him food once a day around dinner time.

September 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sophia eats solids regularly now, usually 3 times a day. She was about 4 months when we started, maybe slightly less, she was sucking down 8 ounce bottles and screaming while watching us eat, her Dr. said it was okay as long as she can hold her head up alone which she does just fine, even with the torticollis. She eats the Gerber and Beech Nut First Foods, loves the bananas, squash, peaches and sweet potatoes, so far does not like the carrots lol. Sometimes she makes funny faces when she starts to eat like she doesn't like the taste or is getting used to it and then typically she will down a whole container no problem. If I stop and wipe her face, she flips out crying until I start feeding her again, she is a total pig!! The only downside is her stools which are a lot nastier and larger now!
September 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
We've only given Koa a piece of watermelon in a mesh feeder yesterday. He LOVED it. We're going to start doing baby food in his 6th month. I'm so sad because that's coming fast! I don't want our babies to be half a year yet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search