Log In Sign Up

Moms of girls


Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By LabLover13
  • 1 Post By lovingmyfamily8
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 2 Post By MrsLisaT
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
September 19th, 2013, 04:05 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,720
Do you do bows/headbands? I admit I have a minor bow addiction. This is our collection so far.



Also I found this awesome site with tons of stuff at really good prices.
Ema Jane Baby Hair Accessories and Clothing | Vintage, Chiffon, Boutique, Bows, Flowers, Clips, Leg Warmers, Hats

Now I just gotta find somewhere selling headbands to put the bows on. haha
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
September 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 307
Holy smokes lady! That's a lotta bows!

I can honestly say that I've only put a headband on Claire once. It was super cute, but she normally just hangs out in a onesie and that feels like "dressing up". Ha. I'm so freaking lazy.
EverydayJoy likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
September 19th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yamaguchi, Japan
Posts: 545
I wish! I haven't been able to find any headbands for babies for sale here. Maybe I'll try to find some when I visit the States. That website looks cute, but it says they don't ship here. Your collection of bows is cute.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
September 19th, 2013, 06:04 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan View Post
I wish! I haven't been able to find any headbands for babies for sale here. Maybe I'll try to find some when I visit the States. That website looks cute, but it says they don't ship here. Your collection of bows is cute.
When my brother was in Afghanistan and couldn't have stuff shipped to him he would have it sent to me and then I would send it on to him. I bet your family would accept a package and send it to you. The kicker would be if it's worth it having to ship it to too places. Might make it a little pricey.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
September 19th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yamaguchi, Japan
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
When my brother was in Afghanistan and couldn't have stuff shipped to him he would have it sent to me and then I would send it on to him. I bet your family would accept a package and send it to you. The kicker would be if it's worth it having to ship it to too places. Might make it a little pricey.
Yeah...my mom has sent me two packages while I've been here and it's soooo expensive. She spent like $75 on a small box of clothes, so I try to get things from Japanese sites as often as I can. :S
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
September 19th, 2013, 07:35 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,720
$75????? That's insane. I always use the flat rate postal boxes. They saved me a ton.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
September 19th, 2013, 08:00 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,241
We have quite a headband collection. Jo wears one about 2-3 times a week. I try to put one on her when I go out. But we haven't started on bows yet. Our headbands are one-piece, without the removable part. Me and mom made a bunch a while back
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
September 20th, 2013, 03:32 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,888
bows and headbands became really popular a year or two after my daughter was born, so she never wore them. I put a little one on her for a picture once. I wonder if I can dig it up... man, I sound old. am I old?
__________________
Lori
mom to
Rebecca (11/22/07), Nathan (7/31/10), and Thomas (5/3/13)

Reply With Quote
  #9  
September 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan View Post
Yeah...my mom has sent me two packages while I've been here and it's soooo expensive. She spent like $75 on a small box of clothes, so I try to get things from Japanese sites as often as I can. :S
Not sure what part of Japan you live in but when we lived there I found tons of cute bows at the yen store. I would also go to the fabric store and make my own. It is very easy. Also I found a few cute ones at Toys r us. There was a baby store that carried bows. We called it the bunny store because the logo was a bunny.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
September 20th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yamaguchi, Japan
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmyfamily8 View Post
Not sure what part of Japan you live in but when we lived there I found tons of cute bows at the yen store. I would also go to the fabric store and make my own. It is very easy. Also I found a few cute ones at Toys r us. There was a baby store that carried bows. We called it the bunny store because the logo was a bunny.
Lol I know exactly what you're talking about when you say "the bunny store." We do have one of those here (Nishimatsuya is the name) and I did see some bows, but not with headbands. I have thought about making them myself, but I guess I'm lazy and was just looking for an easier way, heh. I didn't think about looking at the 100 yen store for bows! If I do decide to make my own headbands, I'll definitely have to check that out!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
September 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan View Post
Lol I know exactly what you're talking about when you say "the bunny store." We do have one of those here (Nishimatsuya is the name) and I did see some bows, but not with headbands. I have thought about making them myself, but I guess I'm lazy and was just looking for an easier way, heh. I didn't think about looking at the 100 yen store for bows! If I do decide to make my own headbands, I'll definitely have to check that out!
i bought tons of hello kitty bows and clips from the yen store. I miss Japan so much. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Shufu_in_Shunan likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
September 21st, 2013, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 5,039
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
we have a ginormous collection and DD still at 3.5 doesn't go anywhere without some kind of hair accessory. I had to take up making them to cover my addiction! You should learn misty!
EverydayJoy likes this.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #13  
September 21st, 2013, 12:11 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,583
I guess I'm in the lazy camp. I have two headbands that I bought - I ended up returning one bc it was too large when she was a newborn. She has yet to wear the second one. I thought I would go wild with them, but it turned out I was too worried about her head being too soft I guess
Reply With Quote
  #14  
September 22nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
I love headbands! I've been crocheting some for Anna. It is so much fun. I've thought about learning to make the ribbon ones but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Here is a pic of Anna wearing one that I crocheted.

ashj_1218 and EverydayJoy like this.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
September 22nd, 2013, 09:43 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,583
Wow, Anna is gorgeous! I love the headband!
MrsLisaT likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
September 23rd, 2013, 07:21 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,622
That is so cute, Lisa!
MrsLisaT likes this.
__________________


Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0